3 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfia18

Wolfia18

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationHell, Arizona

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:24 PM

First off , I love the fact that the achievements (medals) in this game actually give you feasible rewards that you can use at your preference, but I think the system could be improved with one simple change.

See, currently, anyone who wants to get the most out of this system will simply needs to go to a higher-level map, find a nice, crowded spot and combo until they get the best badge out there. Then, they can go back without a care in the world and never use the system again, because they don't need it. To make things a little more dyanamic, I propose that instead of the badges offering seperate bonuses, they all offer permanent boosts as soon as you get them. This works for two reasons:
1. Now, people who like a certain title over others can use that one without fear of it weighing them down, and
2. It actually encourages people to be active about it instead of just going after that one and never thinking about it again, thus offering more to do, and more time to enjoy the game

I realize this would mean a lot of medals would have to get nerfed, but the end justifies the means. The resulting bonus of finally getting all the achievements would be heafty indeed, but it would only go to the skilled and devoted who actually deserve it. Plus, I guarantee you that a lot of people are much more concerned about their own personal numbers than they are about climbing a leaderboard, which would mean this change also has the positive effect of making one of the systems a stronger, more engaging part of the game.

Mine isn't the only opinion that matters, though, so what do you guys think?

#2 tunafish

tunafish

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Locationunder the sea

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:35 PM

Trust me, people are playing enough already, we don't need more changes to the achievement/medal feature, as it gets everyone stacked enough already.
There are tons to choose from, and various ones with different stat boosters.

Sure, everyone has the same one, but just because we have Legend of Combo doesn't mean we don't care about combo anymore.
Especially when a combo of 100+ gives you x1.5 exp. That alone gets my combo's up into the thousands, not because I want to get it that high, but because I want to keep my exp high.

The achievement leaderboard means nothing to me.
It only showed me which categories I should look into, to boost my AP to 70,000 for the job change.

As for the PVP medals, I can guarantee that everyone still PVP's.
But of course they won't be killing an unequipped afk character for the medal, they'll actually play/fight.

Medals were meant to be gained over time, not all in one day, or even in one sitting.
But there are always those who want to get them the easiest & quickest way possible.

#3 Wolfia18

Wolfia18

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationHell, Arizona

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:51 PM

Trust me, people are playing enough already, we don't need more changes to the achievement/medal feature, as it gets everyone stacked enough already.
There are tons to choose from, and various ones with different stat boosters.

Sure, everyone has the same one, but just because we have Legend of Combo doesn't mean we don't care about combo anymore.
Especially when a combo of 100+ gives you x1.5 exp. That alone gets my combo's up into the thousands, not because I want to get it that high, but because I want to keep my exp high.

The achievement leaderboard means nothing to me.
It only showed me which categories I should look into, to boost my AP to 70,000 for the job change.

As for the PVP medals, I can guarantee that everyone still PVP's.
But of course they won't be killing an unequipped afk character for the medal, they'll actually play/fight.

Medals were meant to be gained over time, not all in one day, or even in one sitting.
But there are always those who want to get them the easiest & quickest way possible.

It still doesn't change the fact that everybody gets one and forgets about the others. You said it yourself: you care about the leaderboards about as much as anybody with an Xbox cares about their gamerscore. It just feels like a waste.

#4 tunafish

tunafish

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Locationunder the sea

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:31 PM

It still doesn't change the fact that everybody gets one and forgets about the others. You said it yourself: you care about the leaderboards about as much as anybody with an Xbox cares about their gamerscore. It just feels like a waste.

Ohhh I see what you're saying haha.
Perhaps there should be another medal, similarily to the guild tournament ones, timed medal when you achieve a certain amount of points.
Could be used at any time, maybe 1-time use, or maybe as a skill with a 1-day cooldown? IDK the possibilities are limitless!

But you're right, there arent many people that strive to be #1, except for the top3.
I know Taomang likes to get medals for fun, just for the sake of obtaining them.

Maybe someday we'll get a system where we can use AP similarily to CP, trade for a PvP exclusive set, or something like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users