About the map in PvP areas . - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

About the map in PvP areas .

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:42 AM

I suggest that the 'enemy tracker' has to be removed cause its ruining strategies / ambushes ... Peeps that have full (15) shouldn't be undefeatable , it should only help them survive longer and kill faster . Also raiders have lost their potential as assasins ... whats the use of having cloak or stealth when people knew where u r ? Might as well rename it untargetable .

Faction Wars nowadays r highly dependent on the amount of people on each team . If we remove the enemy dots on the map , it would be a lot more fun as they would have a chance to at least get close to the side crystal . I mean what the hell ... whenever attackers leave their base , they get shouted OMG 3 IN WEST TUNNEL , etc . It might also eventually fix spawn camping issue or spawn killing cause we don't know where people r or where they r hiding and would defend the crystals rather then running around knowing theres no enemy at all just because of the map .

Ruins and DOD is a great place to PK as it has a lot of trees , holes , high hills , etc , if the map would be modified like that then it would be a lot more fun . Just imagine .Posted Image

Feedbacks r appreciated :P .

Edited by Span, 10 December 2010 - 02:37 AM.

#2 Gwyn

Gwyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:29 AM

ya i agree the minimap shows good intel no element of surprise anymore
they should disable minimap on those said maps

#3 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:25 AM

The outnumbered team gets hurt by this just as much as the team with lots of people.

Only problem I see with the UW map is the ability to hide inside the crystals, which isn't actually a UW problem as it is a game mechanic problem.

#4 Gwyn

Gwyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:01 AM

The outnumbered team gets hurt by this just as much as the team with lots of people.

Only problem I see with the UW map is the ability to hide inside the crystals, which isn't actually a UW problem as it is a game mechanic problem.

actually it will depend on the individual player
if he/she has good battle surrounding awareness and good team play
coz one would need to look at the screen and not the mini map to spot a person hiding on the otherside of the wall for ex

#5 floptop

floptop

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:Leo

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:09 AM

yup if I play UW i always see spawn shouting where everyone comes from lol

anyways if a hawker cloacks/stealths they should become invi on the map

#6 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:59 AM

yup if I play UW i always see spawn shouting where everyone comes from lol

anyways if a hawker cloacks/stealths they should become invi on the map

With the name gone it would be hard enough to be noticeable .

Edited by Span, 10 December 2010 - 06:43 AM.

#7 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:47 AM

Maybe if they first just balance uw it will be alot better already.
Now when u come to kill a crystal 2 persons can spam their aoe buttons and their safe again if they aint being stunned or muted.
Enough suggestion has been made already for uw.

Tho would be nice to have this 2, but imo not the most important thing for uw atm.

#8 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:49 AM

Maybe if they first just balance uw it will be alot better already.
Now when u come to kill a crystal 2 persons can spam their aoe buttons and their safe again if they aint being stunned or muted.
Enough suggestion has been made already for uw.

Tho would be nice to have this 2, but imo not the most important thing for uw atm.

Were not just talking about UW but also the PVP system , its totally lacking of strategies ...

#9 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:59 AM

Were not just talking about UW but also the PVP system , its totally lacking of strategies ...

true, kinda what i ment by http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/comp26.gif hotkeys to aoe when some ppl get near, i cant see this as a strategy actualy xD
Tho i think ppl will tell raiders are op with this implented. Just my thoughts :P

Im not that much in pvp zones, even with lvling i rather go to a spot with more challenge then goin dod till 215, i think in pvp maps like dod and ruins it will only be a great advantage to the pkers.

Dont get me wrong i like the idea :unsure:

Edited by Graziano, 10 December 2010 - 07:06 AM.

#10 Pink

Pink

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • LocationYour bed. For snuggles.

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:02 AM

Psh...

I do that all day errday.
That silly crystal should protect me once in a while.

#11 DayNine

DayNine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:34 PM

Its an interesting idea, would be nice to have some actual strategy implemented into the game.

#12 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:52 PM

It wouldnt really matter because no one is willing to listen or form strategy ... They get buff, runs out, get killed, demand buff again, and run out again. When there is no teamwork, whats the point of talking about strategy?

#13 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:55 PM

It wouldnt really matter because no one is willing to listen or form strategy ... They get buff, runs out, get killed, demand buff again, and run out again. When there is no teamwork, whats the point of talking about strategy?

And a good portion of one side will give up when they are outnumbered. Which almost always happens.

In regard to the topic, I think it would help the one or two individuals who try to sneak to a side crystal without half of the other time shouting to attack them. But like Brownbear said it could also hurt them two when they don't see exactly see how huge an enemy group is.

#14 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:35 PM

And a good portion of one side will give up when they are outnumbered. Which almost always happens.

In regard to the topic, I think it would help the one or two individuals who try to sneak to a side crystal without half of the other time shouting to attack them. But like Brownbear said it could also hurt them two when they don't see exactly see how huge an enemy group is.

Never-attack-alone .

#15 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:44 PM

Never-attack-alone .

Hard not to when you have 0 allies.

#16 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:46 PM

Hard not to when you have 0 allies.

Always-run

#17 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:13 PM

Always-run

Going to have to fight sooner or later or you might as well leave.

actually it will depend on the individual player
if he/she has good battle surrounding awareness and good team play
coz one would need to look at the screen and not the mini map to spot a person hiding on the otherside of the wall for ex

Such a person would rather look at the minimap to see whats coming his/her way.

And about the wall thing. How does looking on the screen help you notice someone on the other side of a wall more than the minimap? I don't understand what you are saying here.

Edited by BrownBear, 10 December 2010 - 04:16 PM.

#18 Gwyn

Gwyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

Going to have to fight sooner or later or you might as well leave.

Such a person would rather look at the minimap to see whats coming his/her way.

And about the wall thing. How does looking on the screen help you notice someone on the other side of a wall more than the minimap? I don't understand what you are saying here.

thats why im saying if we remove the minimap on these maps the wars would be more of skills and awarness unlike the system now where all u need to do is freakin look at the mini map to know that someone is on the vicinity

#19 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:05 PM

stealth type moves should remove your icon from the map, I like it

#20 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:15 PM

thats why im saying if we remove the minimap on these maps the wars would be more of skills and awarness unlike the system now where all u need to do is freakin look at the mini map to know that someone is on the vicinity

Oh, so we are supposed to use our spidey-sense to notice someone on the other side of a wall. I see.

Keeping tabs on the minimap is part of "awareness". Take an RTS game for example. Should they remove the minimap since it lets you see when units are moving near your base just so people can "sneak attack" easier?

The only part of this I support is taking people in stealth off the minimap. Definitely not removing the whole thing though.

Edited by BrownBear, 10 December 2010 - 05:16 PM.

#21 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:25 PM

Oh, so we are supposed to use our spidey-sense to notice someone on the other side of a wall. I see.

Keeping tabs on the minimap is part of "awareness". Take an RTS game for example. Should they remove the minimap since it lets you see when units are moving near your base just so people can "sneak attack" easier?

The only part of this I support is taking people in stealth off the minimap. Definitely not removing the whole thing though.

Im talking bout removing the enemy dots ... not the whole thing .

#22 Gwyn

Gwyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:26 PM

look at it this way
looking at the minimap all the time is not a skill even my cat can spot the red dot moving on the minimap
having no minimap would give us new thrill in this game
you right sneak attacks would be easier but can be countered if the members do their job well
strategizing (<--- is that even a word coz im not sure XD) is the key
but hey if u like it this way THE EASY WAY
childsplay wars ftw all u need is +15 sets and good clanm8 that shouts wolf when he sees something move on the minimap

#23 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

look at it this way
looking at the minimap all the time is not a skill even my cat can spot the red dot moving on the minimap
having no minimap would give us new thrill in this game
you right sneak attacks would be easier but can be countered if the members do their job well
strategizing (<--- is that even a word coz im not sure XD) is the key
but hey if u like it this way THE EASY WAY
childsplay wars ftw all u need is +15 sets and good clanm8 that shouts wolf when he sees something move on the minimap

Looking on the minimap is not hard. Remembering to look at the minimap while fighting people is harder than people give credit for.

People are simply throwing the word strategy around for everything. Not having a radar doesn't increase strategy.

Im talking bout removing the enemy dots ... not the whole thing .

That is also what I meant, my bad.

Edited by BrownBear, 10 December 2010 - 05:36 PM.

#24 Gwyn

Gwyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:44 PM

Looking on the minimap is not hard. Remembering to look at the minimap while fighting people is harder than people give credit for.

People are simply throwing the word strategy around for everything. Not having a radar doesn't increase strategy.

That is also what I meant, my bad.

it does
properly positioning ure scouts (lookouts) ambushes choke points and such would be added
ambush in this game is plain impossible unless the person ure ambushing is a complete noob
terrain mastery would be at play too coz people who knows the terrain more can out maneuver their enemy
on our current system if u got chased down by heros who try to kill u all they need to do is spot the dot

might i ask why ure against the minimap removal?
does this reduce ure warring capability?
does that mean u rely too much on mini map?
and dont compare the game on rts
they got fog of war there
on fps they got gps

#25 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:47 PM

Click their feet. Easy. I never have any difficulty with people in a crystal. No AOE required either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users