#1 Mvffin

Mvffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:26 PM

Healing, A-_-, and super stackers are seriously ruining this potentially fun experience.

There should be no type of healing allowed, whatsoever. Mages are impossible to kill, and anyone with hundreds of dollars blown on eternity pots will last forever. It only takes 1 or 2 of these people to completely dominate an entire team. As a priest/warlock, it usually takes 3-5 people to kill me, but it doesn't matter, because the other team usually has 3 times as many people as mine does. 6+ team members afk from the start, every time I attempt to play battlesquare. It's also the same few people that have 6-10 flags every game, those invincible (expletive deleted) who lag out of everything and spam eternity potions all day.

Solutions:

1. Ban All healing skills and potions from battlesquare.
2. Flags will be randomly distributed between team members.
3. Randomly distribute teams based on class. One side with all mages paladins is basically invincible.
4. Remove any afk players after a few minutes, or deny them any reward for participation.

As it stands, battlesquare is a huge waste of time for anyone who spends less money on eternity potions than they spend on their internet connection.
Until something is done, I refuse to participate in this extremely poorly thought-out system. That, or I'll afk in it every day, just because I can. Hell, everybody else is doing it.

#2 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:...

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:20 AM

Healing, A-_-, and super stackers are seriously ruining this potentially fun experience.

There should be no type of healing allowed, whatsoever. Mages are impossible to kill, and anyone with hundreds of dollars blown on eternity pots will last forever. It only takes 1 or 2 of these people to completely dominate an entire team. As a priest/warlock, it usually takes 3-5 people to kill me, but it doesn't matter, because the other team usually has 3 times as many people as mine does. 6+ team members afk from the start, every time I attempt to play battlesquare. It's also the same few people that have 6-10 flags every game, those invincible (expletive deleted) who lag out of everything and spam eternity potions all day.

Solutions:

1. Ban All healing skills and potions from battlesquare.
2. Flags will be randomly distributed between team members.
3. Randomly distribute teams based on class. One side with all mages paladins is basically invincible.
4. Remove any afk players after a few minutes, or deny them any reward for participation.

As it stands, battlesquare is a huge waste of time for anyone who spends less money on eternity potions than they spend on their internet connection.
Until something is done, I refuse to participate in this extremely poorly thought-out system. That, or I'll afk in it every day, just because I can. Hell, everybody else is doing it.

na what needs to happen is more rooms. Also you do realise there are still people who havn't even gotten in yet? I mean BSQ been out for a while now and I know a lot of people who havn't gotten a chance YET. Healing and the cash pots well thas a part of the game whats to do? AFK thing already has a thread.....

Edited by iceranger, 13 December 2010 - 06:21 AM.

#3 squinty

squinty

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • LocationHQ

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:37 AM

I completely stopped going in BSQ!

To be able to cheat, you just need an Acolyte (a.k.a Priest) and use the electric log. That doesn't allow you to move much and then a paladin can just spam skills to stun you... BOOM! Dead!

Ah well, I only went in it when I could for sign of hero but I got my 70k AP now so no need.

#4 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:39 AM

Randomly disturbing flags is a bad idea
also i don't even use pots in bsq and i only die like maybe 4 times?

Edited by StormHaven, 13 December 2010 - 08:40 AM.

#5 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:57 AM

To be able to cheat, you just need an Acolyte (a.k.a Priest) and use the electric log. That doesn't allow you to move much and then a paladin can just spam skills to stun you... BOOM! Dead!

That's not cheating. It's strategy. Granted, a cheap strategy, perhaps, but you do what it takes to win.

#6 squinty

squinty

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • LocationHQ

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:58 AM

That's not cheating. It's strategy. Granted, a cheap strategy, perhaps, but you do what it takes to win.

True! :)
Ah well, everyone does what they can to win.

#7 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:54 AM

Randomly disturbing flags is a bad idea
also i don't even use pots in bsq and i only die like maybe 4 times?

One stacked person goes down to fight, while the rest stay at the top and get the flags. npnp

#8 Confusion

Confusion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Locationtoo dizzy to remember

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:25 PM

i completly agree with the healing thing! they like roaches! never staying dead and regenerating thier life from a single point. they can just get a flag collector that heals and they'll never be able to get rid of em.

we need ALOT more rooms it insane how fast it fills,if ya don't wanna give more rooms then what about more opportunities a day and everyone can only participate once a day( that should make things more varied and give people a chance to play)

#9 Mvffin

Mvffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:11 PM

Reiterating this because bsq still sucks. If you're not on the "winning" team, there's no reason to try.

One stacked person goes down to fight, while the rest stay at the top and get the flags. npnp

Obviously it wouldn't give flags to the people up top. Ideally, a-_- would be booted as well. But until they start doing that, I'll contribute to bsq by afking if I get on the "wrong" team. (which has been every bsq game so far except one).

#10 Milfy

Milfy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

It's kind of sad how this thread is nearly two years old and nothing has been resolved yet. The same issues are happening and it doesn't look likely that anything will change. The only "change" that I've seen is adding two more BSQ to the day! But only so the problems that were addressed in this thread can continue on. Interestingly enough, I sent in a ticket recently with my concerns about "stacked" players joining up on one side and dominating the entire match without any real competition. It seems like a stupid way to play BSQ. Don't you want a challenge instead of just having a win handed to you? When I sent in a ticket though, I received this response:

August 11, 2012
"Additionally, this is one of the first instances of a report we've received concerning this dynamic factored into Battle Square. While we appreciate your impassioned argument on this matter, we would like to who else feels this way and if they would be willing to contact Support on the matter. With more information from more players such as yourself, we can provide this feedback to the production team who can then provide that data to the developer for further consideration." - Customer Service Representative, Ticket #3AB-17B6E827-125B

Unfortunately, I was informed that nothing would be done on the matter for lack of interest. I realize now that I maybe should have looked here first and add in any additional issues that BSQ may have. Things like healing and spamming health items with no cooldown (as mentioned in this thread previously), being locked into the air with aerial skills that can be cast back-to-back-to-back, no legitimately decent ways to resist stun/sleep/freeze/silence, and the massive amount of players that afk throughout BSQ.

Suggestions :
  • I really hope this will be looked into and suggestions will be honestly heard and worked on. Having BSQ three times a day is great, especially since the match for levels 40-50 is almost always full. Maybe the GM team would consider testing a randomizer for BSQ entry so "stacked" players will not have the option to gang up on everyone else. Lately it seems that people are so desperate to join the winning team they will even wait in queue without ever seeing the match rather than join the opposing team. It's kind of pathetic.
  • As far as locking someone into the air goes, there should either be items/cards to resist this or disallow some skills to be used in combos like this. If two people of the same class do this together correctly they can keep you in the air for what seems like forever. Same goes for stun, sleep, freeze, and silence. There should be resistance cards for these statuses! Or ways to help resist them with your stats/gears other than stacking evade.
  • Healing and spamming heal items seems kind of silly for just BSQ. Maybe the GMs would be willing to disable heal in BSQ and see how that pans out. Or implement a longer cooldown for both of these so they're not able to use them as frequently.
  • Lastly, afking. This seems to be extremely popular in BSQ. People join matches and idle the entire time without actually contributing. Sometimes these matches fill up to 30/30 and people who actually want to participate are denied access because some person who afked is taking up space. I think BSQ should have an idle timer (I've mentioned this in a previous ticket about BSQ). If you are idle for more than 30 seconds, you should be removed from the match.
I'm sure there are other issues and suggestions that haven't been heard yet and I'm hoping people will come forward with their own. Although, I have to admit that after reading this thread and seeing the concerns written here are still going strong nearly two years later, it seems unlikely that things will change for the better. Please keep in mind, I'm only asking for a BSQ that is fair to everyone! I've seen in the Community Dungeon Events that you have the capability to disable certain items or aspects of the game for just these purposes. Please take this into consideration and help make BSQ enjoyable for all!

Edited by Milfy, 19 August 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#11 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

I give up.

#12 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

Suggestions :

• I really hope this will be looked into and suggestions will be honestly heard and worked on. Having BSQ three times a day is great, especially since the match for levels 40-50 is almost always full. Maybe the GM team would consider testing a randomizer for BSQ entry so "stacked" players will not have the option to gang up on everyone else. Lately it seems that people are so desperate to join the winning team they will even wait in queue without ever seeing the match rather than join the opposing team. It's kind of pathetic.
To be honest, there are instances where if the waiters in the queue joined the losing team, it'd have a chance for a comeback victory. Still I don't normally go to Battlesquare for the Signs of Hero anymore due to how cheap they can become, I usually go for the team pvp fun and on level 40-50 instance get some Battlesquare exp potions which give a decent push up in the experience. 3 times a day for BSQ is a great idea as not everyone can come on the standard BSQ time they have.
  • As far as locking someone into the air goes, there should either be items/cards to resist this or disallow some skills to be used in combos like this. If two people of the same class do this together correctly they can keep you in the air for what seems like forever. Same goes for stun, sleep, freeze, and silence. There should be resistance cards for these statuses! Or ways to help resist them with your stats/gears other than stacking evade.
Air locking and Ground locking are common sights in most team pvp. Still it's usually the only way to effectively kill those really stacked players. I am annoyed by it however that's some classes combos and they can't mix it up like other classes so partners just help their combos. Air locks are sometimes escapable if you can jump out during the right time. Still it really needs a sort of AAS-like nerf where the damage is drastically reduced to some cases where normal hp pots could out-heal it. Forcing your opponent to let you escape.
  • Healing and spamming heal items seems kind of silly for just BSQ. Maybe the GMs would be willing to disable heal in BSQ and see how that pans out. Or implement a longer cooldown for both of these so they're not able to use them as frequently.
The normal healing items such as the hp-over time potions aren't too much of a deal and I mostly use them MP wise. As for items that heal instantly with very low or no cooldown like cakes, eternity pots, and health capsules, I completely agree to take those into a sort of ban. It's bad enough seeing how it takes 2/3rds of the team to lock down one opponent but having him escape then heal it back up like it was a paper-cut is just ridiculous. Slow heals and Instant heal abilities for classes (I know mages mostly if not all) is just as bad but no "wasting gold/im to win" karma is there. It pretty much promotes locking with stun or freezes as it prevents them from re-casting the heals.
  • Lastly, afking. This seems to be extremely popular in BSQ. People join matches and idle the entire time without actually contributing. Sometimes these matches fill up to 30/30 and people who actually want to participate are denied access because some person who afked is taking up space. I think BSQ should have an idle timer (I've mentioned this in a previous ticket about BSQ). If you are idle for more than 30 seconds, you should be removed from the match.
AFK'ing is a nuisance. Especially when the afker could actually contribute in some way and turn a match around. Sometimes I find afk'ers in the losing team or winning team. An idle timer is a good idea but you won't get perma-kicked even getting disconnected after the game starts they can re-enter. And although your right it is annoying, 30 seconds before kick is a little short. I wanna suggest make it 45 seconds or 1 minute with constant system warning messages.

Also another nuisance in the more end-game player Battlesquares is characters hoping on mules to allow their teams to have an unfair advantage by letting those in their team's waiting queue get in then logging making the teams severely stacked. An excample: Seeing a match where Red has 4 and Blue has 5 with 2 waiting in queue and none for Red appearing yet well ok 2 join Red and Blue's waiting players will get in. Well player A and player B in team Blue gets on a second computer each and logs alternate character X and Y and has them jump into BattleSquare on Red team. So now Red has 6 and Blue has 7 but then the alternate character logs out and now it's Red 4 vs Blue's 7.

What I'm getting at is players are using alternate characters at the same level to quickly let themselves into the Battlesquare and have the opposing team be outnumbered. It's bad enough to see afk'ers and idiots waiting in the winning teams queue instead of joining and helping, but now alts hopping in and out?

#13 kunta

kunta

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

Yep, I agree on the customer service from WP to be sub par. I too had them say that if i sent another ticket, they would suspend me from spamming and that this was the first instance of anyone complaining about battle-square. I'm glad to reopen an old thread to reiterate what i was trying to explain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users