Set-Piece Class-Fixer for market control and flexibility - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Set-Piece Class-Fixer for market control and flexibility

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ATG4u

ATG4u

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:05 PM

Tag line: The market for set-pieces is hurting. In addition to soul randomizers, I feel that a cash shop item that changes a set-piece to class of the person who uses it (while simultaneously soul-bounding) would be beneficial to Dragon Saga's in-game market.

If you think about it, there are a limited number of reason why excess set-pieces exist in this new version. The only reason a player has to use Gada coins is when that player desires a set-piece. The infrequency of acquiring set pieces from mission maps reduces the efficacy of a 'use gada every time' strategy, since once an entire set has been acquired, it makes little sense to use the somewhat-limited-resource of Gada coins (i.e. getting Gada coins is by-no-means quick) when you might not even get a set-piece, and definitely won't get anything that you might use. So, we, the players, are dealing with a shortness of excess set-pieces in general. Now, don't get me wrong, it is an understandable desire by the developer to limit the number of set-pieces that exist in the game at any one time. I understand that much. Barunson doesn't want set pieces to be easy to acquire. Even given that the Polynesian version has a way larger player base, if the developers want fewer set pieces around, I am no one to contradict them.

It is my principled observation, however, that the market is lacking in involvement due to the reduced number of set-piece items. And, to make matters worse, circumstances are limited even further in the market when trying to find the right set piece (of 6) for the right class (of 4/8) from the right dungeon (of 2). This ends up hurting cash sales on items like Market Scrolls, Special Shop Scrolls, and other cash-shop market-based items, because people don't bother with the market when finding set-pieces. Look, there is a delicate balance between getting your customers to pay for items to search the market and getting your customers to pay for items to search through the dungeons. Gada coins + mission maps --> set pieces doesn't net Gravity or Barunson any profit.

'Soul randomizers' were a great idea and proved beneficial to market flexibility and Gravity's bottom line combined. They sold well. I am proposing an item that changes/fixes a set-piece to the class of the user and soul-bounds simultaneously. This would provide additional market flexibility in the same way as soul randomizers: by broadening the appeal of all classes' set-piece items. Rarer classes can now acquire harder-to-find set-pieces in the market, which encourages class diversity. Also, the power to add/remove this item from the cash shop allows for Gravity to maintain a direct control over a large percentage total market trading (the set-equipment market). And, level limits on this type of item (e.g. only works on set-pieces from 1-40) means Gravity can control specific level-delimited sectors of the market. As the player base grows (which will hopefully occur with future marketing, etc.) Gravity can simply remove the item as more set-pieces become available. You gain direct control the market without 'breaking the game' while making a hefty profit in the interim. Would also make a great seasonal item. People love seasonal items.

Now, I'd also love to be able to spend Gada coins on an item like this at those vending machines all around the world (because it just makes sense that Gada would be used to gain set pieces, one way or another)... but ... it makes more sense for Gravity to make money with an item like this as well. I don't know. I'm just a economist who enjoys this game. And I think an item like this would help a lot without hurting. What do you think, forum?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users