28 replies to this topic

#1 tunafish

tunafish

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Locationunder the sea

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:56 PM

I wrote this PM to help a fellow player, but figured I might as well share it with you all.
Sometimes reinstalling will also fix an issue.
Note: No credit goes to me, just the playerbase of these forums who put their two cents into all the issues, and tried their best to help others!

Boxes
The boxes that appear are a known bug, and can be fixed by deleting a file called patcher.exe, and renaming patcher2.exe to patcher.exe.
These files can be found in the default folder:
C:\Program Files\Gravity\Dragon Saga
But just to be safe, simply move patcher.exe to a different folder, as a back-up for any mistakes.

RunTime Issue
As for the runtime, there are three options that I believe are best to take.

• Run dragonica.exe if you really want to play, but you may experience random crashes when viewing other players' equipments, or without any reason/warning. Also, this option won't allow the purchase of MyHome or enable quests for the Wedding & Xmas Event. This method though will ensure your playtime. (There are few of those who have used this method, resulting in failure. If that happens, you may need to reinstall.)
    This file can be found in "C:\Program Files\Gravity\Dragon Saga\Release" by default.
    Or you can simply Run the executable via Task Manager or whatever.

or
  • Source: http://forum.iahgame...ead.php?t=55416

The instructions have a few needless steps but basically you need 1 computer that succeeded patch.

You need to delete the contents of the dragon saga folder in the computer that has the runtime error

Then you copy whole folder from computer that is working to replace the folder in the one that is not working.

Then run the game from gateway.

For those who don't have a computer it worked on hopefully someone it worked for can upload a rar of it to mega or something for those who cant get on

or
  • Go here Fully Patched Dragon Saga Folder & download the .torrent he supplied, or by parts.

Basically, once you download the torrent, use a torrent manager like uTorrent or BitTorrent.
    it opens the .torrent like a shortcut to the files stored on other people's networks.
    then it downloads bits & pieces from everyone who is under the same torrent.
    when it finishes, you can then unrar/zip the file, following the instructions below.

Google winRAR to download their extraction program.
    (winrar is just like winzip, but for unzipping a different format other than .zip)
    UnRAR the contents into C:\Program Files\Gravity\ (C:\ is the default drive for most computers)
    It should ask if you want to replace your current folder with the unrar'd folder.
    Hit Yes to All or whatever, to replace everything you have with the new one.

or
  • *Just Added*
    From CM Sakana:

The patch has been updated, this fix should work now:

1. Delete the patch.id file located in /Gravity/Dragon Saga folder
    2. Run the patcher again through Gateway, this will repatch the game with no issues.

(Note: I've been told by at least three people that this method did not work. I still recommend method #3)

Did not Fully Patch?
If for whatever reason you were unable to patch (unrelated to Runtime issue), may it be to a bad connection or accidental closure of the patcher,
I suggest going here and following the directions provided there.

Can't Open Market! QQ
Lanili has been kind enough to upload the files that'll fix the old patcher screen & the market glitch!

I don't know how much this will help but it at leasts fixed some things for me.

Extract this to your Dragon Saga folder.
Program Files>Gravity>Dragon Saga>Extract there and replace all the files

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QTXWV144

(WARNING: May not work for all users. Did not work for me.)
As always, create a back-up of all the files in the Dragon Saga folder.

THQ Account is not Lost!
Also, for your account that you had on Dragonica, it's not gone forever.
If you still remember the old account information (more importantly, the email), you can "link" that account to a newly created account.
In other words, log into your WarpPortal account at warpportal.com. Once you login, the window should show two options,
Add new game account or Add existing game account.
From this point, you would add existing game account, providing the game title, and your old account information to that game.

Game Title: Dragon Saga
Game account, password, email = your Dragonica information.

If you do not remember the info, send a ticket to support via WarpPortal.

And you're set to play on your old character again!

P.S. I am not part of the support team or anything. Just trying to help out fellow players!

Credits to the original posters who helped the masses fix their issues!
Remember to click the + next to the number at the bottom righthand corner of their posts!

IAH Solution to runtime error

http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/21725-iah-solution-to-runtime-error/

Fully Patched Dragon Saga Folder Downloads

http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/21784-fully-patched-dragon-saga-folder-downloads/

Solution for Patching Problems

http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/21670-solution-for-patching-problems/

~~~
And to everybody else who wrote about these bugs/glitches!

Edited by tunafish, 18 December 2010 - 10:58 AM.

#2 Lanili

Lanili

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:15 PM

Thanks, tunafish for these technical solutions compilation thread. I hope this helps a lot of people with their problems. =D

#3 polarb3ar

polarb3ar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:43 PM

WOW they should pay you tuna

#4 ATG4u

ATG4u

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:50 PM

"I'm Tunafish, I like helping people". Pfft, whatever.
(+1)

#5 tunafish

tunafish

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Locationunder the sea

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:05 PM

"I'm Tunafish, I like helping people". Pfft, whatever.
(+1)

what do you mean?

#6 DarkZerG

DarkZerG

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:35 AM

umm.... i dont get it to much thingsss to dooo D: T_T...... what go where and how? >.<

#7 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:59 AM

umm.... i dont get it to much thingsss to dooo D: T_T...... what go where and how? >.<

Warp portal/gravity have fixed the runtime bug all you have to do is:

go to your install folder C:\Program Files\Gravity\Dragon Saga\ by default and delete the file: patcher.id

then start the gateway program and run dragon saga as you normally would the patcher will then download the fixed patch and you will be able to play.

#8 DarkZerG

DarkZerG

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:24 AM

go to your install folder C:\Program Files\Gravity\Dragon Saga\ by default and delete the file: patcher.id

then start the gateway program and run dragon saga as you normally would the patcher will then download the fixed patch and you will be able to play.

umm it not fix, i tryed that and its say check list then the same thign poped up.... C++ runign time

#9 elsejo

elsejo

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:01 AM

Thanks you so much for multiple solutions!
I was afraid at not playing this awesome game.

#10 Triden

Triden

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:37 AM

T_T none of this is working! I've tried the torrent, arranging around names of files, deleteing to! I need a new computer...

Edit:Well seems I got it working, off for me to become a trickster!

Edited by Triden, 18 December 2010 - 09:52 AM.

#11 Lloyd630

Lloyd630

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:08 AM

Erm so once i download the torent what do i do...?

#12 tunafish

tunafish

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Locationunder the sea

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:50 AM

umm it not fix, i tryed that and its say check list then the same thign poped up.... C++ runign time

Try step #3 under the RunTime Issue section I've posted, then let me know how things go!

Erm so once i download the torent what do i do...?

Basically, once you download the torrent, use a torrent manager like uTorrent or BitTorrent.
it opens the .torrent like a shortcut to the files stored on other people's networks.
then it downloads bits & pieces from everyone who is under the same torrent.
when it finishes, you can then unrar/zip the file, following the instructions below.

Google winRAR to download their extraction program.
(winrar is just like winzip, but for unzipping a different format other than .zip)
UnRAR the contents into C:\Program Files\Gravity\ (C:\ is the default drive for most computers)
It should ask if you want to replace your current folder with the unrar'd folder.
Hit Yes to All or whatever, to replace everything you have with the new one.

#13 tunafish

tunafish

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Locationunder the sea

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:56 AM

I'm hearing from a lot of people that it isn't fixed yet, despite the fact they released a rebuilt patch.
I read what CM Kamuro & Sakana wrote, but it's odd that some people are yet still getting the RunTime error.

So far the best option has been #3 under the RunTime section I've posted.
Please remember to +1 his original post! (sorry this part isnt directed towards you! for everyone*)

Edited by tunafish, 18 December 2010 - 11:00 AM.

#14 Triden

Triden

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:01 AM

My runtime is normal, well for a slow computer anyway. So it's patching, slowly, but it's patching again. I'm on 79.2% waiting for it to finish, it's barely gone up since then but I think they did release the rebuild version. Like I said and a few other people, probably it's there PC's firewall setting, probably.

#15 MegaThor

MegaThor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:38 PM

Thanks!! You save my game!!!

#16 Kiwimutt

Kiwimutt

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:26 PM

uum... is there a solution to the never ending white screen thing?

#17 eshman

eshman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationoN uR iNtErWeBs
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Steam O.o

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:47 AM

First, thanks tunafish for all of your effort!

Now we have a new version with new problems though... URGH! I had a workaround that someone uploaded through the forums, but now with the new patch of course I get the 'wrong version' error message. So, I deleted my workaround and downloaded the new install package. But, guess what, it won't install now! I've really spent a lot of time on this game and I hate to let it go without a fight, but I'm so sick of this crap!

Are there any other workarounds that you know of or have found that apply to the new version? I've searched through the forums and so far I haven't found much of anything...

#18 Mudmuffins

Mudmuffins

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:40 PM

I don't have patcher2.exe What do I do?

Or just tell me how to reinstall.
I'm not the smartest when it comes to this type of stuff.

#19 xKosukex

xKosukex

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:40 PM

Umm I'm having am issue that can't start the game. It's my first time downloading it so this is what happened. I downloaded/installed game, went to Gateway to find that double clicking Dragon Saga will make me download the DragonSagaInstaller-0.1.19-20101221-1519.msi again, now how do I get the game to work. I tried renaming patcher2.exe to patcher.exe but I can't find the patcher2.exe in C:\Program Files\Gravity\Dragon Saga

Help here please : http://forums.warppo...e-from-gateway/

#20 tunafish

tunafish

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Locationunder the sea

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:30 PM

First, thanks tunafish for all of your effort!

Now we have a new version with new problems though... URGH! I had a workaround that someone uploaded through the forums, but now with the new patch of course I get the 'wrong version' error message. So, I deleted my workaround and downloaded the new install package. But, guess what, it won't install now! I've really spent a lot of time on this game and I hate to let it go without a fight, but I'm so sick of this crap!

Are there any other workarounds that you know of or have found that apply to the new version? I've searched through the forums and so far I haven't found much of anything...

I don't have patcher2.exe What do I do?

Or just tell me how to reinstall.
I'm not the smartest when it comes to this type of stuff.

Umm I'm having am issue that can't start the game. It's my first time downloading it so this is what happened. I downloaded/installed game, went to Gateway to find that double clicking Dragon Saga will make me download the DragonSagaInstaller-0.1.19-20101221-1519.msi again, now how do I get the game to work. I tried renaming patcher2.exe to patcher.exe but I can't find the patcher2.exe in C:\Program Files\Gravity\Dragon Saga

Help here please : http://forums.warppo...e-from-gateway/

For those of you still having trouble/problems with your patcher, please send me a PM so I can access your problem more accurately.

I'll make sure to put in a solution once I've gathered all the information.

Edited by tunafish, 23 December 2010 - 03:30 PM.

#21 TIVILUSON

TIVILUSON

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:14 PM

What doest it mean "running the patch through gate way"
Runtime error #4
In addition, what will I have to do when I've downloaded 10 parts in #3 ? Unrar all 10 parts into the game folder?

#22 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:47 PM

Hello,

first of all: Welcome to our community.

This is a quite old topic, over 4 years old now, and some of these things are surely not up-to-date anylonger.

First, the best you can do is to download the installer from the "Download" section on the Dragon Saga Page (www.playdragonsaga.com).

But this may only work correctly if your windows is english.

If your windows is in another language than english I would recommend to use the installer that can be found here:

http://forums.warppo...nglish-systems/

It would be the first download in the first post.

If you prefer to use an (almost) fully patched version of the game, you will find a download here:

http://1drv.ms/162iqYj

These files are hosted on microsoft oneDrive. You have to download all of them into a folder and then decompress the first by using WinRAR or 7-zip.

You can extract them into a folder of your choice. After extracting you can start the game by running the "patcher.exe" and let it download some very small patches.

This method has only one disadvantage: there are no startmenu or desktop shortcuts created. That has then to be done by yourself.

I hope I could help you and see you in-game.

-Popcorn

Edited by VModPopcorn, 03 February 2015 - 12:10 AM.

#23 TIVILUSON

TIVILUSON

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:30 PM

My computer is not in English
And, so unluckily, I am downloading the 10th parts of your #3 way to solve the Runtime error
I hate it
IvI've been downloading the game for 6 times! The first 2 times were the Pink Screen Error! The others were all C++ Runtime Error!
I'll try to finish downloading the 10 parts as you told 4 years ago, I think it may not work :( !
Afterwards, I will try your new ways above. But will it solve the Runtime problem?I've met it 4 times, I don't want more!
Thanks anyway!

#24 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:26 PM

As I said, it's outdated. Don't download the 10 parts you're downloading.

Use this:

If you prefer to use an (almost) fully patched version of the game, you will find a download here:

http://1drv.ms/162iqYj

These files are hosted on microsoft oneDrive. You have to download all of them into a folder and then decompress the first by using WinRAR or 7-zip.

You can extract them into a folder of your choice. After extracting you can start the game by running the "patcher.exe" and let it download some very small patches.

This method has only one disadvantage: there are no startmenu or desktop shortcuts created. That has then to be done by yourself.

#25 TIVILUSON

TIVILUSON

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:00 AM

Thank you!
I have downloaded it!
However, there is still a problem!
It's so laggy!
When I use a skill, it works 1 sencond later. And the monster's blood is also damaged 1 sencond later. Sometimes they aren't affected!
This one - sencond delay makes me crazy!
It took me 5 minutes to kill the first boss of the game (the wolf)
Can you give me an advice on that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users