THE FAMOUS EXP ISSUE ! - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

THE FAMOUS EXP ISSUE !

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 shadowkun

shadowkun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:29 AM

Hi first of all,

I dunt know if GM's or Cm's are aware but EXP rates have drastically decreased since the last exp event. If GM's are aware of this, i would kindly request them to respond to this matter and inform us more about it. Now why am I concerned about it? A monster who used to give 5000 exp when killed now gives around 3000 only. Not all of us have time to spend on dragonica only and this extends our time playing DS greatly.

For this reason, several players hav quit DS (3 of my friends did :sob:). The Dragon Saga population is already low as is and will continue to decrease further if this issue is not resolved. Leveling is harder than ever!

And i would also like to point that DSS hunt has become harder for higher leveled players ( from 60 and onwards)Hidden map scrolls drop with great difficulty for high level players. I would like to hear it from a GM (Forum ppl also) to confirm whether Crystal lake hidden scroll and secret basement scrolls drop? If no then can u tell when (if they will) the scrolls will be introduced?

These are questions that most of us are being kept in the dark. I sincerely apologize if anything sounds harsh but its high time for these questions to be answered. I hope GMs or CMs will give us more information about these 2 issues.

Feel free to comment.
Thank you ;D

#2 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:13 AM

I don't understand this whole EXP issue. At around levels 30-40 I've been getting 30% exp per f6 run.

At higher levels (~50) F6 still gives a ton of exp.

Am I missing something here?

#3 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:31 AM

I don't understand this whole EXP issue. At around levels 30-40 I've been getting 30% exp per f6 run.

Well you either didn't play for a long while or stack 30/40% EXP Pots, for not noticing the EXP drop. I used to get 4k-5k from normal mobs in Frigid Canyon, suddenly, I started to get 2-3k from it, and just a note: WITH RESTING EXP. Meaning, without it Id get 1-2k THE MOST. So If you didnt notice any differece, try hard.

In VC, guild members and friends are complaining they used to get 10-11k per mob with the normal EXP, and 15-16k in the EXP Event, now they get 7-8k with the CURRENT exp, and 10-11k WITH resting EXP.

Now tell me, if you think its normal? Its even taking days to level my alts from 30~40, when I'm sure it wasn't like that, and its not me or the OP that are complaining about that issue, you can find dozen of people complaining too.

#4 frawst

frawst

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:33 AM

yea right i have a lvl 47 pally that gets like 3-4% exp at pine cone hills f6... come on 3-4%?

#5 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:57 AM

yea right i have a lvl 47 pally that gets like 3-4% exp at pine cone hills f6... come on 3-4%?

they want Dragon Saga to be your life.

#6 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:42 AM

Well you either didn't play for a long while or stack 30/40% EXP Pots, for not noticing the EXP drop. I used to get 4k-5k from normal mobs in Frigid Canyon, suddenly, I started to get 2-3k from it, and just a note: WITH RESTING EXP. Meaning, without it Id get 1-2k THE MOST. So If you didnt notice any differece, try hard.

In VC, guild members and friends are complaining they used to get 10-11k per mob with the normal EXP, and 15-16k in the EXP Event, now they get 7-8k with the CURRENT exp, and 10-11k WITH resting EXP.

Now tell me, if you think its normal? Its even taking days to level my alts from 30~40, when I'm sure it wasn't like that, and its not me or the OP that are complaining about that issue, you can find dozen of people complaining too.

I've been playing since THQ days. I started a new Magician on Sunday, and as of last night I am lvl 35.
After Thanksgiving, I brought my warmage from 46-50 in a few hours. I only used three 30% exp pots that lasted 10 minutes each. I don't recall how much exp per mob I was getting but I believe it was around 10-15K.

Edited by Miname, 22 December 2010 - 08:44 AM.

#7 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:43 AM

You're doing it wrong. You should have a full party at Forgotten Village F6 by now. Pine cone is too low to get reasonable exp at your level.

Edited by Miname, 22 December 2010 - 08:43 AM.

#8 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:04 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Just tested right now. Resting bonus, no 5% channel bonus.

#9 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationInfinity and Beyond
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:26 AM

I went to gpotato and compared the exp to this place. Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. The key is to combo to get the most of the exp in MMs, and 4 people parties.

#10 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:11 AM

IT'S A CONSPIRACY MAN GRAVITY DOESN'T WANT US TO CAP FOR AWHILE MAN

#11 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:13 AM

IT'S A CONSPIRACY MAN GRAVITY DOESN'T WANT US TO CAP FOR AWHILE MAN

WTB TINFOIL HATS

#12 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:16 AM

WTB TINFOIL HATS

Rabble Rabble Rabble

#13 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:02 PM

I'm with Miname. I've also been here since THQ and I've been leveling a new character just fine as well as doing just as well on my 62 Dragoon. Also, if Taomang says that it's the same as Gpotato's, all the more reason to leave it as is. We're not any more special than them.

Also, yes, Crystal Lake still drops, albeit very rarely. Hidden Basement has long been removed from the game and I don't see why you guys won't get over it.

Edited by Kazu731, 22 December 2010 - 12:03 PM.

#14 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:03 PM

I'm with Miname. I've also been here since THQ and I've been leveling a new character just fine. Also, if Taomang says that it's the same as Gpotato's, all the more reason to leave it as is. We're not any more special than them.

Also, yes, Crystal Lake still drops, albeit very rarely. Hidden Basement has long been removed from the game and I don't see why you guys won't get over it.

I AGREE WITH KASU RABBEL RABBEL RABBEL

#15 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:09 PM

I AGREE WITH KASU RABBEL RABBEL RABBEL

I AGREE WITH RABBEL RABBEL RABBEL

#16 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:20 PM

I AGREE WITH RABBEL RABBEL RABBEL

THE BRITISH ARE COMING! THE BRITISH ARE COMING!

#17 kAndyREW

kAndyREW

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:28 PM

i think one of the mods responded and said they dont see anything wrong with the exp rates... its in one of the pinned threads.. somewhere in there

#18 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:36 PM

I was the one that responded stating that we are not sure if there is a global issue or a limited scope issue with the EXP rates. Its possible that something is wrong with specific monsters, but in a global sense the rates are accurate for what they should be.

Around Thanksgiving there was an EXP event that started after the maintenance, something happened and that EXP rate which would have been a 50% increase turned into a 125% increase. It was up for about 4 hours I am told before our staff noticed it and changed it to be an actually 50% bonus. Since that time period we have seen these type of threads popup and thought I agree the only other response came from Hastur saying we were looking into it and what we failed to do was address it with specific questions at that time and each time since.

So here we are, the issue some believe that the EXP rates are way to low. The rates are the same for each other service and we are no different in this aspect, but that doesn't mean we don't have a bug with specific monsters or a specific area. What would help us would be just like this posted started off with, examples of what EXP you were getting (before Thanksgiving if possible) and since the Thanksgiving Event has ended. Did those EXP rates change? Giving us specific examples we can compare/test against helps us and we should have made that clear from the start.

#19 F4llcL

F4llcL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:04 PM

they want Dragon Saga to be your life.

u are so right :sob:

#20 Modz

Modz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:41 PM

Frigid Canyon & Arka Map, Generally ALL monsters in DragonSaga has decreased in giving exp. I've been playing everyday 6-10 hours mostly. BEFORE thnx giving event exp by lvl 47 in pine, i was getting 4-5k exp, 55+ 5-8k in arka thats normal exp no resting exp bonus. DURING the thnx giving event exp was outrageous in pine i was getting 12-15k then lowered it to 6-8k due to some issues. NOW AFTER THE TNX giving EVENT. lvl 47 2k+ and arka maps 3-5k. so yeah normal exp went down and my some of my friends quit. goodluck

#21 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

Posted Image

Killed dwarves (3000 exp) and Yetis (7000 exp) in Frigid Canyon right outside of Ellora camp.

Edited by Taomang, 22 December 2010 - 03:06 PM.

#22 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:10 PM

Just tested right now. Resting bonus, no 5% channel bonus.

Well, realize that,without Resting EXP Bonus (which is +50% EXP) is the Normal EXP, you guys are mistaking things.

You go Offline in Port of Winds while going to bed, like everybody does, and then, while getting the 50% Bonus EXP from Resting EXP, claim that the EXP is normal.

What we are talking about here is the NORMAL EXP, no Resting Bonus, no 5% EXP channel, just the plain EXP, and seems like the mobs in Frigid Canyon, being in your level range, gives about 2-3k EXP, when before Thanksgiving Event, around this same level, I was getting 4-5k EXP or more.

Damn it, if the EXP was right I wouldn't be wasting my precious time to post here, but since something IS wrong, its not only me, or the OP complaining about it, but alot other of players!!

What you think it is? A conspiracy? Like its totally easy to make up that "EXP is reduced" and drag alot of HONEST to lie with you, and make everybody think the EXP is bugged. BUT IT IS! Its bothering me, I didn't level up for days because I just cannot stand this horrible EXP rate that is now, I can't stand having to kill 3 mobs to get 0.1% EXP, when I used to kill only 1 to get 0.1% EXP.
So think about it, MANY people are complaining, with exception of a few ones that didn't really notice it, and how some people even QUIT the game, and I can notice my friendlist activity dropping, so tell me how this can be a lie?

Or its only Frigid Canyon, Arka F6 and Van Cliff's Mansion (that used to give 9-10k with normal exp, but is giving this same value with Resting EXP). Or the whole game is doomed with this, and people just don't want to admit it!

And to finish, I'll once again tell you all what happened to me to reach this conclusion. I regreat 'til death to NOT TAKE A SCREENSHOT OF THAT, but just read carefully.

On the Monday, Final day of the Thanksgiving Bonus EXP Event, which started at Thursday, I was gridning with a Full Party in Arka F6, my final EXP gain after every Full F6 run (10 rounds) was of around 6-7%. The Event was due to end at 9am, Server Time, and I was inside F6 by 8.58am.

I would get around 8k EXP per monster inside F6, while the Event was running. When they announced the end of the event, and the extension of a "40% Item Mall Bonus" until 8pm or something, I realized that the EXP decreased, from 8k to around 4-5k. Alright, Correct, that would be the normal EXP for a whole party inside F6. Realize I wasn't using any EXP POTION nor had RESTING EXP, it was the Plain Game EXP.

2 minutes later, all the party members realized ANOTHER decrease in the EXP gain. We noticed our EXP decreasing from 4-5k to 2-3k! I swear to god it did, and i'm not here to lie. And on the last Defense Order scroll we had, we confirmed the EXP was still at 2-3k, without Resting EXP, and without Potions. The party members complained, and at the end of the Whole F6 Run (10 rounds) the EXP gain was of 1.50%!!!!!!! We realized it was WORTHLESS to run F6 like that, and the fact was confirmed by the friends in my list. Guild members, in the day after, also started to comment over the EXP decrease, and since then, this issue is bothering me, and alot of other players you see, posting about EXP rates.

Now, Idk what happened to these people that are claiming there are no chances, are you either chosen ones, or not remembering the EXP gain that it was before Thanksgiving, because I did. I wish I could only remember the names of the party members that were with me in that day, so they can confirm the fact with me.

Edited by Devikn, 22 December 2010 - 03:24 PM.

#23 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:20 PM

Around Thanksgiving there was an EXP event that started after the maintenance, something happened and that EXP rate which would have been a 50% increase turned into a 125% increase. It was up for about 4 hours I am told before our staff noticed it and changed it to be an actually 50% bonus. Since that time period we have seen these type of threads popup and thought I agree the only other response came from Hastur saying we were looking into it and what we failed to do was address it with specific questions at that time and each time since.

Do you guys have any program that shows the current EXP in the servers?

Example: Normal EXP would say 100%, then whenever there is an event of a 50% EXP increase, it would show 150%.

Because, if everything was done manually, there might be a possibility of, like the 125% increase mistake happened, a 25% or 50% decrease might have happened accidently too. Maybe when it was the time to bring EXP back to normal, the EXP was decreased from 50% twice, and it lead to a decrease in EXP.

Or maybe, Everybody is right, some areas are bugged, and the EXP gain is lower than in other areas, some monsters might be bugged as well.

I, myself will go to IAH Games and post a screenshot of the exp difference, comparing both publishers' EXP.

But, again, Id believe something is wrong with EXP, and has to be done about it.

#24 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:31 PM

Well, realize that,without Resting EXP Bonus (which is +50% EXP) is the Normal EXP, you guys are mistaking things.

You go Offline in Port of Winds while going to bed, like everybody does, and then, while getting the 50% Bonus EXP from Resting EXP, claim that the EXP is normal.

What we are talking about here is the NORMAL EXP, no Resting Bonus, no 5% EXP channel, just the plain EXP, and seems like the mobs in Frigid Canyon, being in your level range, gives about 2-3k EXP, when before Thanksgiving Event, around this same level, I was getting 4-5k EXP or more.

Damn it, if the EXP was right I wouldn't be wasting my precious time to post here, but since something IS wrong, its not only me, or the OP complaining about it, but alot other of players!!

What you think it is? A conspiracy? Like its totally easy to make up that "EXP is reduced" and drag alot of HONEST to lie with you, and make everybody think the EXP is bugged. BUT IT IS! Its bothering me, I didn't level up for days because I just cannot stand this horrible EXP rate that is now, I can't stand having to kill 3 mobs to get 0.1% EXP, when I used to kill only 1 to get 0.1% EXP.
So think about it, MANY people are complaining, with exception of a few ones that didn't really notice it.

Or its only Frigid Canyon, Arka F6 and Van Cliff's Mansion (that used to give 9-10k with normal exp, but is giving this same value with Resting EXP). Or the whole game is doomed with this, and people just don't want to admit it!

And to finish, I'll once again tell you all what happened to me to reach this conclusion. I regreat 'til death to NOT TAKE A SCREENSHOT OF THAT, but just read carefully.

On the Monday, Final day of the Thanksgiving Bonus EXP Event, which started at Thursday, I was gridning with a Full Party in Arka F6, my final EXP gain after every Full F6 run (10 rounds) was of around 6-7%. The Event was due to end at 9am, Server Time, and I was inside F6 by 8.58am.

I would get around 8k EXP per monster inside F6, while the Event was running. When they announced the end of the event, and the extension of a "40% Item Mall Bonus" until 8pm or something, I realized that the EXP decreased, from 8k to around 4-5k. Alright, Correct, that would be the normal EXP for a whole party inside F6. Realize I wasn't using any EXP POTION nor had RESTING EXP, it was the Plain Game EXP.

2 minutes later, all the party members realized ANOTHER decrease in the EXP gain. We noticed our EXP decreasing from 4-5k to 2-3k! I swear to god it did, and i'm not here to lie. And on the last Defense Order scroll we had, we confirmed the EXP was still at 2-3k, without Resting EXP, and without Potions. The party members complained, and at the end of the Whole F6 Run (10 rounds) the EXP gain was of 1.50%!!!!!!! We realized it was WORTHLESS to run F6 like that, and the fact was confirmed by the friends in my list. Guild members, in the day after, also started to comment over the EXP decrease, and since then, this issue is bothering me, and alot of other players you see, posting about EXP rates.

Now, Idk what happened to these people that are claiming there are no chances, are you either chosen ones, or not remembering the EXP gain that it was before Thanksgiving, because I did. I wish I could only remember the names of the party members that were with me in that day, so they can confirm the fact with me.

I understand what youre saying, but the problem is that every other version has the same exp gain as we do now, after the decrease. With that in mind, we have to face the fact that these ARE our "new rates" and we can either continue playing or not. Apparently a lot of people chose to leave, but low exp rates (which were present ever since dragonica launched), were only partially the reason of why people quit.
If there is someone who can prove this wrong and see if IAH maybe gets more exp, then we would have some proof. I tested the exp in Van Cliff on 60+, and now the 50+ area, on gpotato and compared it to ours and it is the same. As Calanor said above, maybe there are problems with certain mobs, but i don't think anyone will bother to research that deep and test every monster out there.

I personally think that there should be like 40-50% permanent exp increased to bring this game closer to being casual as it advertises itself, but i don't think Barunson would accept that as i haven't heard people outside of our version complain about the exp rates to cause enough commotion and send tickets for the developer to take action.
To me it's amazing that gPotato messed up a lot of times, cash there is crazy expensive, exp rates same as here (although they have better exp pots), but their servers are always filled nicely, and they always have a income of new players. The only answer i could think of is the huge difference in the communities. Our community is rather loud and impulsive and consisted of a lot more casual gamers than other versions.

ITS A JERSEY THING.

#25 MichyLee

MichyLee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:Vvyvern (Past Dekard)

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

When I train at Ahtoo, I get 2% per F4. Posted Image
And I'm only level 35.