bakumansuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

I want to ask about RG weapon,
If Im using spear which spear are the best?
i maybe can afford imperial spear but still waiting to buy one
but I cant afford the guard,
is it good if i use different guard like valk shield or immune shield?

Currently im using a hunting spear so I wonder if tournament shield is a good set or i should get diferent shield instead?
Thanks in advanced.

#53 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:58 AM

If you are on a budget I would probably suggest using an imperial for everything (glorious spear for demihuman / PVP / WoE of course). Best all around vanishing point damage, best/nearly best overbrand damage, good general purpose weapon even without an imperial guard. Hunting spear might be slightly stronger for overbrand due to being a level 4 weapon but Imperial will be pretty damn close.

I would also recommend keeping a Rosa Shield with you to get the Shield Spell 1 boost (+130 ATK from the 130 DEF) and then switching to another shield after you get the ATK boost.

Tournament Shield / set is probably not worth the cost, unless you got the money to spare.

Also, just as a side note, this thread is kind of old and some of the information may be pre balance patch only. Some of the information is still relevant though, as well as the overall ideas.

#54 themarkgician

themarkgician

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

I want to ask about RG weapon,
If Im using spear which spear are the best?
i maybe can afford imperial spear but still waiting to buy one
but I cant afford the guard,
is it good if i use different guard like valk shield or immune shield?

Currently im using a hunting spear so I wonder if tournament shield is a good set or i should get diferent shield instead?
Thanks in advanced.

Glorious Spear is still hands down the best spear there is, just overup it to +9, then you're gonna see some real damage improvement with your skills.

As for the shield, Herald of God with a Thara Frog Card is still the best shield, Immuned shield doesn't cut it out much. HOG can give you all you need for the Shield Spell skills.

#55 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

As for the shield, Herald of God with a Thara Frog Card is still the best shield, Immuned shield doesn't cut it out much. HOG can give you all you need for the Shield Spell skills.

Never heard of herald of god shield. Are you sure it exists in iRO?

#56 Smolderbil

Smolderbil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

Herald of God = Sacred Mission

#57 Vonita

Vonita

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:57 AM

Guys, can you help me what equips should i need for my OB build RG. I already save up 200m for my RG and still I cant decide which equips should i buy. PLease help me guys thanks in advance :D

#58 SaintMichael

SaintMichael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

So just making sure the best self sufficient RG for pvp is 90 str, 100 dex, 100 vit, 100 agi, 40 int, and 63 luck for build. Main offensive skills include PPA, VP, and shield press. If so I only have two questions 1. shouldn't you keep overbrand to get max exp once u use inspiration so many times? and 2. What is the best head gear for an RG now Cat Ear Beret or Large Majestic Goat?

#59 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

So just making sure the best self sufficient RG for pvp is 90 str, 100 dex, 100 vit, 100 agi, 40 int, and 63 luck for build. Main offensive skills include PPA, VP, and shield press. If so I only have two questions 1. shouldn't you keep overbrand to get max exp once u use inspiration so many times? and 2. What is the best head gear for an RG now Cat Ear Beret or Large Majestic Goat?

There is no "best" self sufficient RG for pvp (and 100 VIT? best? /swt), it only applies to that "player's skill of whatever build he has", and for your questions: 1. There is no PVP RG that dont have Overbrand 5 w/Inspi or w/o, 2. This is iRO and Cat Ear Beret is better than GMG (varies if youre playing another official server or a private server).

#60 SaintMichael

SaintMichael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

There is no "best" self sufficient RG for pvp (and 100 VIT? best? /swt), it only applies to that "player's skill of whatever build he has", and for your questions: 1. There is no PVP RG that dont have Overbrand 5 w/Inspi or w/o, 2. This is iRO and Cat Ear Beret is better than GMG (varies if youre playing another official server or a private server).

Yeah I think you may be thinking of woe a group effort oppose to free for all matches. In either case the players "skill" is just one factor, gear, and build also effect the overall outcome. I'm not quite sure why ur so focused on the 100 vit part, its suppose to negate stun so... unless thats changed id like to know. Also Ive already answered this question myself there are two builds that can be made for individual effort and two builds made for woe that are the best, regardless of "skill" level. So by CEB being better than GMG do you mean a +12 CEB is better than GMG or CEB regardless of refine rate is overall better?

#61 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Yeah I think you may be thinking of woe a group effort oppose to free for all matches. In either case the players "skill" is just one factor, gear, and build also effect the overall outcome. I'm not quite sure why ur so focused on the 100 vit part, its suppose to negate stun so... unless thats changed id like to know. Also Ive already answered this question myself there are two builds that can be made for individual effort and two builds made for woe that are the best, regardless of "skill" level. So by CEB being better than GMG do you mean a +12 CEB is better than GMG or CEB regardless of refine rate is overall better?

95 base VIT + 5 VIT from Job 50 bonus > 100 is already STUN PROOF

+12 CEB gives like 16% dmg/resistance vs demis

If you ask about WOE, 3 main things as RG: You go offense mode with PPA/VA/OB, you go defensive mode with Reflect Damage/Defending Aura/Guard, you go support mode with Sacrifice/Devotion/toggle Battle Chant on-off/Moonslasher > these are the most basic WOE main skills and what I meant "player skill" variates these plays in different situations, and versatility of RG isnt limited just to these. The rest, I am pretty sure you will figure that all by yourself.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 13 December 2012 - 11:20 PM.

#62 jerxxx03

jerxxx03

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

I started playing in iRO without anything.
I think the best way to achieve 99 is via AGI build. Less time to sit and restore sp and hp, just grond all the way. This is my economical way to 99 my sader.

This leveling works for me very well:

Swordsman:
- Rocker
- Spore / Snake / Wormtail
- Plankton / Hydra / Marina / Kukre / Vadon
- Obeaune / Cornutus

During this time all my stat is distributed to Agi and dex (dex enough to hit the enemy, just add if you frequently miss)

Crusader:
- Sohee
- Wooden Goblin / Les
- Magmaring or Kobold

My Agi is until 90, dex 50-60, and rest is str / vit.
The damage and flee is ok for me. My items are from Paradise Quest and had save for VVS wind lance and Hell Fire.

Same repeated place to level for Paladin. Same stat, then after Wood Goblin / Les, i go direct to Arclouze, it gives high job exp thats why i ended up job 70 right away.. I use rapid smitting once a while when getting mob

Royal Guard, i still stay at Arclouze for job level then go to Rachel Sanc for Vanberk / Islla.. When i got OB maxed out i transfer to Magma Dungeon with Mobbing and OB until 130 and then go to Abyss Lake for Dragons till 150 =)

My stat ended up:
Str 9+
Vit 9+
Dex 9+
Agi 9+
Int 7+

I can do MVP / PVP / WOE with the right equips

Edited by jerxxx03, 23 December 2012 - 11:08 PM.

#63 Lecky

Lecky

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

Reflect with Autocast cards still a viable way to level up?

#64 Justinklr

Justinklr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationTemeria

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

About weapons.I know Glorious Spear is the best weapon for pvp/woe, but i haven´t one yet. So which is best for pvp/woe at +7/+9 for Vanishing point/OB, Vellum Spear or Imperial Spear?

#65 Phantaminum

Phantaminum

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:19 AM

I tested +7 glorious spear against +7 fs10 brocca in pvp. The brocca won. Since glorious spear is always better than vellum at all upgrade levels (unless you are using PPA), I guess it goes +7 brocca >+7 kvm >+7 vellum. Not sure about imperial spear though.

Edited by Phantaminum, 19 April 2013 - 08:28 AM.

#66 asthar

asthar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

does anyone knows what is the chance of  a +9 vellum glaive procs reflect thing damage

and of the magic mirror

tx for any help

#67 Lee954

Lee954

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

Off topic, this will be my build: MR Inspi OB Semi VP GR, many still uses MR, some thought its useless S*** or whatever and say inspi is unreliable, why won't they talk it to the turtle, those buttholes

Here's my stats /gg

100 STR=For OP VP and Ob while also on Inspiration
95 AGI=Close enough 193 aspd XD
100 VIT= FOR MR DMG EVEN WITH JOB LVL BONUS /rice
50-55 INT= for my genesis ray dmg
70-75 DEX=Accuracy Rate
30 LUK=Mandra Resistance
Wipl be using this when I get to play iRO, but I just need help to download it, will be outting in my gears and stuff when I do

#68 hakkun

hakkun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:28 AM

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you would have input on this matter:

to band or not to band?

I'm playing my first char on renewal/chaos, I just got max OB (yay) and plan on maxing inspiration and VP for PVM/MVP.  it seems that after that point, I have only enough points left over to either get Vanguard lvl5, or Banding lvl1.  I hear from some friends that if you're going offensive you need banding, but it's only lvl 1...I also hear from people that vanguard's +15% hp is super nice....I'm wondering what's the best choice here...

#69 marvsragna

marvsragna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:04 PM

hey guys anyone here have sword+shield type RG? then what is your aoe killing skill? honestly I don't pike spear types I think it removes the holyness of RG

#70 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:06 AM

Swords are still blades on a stick, albeit a shorter stick, so its still a spear in a sense.

The probable best aoe skills for sword type RG's are most disputably GC or Ray of Genesis, since swords usually provide a good balance to both ATK and MATK when upgraded, maybe Earth Drive as well but thats about all I can see in terms of AoE's that RG's can use with swords

#71 SaintMichael

SaintMichael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:18 PM

Actually even if an Royal Guard decides to use Grand Cross or Ray of Genesis, the best weapon is Imperial Spear+ Imperial shield, because not only does it give MATK, but it also increases GC and Ray of Genesis damage by 10%. The only sword that I would use is glorious holy avenger+ plus Gloria Domini, but even then I would just use it to cast Lex Devina and then switch back to my main weapon which would be a spear. Even for using earth drive it's not that great because of the size modifier, if your on a mount with a spear the reduction to medium monsters is taken away, however this doesn't apply to one handed swords which will do 25% less to large and small.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users