Question and Answer about the Transfer to WarpPortal - Page 2 - Past Forum Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Question and Answer about the Transfer to WarpPortal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
714 replies to this topic

#26 Kimimaro

Kimimaro

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:08 AM

Well I was assuming the cap was server based for some reason.

I know that Gpot capped theirs at 60 but not sure about IAH, so if anyone who played in IAH can confirm this then that would probably answer my question.

Anyways I'm going to throw in another question. When the server opens, are we going to get an opening event such as exp boosts or something? Anything?

Edited by Kimimaro, 11 August 2010 - 03:22 AM.

#27 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:36 AM

IAH is capped as well from what I heard.

#28 idipset

idipset

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:51 AM

Will Cash Shop items be trade-able or can be sold in the market?

#29 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:54 AM

Well I was assuming the cap was server based for some reason.

I know that Gpot capped theirs at 60 but not sure about IAH, so if anyone who played in IAH can confirm this then that would probably answer my question.

Anyways I'm going to throw in another question. When the server opens, are we going to get an opening event such as exp boosts or something? Anything?

Yeah, i'm still upset we didn't get our June Slay a Monster prize :) I was looking forward to it =/
Would be nice if everyone got a welcome package with some goodies inside :(

#30 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationInfinity and Beyond
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:58 AM

Will Cash Shop items be trade-able or can be sold in the market?

id also like to know this.

but according to their Terms of Service its illegal to trade irl currencies for in game stuff just like on thq :|

#31 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:00 AM

Yeah, i'm still upset we didn't get our June Slay a Monster prize :) I was looking forward to it =/
Would be nice if everyone got a welcome package with some goodies inside :(

*cough*abuse*cough*

Just making sure, Dragonica is staying f2p with a cash shop?

#32 Darel

Darel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

Just making sure, Dragonica is staying f2p with a cash shop?

Dragonica - F2P
Aion - P2P

There's a huge difference.

#33 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:39 AM

Dragonica - F2P
Aion - P2P

There's a huge difference.

I didn't ask what F2P means lol, I'm saying, is it staying F2P? I remember Gravity tended to swap some games from F2P to P2P, and back to F2P, etc.

#34 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:47 AM

I wish I had some clear answers to some of the questions. This is all happening pretty quickly for us and I know its going to seem like a long process for the Dragonica users.

We will keep Dragonica F2P, no intention on rocking the boat or changing a model that works.

When it comes to the Item Mall items, we will be reviewing them and a good chance on altering some of the point values. You are use to paying with Ice Points, we will be referencing them based on Item Mall points here, so that is something to get use to. I don't think we will quickly change their ability to be traded in-game. I believe all 3 of our games have item mall items that can be traded in-game so its very possible for items to be made available at some point.

The question about FPS seems a little weird, more then likely the games engine can only produce that frame rate, I doubt its a hard cap to prevent faster frame rates its possible its a development limitation with the games graphics engine.

We are not going to be making any dramatic changes right away, our concern right now is that we have a very short time table to get everyone playing again, and updated to the most recent version available for the English speaking Dragonica community. Which from what we have been told as a Community team as well as what we have read from the other Dragonica sites it seems that this will be a lot of new information for even the community to take in.

So as much as we want to address the big community concerns, right now our focus is to get the game stable, get the game moved over and everyone back playing so we can then address some of what we have heard and some of what we have seen from our own playing.

#35 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:08 AM

The question about FPS seems a little weird, more then likely the games engine can only produce that frame rate, I doubt its a hard cap to prevent faster frame rates its possible its a development limitation with the games graphics engine.

The attack speed of shamans, as well as the AAS (anti-air shot) skill of archer classes are FPS dependent with respect to their speed. It's more so of a problem with archers, as an extremely high FPS will allow for them to shoot arrows fast enough so that it takes literally over 10 seconds for an opponent to drop to the ground after being launched, which is quite a problem for pvp as most characters cannot survive for that long.

#36 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:21 AM

The attack speed of shamans, as well as the AAS (anti-air shot) skill of archer classes are FPS dependent with respect to their speed. It's more so of a problem with archers, as an extremely high FPS will allow for them to shoot arrows fast enough so that it takes literally over 10 seconds for an opponent to drop to the ground after being launched, which is quite a problem for pvp as most characters cannot survive for that long.

I have heard of a few games rendering the animations in such a way and I can see how this would affect PvP.

We have tried to read and have heard there are some concerns with game balance, but the forums at THQ*ICE is hard to read over the last couple months with the community being so vocally upset. So many threads that are well hard for us to sort through to find the community issues.

#37 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:31 AM

I have heard of a few games rendering the animations in such a way and I can see how this would affect PvP.

We have tried to read and have heard there are some concerns with game balance, but the forums at THQ*ICE is hard to read over the last couple months with the community being so vocally upset. So many threads that are well hard for us to sort through to find the community issues.

Personally, I feel as if Barunson is making their changes based more on the PvE aspect of the game, rather than the PvP aspect. As a result, some classes have grown exceptionally in PvE and PvP (ie. warrior classes due to various skill changes and a 1.5x boost in attack power on their weapons). The reason why their weapon attacks were boosted is that the warrior classes were lacking in the PvE aspect. Meanwhile, characters that didn't lack so much in the PvE department had their weapon attacks reduced. As a result, this makes it even more difficult to defeat players who are stacked with both health and defense, as damage becomes mediocre, and with healing from mages, it easily becomes nearly impossible to defeat one of these players unless there are multiple people locking them in one place with all their skills. In addition, due to this, I believe the ninja class has slightly deteriorated in that Barunson is changing their skills and basically rendering the air combo (not the actual aerial combo skill) useless and outdated, forcing us to resort to a ground combo based on no player skill at all. In other words, the style of game play for some classes has been changed as well, and I also feel that this is a negative change as opposed to positive.

Now, of course, it would be quite difficult to work out a solution that works for both PvE and PvP, but that is even more reason why such changes should not be made before thorough testing by the player base. The fact remains that the players are always the ones who are generally more familiar with what changes should and should not be made, with an exception of possible class bias towards the class that they chose. In short, ideally, I would like for Gravity to look more into these issues and try to work out something better with Barunson, but that probably isn't possible at this point. It is something worth considering in the future, though, as many players, myself included, feel that the changes Barunson puts forward are not necessarily all positive changes.

#38 Kimimaro

Kimimaro

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:47 AM

Personally, I feel as if Barunson is making their changes based more on the PvE aspect of the game, rather than the PvP aspect. As a result, some classes have grown exceptionally in PvE and PvP (ie. warrior classes due to various skill changes and a 1.5x boost in attack power on their weapons). The reason why their weapon attacks were boosted is that the warrior classes were lacking in the PvE aspect. Meanwhile, characters that didn't lack so much in the PvE department had their weapon attacks reduced. As a result, this makes it even more difficult to defeat players who are stacked with both health and defense, as damage becomes mediocre, and with healing from mages, it easily becomes nearly impossible to defeat one of these players unless there are multiple people locking them in one place with all their skills. In addition, due to this, I believe the ninja class has slightly deteriorated in that Barunson is changing their skills and basically rendering the air combo (not the actual aerial combo skill) useless and outdated, forcing us to resort to a ground combo based on no player skill at all. In other words, the style of game play for some classes has been changed as well, and I also feel that this is a negative change as opposed to positive.

Now, of course, it would be quite difficult to work out a solution that works for both PvE and PvP, but that is even more reason why such changes should not be made before thorough testing by the player base. The fact remains that the players are always the ones who are generally more familiar with what changes should and should not be made, with an exception of possible class bias towards the class that they chose. In short, ideally, I would like for Gravity to look more into these issues and try to work out something better with Barunson, but that probably isn't possible at this point. It is something worth considering in the future, though, as many players, myself included, feel that the changes Barunson puts forward are not necessarily all positive changes.

+1
Nailed it right in the head, I couldn't have said it any better.

#39 NeoSaro

NeoSaro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • LocationRO Ymir ex-Chaos

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:57 AM

I didn't ask what F2P means lol, I'm saying, is it staying F2P? I remember Gravity tended to swap some games from F2P to P2P, and back to F2P, etc.

Really. My feeling is they tend to go F2P

RO was P2P and now is P2P and F2P
Requiem start with F2P
ROSE is F2P (but I can't remember if it was P2P, Calanor, ROSE was P2P?)

Well, the point is I never saw them going F2P to P2P, unless you mean the step of RO from beta to release in 2003.

#40 fyerolight

fyerolight

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

Really. My feeling is they tend to go F2P

RO was P2P and now is P2P and F2P
Requiem start with F2P
ROSE is F2P (but I can't remember if it was P2P, Calanor, ROSE was P2P?)

Well, the point is I never saw them going F2P to P2P, unless you mean the step of RO from beta to release in 2003.

Rose used to be F2P, then became a P2P, and now is back to F2P. (I used to play Rose till it became P2P)

#41 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationInfinity and Beyond

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:17 AM

Jesus Christ just answer with a simple "YES"
theres no need to prove youre smarter than anyone else around here by presenting interesting facts about other games (which had nothing to do with his question in the first place)
itll stay F2P with a cash shop

#42 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:18 AM

Jesus Christ just answer with a simple "YES"
theres no need to prove youre smarter than anyone else around here by presenting interesting facts about other games (which had nothing to do with his question in the first place)
itll stay F2P with a cash shop

I don't think he posts here.

#43 xJona

xJona

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:17 AM

Well, I'm glad were getting a publisher that has had experience with games (Good games too imo).

Found out about it today and I'm happy :]

But I heard Ninjas are going to suck with 4th Job :)

#44 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:36 AM

Well, I'm glad were getting a publisher that has had experience with games (Good games too imo).

Found out about it today and I'm happy :]

But I heard Ninjas are going to suck with 4th Job :)

It's arguable whether it's good or bad. IMO, it's pretty bad, but for the noobs, it would be a good change. The patch introduces changes to the assassin and ninja skill tree rather than the 4th job tree, which changes the ninja's play style to basically doing ground lock, especially if we get the jdragonica nerf which changes fly's cooldown from 2s to 8s. 1v1 between ninjas would probably be pretty different, considering the usual combo wouldn't exactly work anymore. Our usual matches would no longer be based on who can catch and keep up an air combo for the longest, but rather who can catch the most, and catching is pretty easy with the new ambush. The main issue I have is the radical change in play style for our class in 1v1 matches, which is a huge turn-off. I don't think it's enough of a change to prompt me to start a new character, simply because we aren't that bad, but I certainly don't find the class as fun as before, which is a huge let down.

Edited by Yurai, 11 August 2010 - 11:36 AM.

#45 xJona

xJona

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:42 AM

I think burrow was the best advantage to a thief. Now we can't spam to dodge, so If we can't dodge and get caught in ONE combo, we're dead?

Niceeee Don't get me wrong I'm up for a challenge

#46 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:48 AM

He may bless this community as well!

#47 Thuy

Thuy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:11 PM

Don't forget WM's penguin! FPS cap will affect the archer class the most since aas is their main attack. Majority of the 60+ have bone gear and they can survive well over 10 seconds of aas at max speed. It big matches such as 5v5 your average aas duration per launch last around 2-4 seconds and most of the times the mage just heal back the damage lol. :)

I hope we don't get the fps cap like gpot and iah.

Edited by Thuy, 11 August 2010 - 01:12 PM.

#48 xandiel

xandiel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:15 PM

Don't forget WM's penguin! FPS cap will affect the archer class the most since aas is their main attack. Majority of the 60+ have bone gear and they can survive well over 10 seconds of aas at max speed. It big matches such as 5v5 your average aas duration per launch last around 2-4 seconds and most of the times the mage just heal back the damage lol. :)

I hope we don't get the fps cap like gpot and iah.

phantom penguins lol.

#49 NeoSaro

NeoSaro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • LocationRO Ymir ex-Chaos

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

But he works there.

#50 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:14 PM

Certainly there are specific differences between games that we as a company will have to get used to, which will happen as we test and play the game with our community.

But even in a specific game title different countries may have different community focuses. An example of this could be PVP vs PVE focus. Some societies really do have different ways of playing. I know that we will be getting the "base" version for this update to launch, from that point it will be a partnership between the community, WarpPortal and Barunson in making changes that fit the version and the game. It is actually quite likely that "air comboing" tricks either aren't noticed or looked at as a negative in other versions as it may have been by the NA audience. Regardless I'm sure such community preferences will become known and discussed for potential reasonable updating.

As Calanor and Hastur have stated we don't have all the answers right now, our first priority is to make game happen so you can all get back to your home and likely do some rearranging to take in the new update. Right now is too early for going into update related requests as we have not even gotten to a test phase yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users