Question and Answer about the Transfer to WarpPortal - Page 3 - Past Forum Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Question and Answer about the Transfer to WarpPortal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
714 replies to this topic

#51 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:32 PM

Just to clarify, we CAN keep playing right now and expect to see our progress still intact after the transfer right?

#52 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:16 AM

Just to clarify, we CAN keep playing right now and expect to see our progress still intact after the transfer right?

Yes, this is our expectation that the data we get will be from the final day THQ*ICE has the servers up, which is the end of this month.

#53 AfroShika

AfroShika

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:39 AM

Glad to see my money didn't go to waste on this game, was so disappointed in THQ's unprofessional way of dropping DO like that. But now i see they are making it up so its all good.
Can't wait to too how class pvp balancing goes, rofl.

Edited by AfroShika, 12 August 2010 - 11:48 AM.

#54 Sparx

Sparx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:jonssonite
  • LocationNorway
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:51 AM

Glad to see my money didn't go to waste on this game, was so disappointed in THQ's unprofessional way of dropping DO like that.

With Gravity hosting your game, it's gonna take some doing to get it down again! ROSE online is a good example for this. Triggersoft (former developer of ROSE) stopped development of the game in 2007 (I think). Gravity kept running the game and then suddenly they announced they were taking over game development. Your game is (probably) in safe hands.

#55 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:13 PM

I'm glad I'll be able to pvp all the Dekard people with this server merge.

#56 ImNotShaman

ImNotShaman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:55 PM

I'm glad I'll be able to pvp all the Dekard people with this server merge.

Yay more PvP rooms.

#57 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:09 PM

I'm glad I'll be able to pvp all the Dikard people with this server merge.

Yay more PvP rooms.

umm..i thought Dekard didn't know the meaning of pvp :) They hardly pvp on their server, what makes you think they'll pvp once we're merged? the OP super-equipped pros on vyvern threatening them? :(

#58 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:21 PM

With Gravity hosting your game, it's gonna take some doing to get it down again! ROSE online is a good example for this. Triggersoft (former developer of ROSE) stopped development of the game in 2007 (I think). Gravity kept running the game and then suddenly they announced they were taking over game development. Your game is (probably) in safe hands.

Development for Dragonica didn't stop, just the NA publisher for it stopped. There will be some time for learning curve for us in how to best approach and work with Barunson to get the updates and events we want to happen, but it won't be months by any stretch.

#59 KidNova

KidNova

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationDon't look behind you......

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:27 PM

*raises hand* yes i know what to fear like a bunny knows not to go napping in the mountain lion's mouth no matter how comfy it looks failnadiers ftw >.> hope barunson eventually fixes us heard drag japan got patch for better cool time for sum skills even though always managed to still kick butt no more game pad so i WILL be hiding from you for sure Yurai

Edited by KidNova, 12 August 2010 - 02:39 PM.

#60 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationInfinity and Beyond

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:04 PM

*raises hand* yes i know what to fear like a bunny knows not to go napping in the mountain lion's mouth no matter how comfy it looks failnadiers ftw >.> hope barunson eventually fixes us heard drag japan got patch for better cool time for sum skills even though always managed to still kick butt no more game pad so i WILL be hiding from you for sure Yurai

woah this post is better than drugs

#61 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:24 PM

Glad to see my money didn't go to waste on this game, was so disappointed in THQ's unprofessional way of dropping DO like that. But now i see they are making it up so its all good.

I'm not really sure if you would want to leave your sig as is. Advertising a private server on official Ragnarok forums?

#62 xandiel

xandiel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:42 PM

i think u mean un-balancing.

Edited by xandiel, 12 August 2010 - 04:42 PM.

#63 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:43 PM

i think u mean un-balancing.

AGREED!

#64 wyverlord

wyverlord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • LocationHarvest Moon 64 Farm
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 12 August 2010 - 06:31 PM

Okay so if the 2 servers are merging what happens if u have ONE account but 4 chars on each server, if they become one are u able to have 8 chars? because if i has to choose i would rather keep my Vyvern chars.

#65 AfroShika

AfroShika

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

yea didnt take that in, i played on iro too but it was too hard and P2P. Is it free now?

I'm glad I'll be able to pvp all the Dikard people with this server merge.

Yay more PvP rooms.

umm..i thought Dekard didn't know the meaning of pvp :) They hardly pvp on their server, what makes you think they'll pvp once we're merged? the OP super-equipped pros on vyvern threatening them? ;)

I stopped pvp'ing on dekard cause for the most part, ppl were too afraid to fight me. Only one overly-stacked pally and somewhat well geard PF beat me a lot. Been pvping on vyvern but my ninja there sucks. I'd like to be able to fight vyvern vets with my dekard ninja

Edited by AfroShika, 12 August 2010 - 07:25 PM.

#66 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:24 PM

We weren't afraid to fight you... we'd gladly have you on the opposing team, since all you did was walk around in shadow walk for 50%+ of the game; this isn't Ragnarok just fyi.

#67 AfroShika

AfroShika

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

We weren't afraid to fight you... we'd gladly have you on the opposing team, since all you did was walk around in shadow walk for 50%+ of the game; this isn't Ragnarok just fyi.

Who's we? Im not saying the whole server was afraid, i said "most people". I couldn't get into any match cause every time i joined i'd either get booted or everyone would leave.
Dunno what your trying to say about this not being Ragnarok, if ur referring to my first question in my last post, it's just a question =/

Edited by AfroShika, 12 August 2010 - 07:32 PM.

#68 Sparx

Sparx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:jonssonite
  • LocationNorway
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:36 PM

Development for Dragonica didn't stop, just the NA publisher for it stopped. There will be some time for learning curve for us in how to best approach and work with Barunson to get the updates and events we want to happen, but it won't be months by any stretch.

It was an example of the good you do for games you host. Would anyone take over the hosting for the game if Gravity didn't step in?

#69 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:38 PM

Who's we? Im not saying the whole server was afraid, i said "most people". I couldn't get into any match cause every time i joined i'd either get booted or everyone would leave.
Dunno what your trying to say about this not being Ragnarok, if ur referring to my first question in my last post, it's just a question =/

We as in everyone I knew, like 10+ people? The amount of people that PvP on Dekard is small as it already is. I referred to Ragnarok because of your shadow walking habits.

Edited by Kazra, 12 August 2010 - 07:39 PM.

#70 AfroShika

AfroShika

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:54 PM

We as in everyone I knew, like 10+ people? The amount of people that PvP on Dekard is small as it already is. I referred to Ragnarok because of your shadow walking habits.

ah, so you were just QQ'ing about SW, npnp.
It's too bad the server started to die once i finally got my new computer n graphics card that could actually handle something more than a 2v2 in pvp.
Even still, there weren't very many knights members who would play in 1v1 or 2v2 with me, they always had to invite the whole guild for unbalanced 5v5 and my laptop couldn't handle it ;<
Therefore i just gave up on pvp n stopped playing altogether, but now i have something to look forward too ;)

#71 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:21 PM

Actually, I'm QQ'ing for your teammates, since you just SW and watch them die. That's besides the point anyways. It's okay if you were all -_-y on Dekard, just know that not only those 2 that you listed can easily 5:0 you. Good day to you sir.

Edited by Kazra, 12 August 2010 - 08:25 PM.

#72 xandiel

xandiel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:37 PM

Okay so if the 2 servers are merging what happens if u have ONE account but 4 chars on each server, if they become one are u able to have 8 chars? because if i has to choose i would rather keep my Vyvern chars.

they already stated that this shouldnt be a problem, and that they will look into the issue more once they have a beta up and running.

#73 Clow

Clow

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:20 AM

Hello Everyone This is Clow from Dekard ;D

I have a question about the transfer and was wondering if the memory leak was going to be looked into before the transfer O_O; ?

#74 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:40 AM

Finally, I'll be able to pvp against all the Dikard scrubs ;)

Also, I asked this before, but it never got answered, so I'll just ask it again. When can we get more sections for the forums, specifically a guides section and a guild section? It would be nice to get a start on moving some useful information and such over here, as well as starting to create new guild threads for recruitment upon the launch of Dragonica on Gravity's server.

Edited by Yurai, 13 August 2010 - 04:54 AM.

#75 AfroShika

AfroShika

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:03 AM

unfortunately for you, those are the only 2 people who ever 5.0'd me (Ody and Matt) ;)
Seems someone chooses to ignore the part where i clearly said my laptop couldn't handle anything more than a 2v2, anything more (especially with multiple WM's) would lag me to hell, which is why i avoided joining you guys in your huge 5v5's. I have a new computer tho, so i'd gladly be able to fight properly now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users