2 replies to this topic

#1 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:31 PM

I will throw the main ideas and maybe later will add a specific battleground.

Fight to the Death

In this kind of battleground the match would start when both teams are full. To make it work, the teams should be balanced and if a player leave, it cant join again until the next match.

There wouldnt be a time limit but there should be a way to prevent players from hide and dont appear until the end: maybe if the enemy team take a flag for 5 mins without lose it, they win, no matter if they have more or less people in their team. The match also wouldnt have any kind of contribution, if the team win, all in the team get the same amount of points. Also, close brakets would be needed, to decrease the difference in strenght.

In this type of battleground, the players would have only one life, if they die, they are out and must wait until the end to see if they win or lose. The team that run out of players first, lose. Maybe to dont be so hard, each player could have 3 or 4 lifes.

Well, the idea is far from perfect but the main lines are there. The main problem is that classes like rogues would have a horrible adventage in this bg, that is why a huge balance in the teams would be needed.

Siege

This, is another stone in my idea about siege (The Future and some other things...) and i will post a modified thread about the full system soon (mostly a rework of the old idea, adding a few new ones).

The idea is simple. I dont know if it can be done but the elements are alredy there.

The idea is to make things in the battleground that can be destroyed, for example walls: we alredy have gates, that dont let the players pass and can be destroyed, in Ruins of Lament. They only need to make them bigger and with more HP.

Capture the Casttle

With this concept implemented, they can make many new things, like for example a "Capture the Casttle" battleground in wich a team should hold the castle and the other attack: wins the team that complete the mission.

Server vs Server: Ancient Ruins

Another idea could be to have this kind of walls in the Ancient Ruins, SvS map, instead of have a safe zone. Another idea for this map would be that when the player take a flag, a big wall around the flag is summoned, big enough to keep the players inside away from the ground aoes and traps: i think that with this that map could be far more interesting, making people try to take the fortress instead of run from one safe zone to the other.

Summon Walls

A related idea to this, would be to be able to summon walls (some classes alredy can summon monsters, and the gates in Ruins of Lament are basicaly mobs that can move and dont let players pass) to build defenses: ofc this kind of things could make the game look more like a strategy game than a rpg but i think that this would spice the game enough to make some battlegrounds more interesting, over all the siege based ones.

Edited by Nadesh, 30 December 2010 - 03:32 PM.

#2 DrAg0r

DrAg0r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationValdes

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:48 PM

Great Ideas!

Summonning wall may be a nice pve skill for hunters, if mobs can't go trough.

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:28 PM

Yes, my original idea was for Dominators but it could work for Hunters too.

But over all i think that the idea of walls surrounding the flags in Ancient Ruins (svs), after someone pick the flag, could be interesting. The walls wouldnt be able to be destroyed by the side that control the flag, and the walls around would have entrances that let the players pass but give a tactic adventage to the ones that are inside. For now it could only work in that map because is the only one with enough room to do it. Since is a big map with many people, the walls should have a big hp (50k hp each wall, more or less).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users