Why is this game so deserted? Are most of the thqice players gone? - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why is this game so deserted? Are most of the thqice players gone?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 AznSuicune

AznSuicune

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:51 PM

Even less people are on then before.... I guess since the thqice was closed for so long, everyone moved on. This game is TOO BORING TO PLAY, BARELY ANYONE EVEN PLAYS IT?!?!? Theres only like a couple of people in each town like around 5-15 people.... I'm not a noob btw, I'm a lvl 60 warmage and I have a lvl 16 warrior with epic gear, but I guess there's no point in playing this game anymore since barely anyone plays it...

#2 converse182

converse182

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTustin,CA
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:That one!

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:03 PM

yep i agree

#3 AznSuicune

AznSuicune

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:09 PM

not only that.... this games also bugged? I have a casual red costume set and the gloves says its expired? 0_0 The rest of my fashion items says its unlimited.. All I did was unequip the gloves and it says it's expired.. how bs -.-

#4 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:52 PM

not only that.... this games also bugged? I have a casual red costume set and the gloves says its expired? 0_0 The rest of my fashion items says its unlimited.. All I did was unequip the gloves and it says it's expired.. how fkn bs -.-

main problems are gateway and ip blocks on registering for the game, not to mention updates and content being postponed for no good reason (drakos, monster card insurance, emporia) barunson hates us, and warpportal's gateway is only keeping people out.

#5 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:37 AM

main problems are gateway and ip blocks on registering for the game, not to mention updates and content being postponed for no good reason (drakos, monster card insurance, emporia) barunson hates us, and warpportal's gateway is only keeping people out.

Gateway is the biggest PoS I've ever seen.
I especially hate how everytime it updates it sticks an autorun in windows startup.
But I've found a workaround for geting around gateway so I haven't used in weeks.

#6 CloudFire

CloudFire

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:53 AM

Even less people are on then before.... I guess since the thqice was closed for so long, everyone moved on. This game is TOO BORING TO PLAY, BARELY ANYONE EVEN PLAYS IT?!?!? Theres only like a couple of people in each town like around 5-15 people.... I'm not a noob btw, I'm a lvl 60 warmage and I have a lvl 16 warrior with epic gear, but I guess there's no point in playing this game anymore since barely anyone plays it...

Agreed, the only thing I really do is log on and do BSQ. I'm staying a perma. 60 because moving into the 61-65 BSQ is suicide with all the stats stackers in the high levels. They should really add in MORE bsq rooms so at least, one side isn't always stacked, which leads to afk's and people not even trying, which furthermore kills the game. It's seriously not hard to add in a few more bsq rooms and add the 66-70 range room as well :unsure:

#7 HelpfulRay

HelpfulRay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:08 AM

If they adjust the exp rates, I'm sure a bunch of people will come back. That was the main issue with thqice anyways, that and the lag. x_x

#8 MichyLee

MichyLee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:Vvyvern (Past Dekard)

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

I agree too. There's way less people than there used to be.. I wonder why ?
I also agree with Gateway keeping people out. It's really annoying, and the only way to play is to do it without opening Gatway.
And yes, they must fix the EXP rates. They're too low for us. Rokko gives me 1K or less per monster...
There you have it, GM's. Fix it ?
Like, NOW ?
Or else you won't make money or anything. Just more people will quit this game. Posted Image

#9 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationInfinity and Beyond
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:15 PM

And yes, they must fix the EXP rates. They're too low for us. Rokko gives me 1K or less per monster...

really? i just got 11K with my lvl 41 warlock in Rokko F4. (and i dont think the exp event started yet)

#10 Deathrowz

Deathrowz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationTdot !

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:19 PM

really? i just got 11K with my lvl 41 warlock in Rokko F4. (and i dont think the exp event started yet)

it has o.o

#11 MichyLee

MichyLee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:Vvyvern (Past Dekard)

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:22 PM

I don't know how, but sometimes it shows and 1k and another time it says 5 k, even though I'm killing everything myself. Posted Image

#12 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationInfinity and Beyond

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:37 PM

it has o.o

The exp event should start Friday 11:59PM PST. Its 5:34PM right now.

EDIT:

Starting Friday, December 31st at 11:59PM Pst through Monday January 3rd at 11:59PM Pst we will be turning on +50% EXP! So ring in the new year with a bang!

I don't know how, but sometimes it shows and 1k and another time it says 5 k, even though I'm killing everything myself. Posted Image

I was in F6 by myself and the exp ranges from 4k-11k (without rest exp) depending on my combo. Its weird that you dont get more exp with comboing considering youre a harle.
Posted Image

Edited by Taomang, 31 December 2010 - 04:40 PM.

#13 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:25 PM

True, the game does have a fewer amount of people than it used to, and especially compared to other versions, but the game isn't dead, and it's not as deserted as you think. The only thing this thread really accomplishes is to give arguements to people that want to leave because "oh noez it's dying this game sux!". A lot of people I see bitching about how low the population is will straight up tell people not to play this version and say over and over again how "BAD" our version is.

If you don't like the state the server is in, then do something about it. Make a suggestion thread and get your guildmates and friends to reply to it and keep it alive. A 2 page thread in the suggestion forum won't get much attention, but if you get the thread really going and you get good arguements from people, the GMs will at least look at it and might finally consider they have a problem. Aside from that, you can also advertise the game to your friends, put up subtle advertisements in your area, and stuff like that. Just because gravity is being greedy and not spending money on advertising doesn't mean you can't advertise it yourself.

#14 Paxon

Paxon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationBehind you ^^
  • Server:I forgot which one

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:49 PM

This is my opinion on why the game seems deserted
50% gateway
10% advertising
20%lag
5%exp rates
10%low population
5%other
not really an opinion but you know what i mean

Edited by Paxon, 31 December 2010 - 06:49 PM.

#15 Paxon

Paxon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationBehind you ^^
  • Server:I forgot which one

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:51 PM

another reason is due to the name. If you look up dragon saga on google or youtube, 80% of it will say "dragon ball z saga" or something like that

#16 Mikay

Mikay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:58 PM

Not to mention half the players still here think to themselves every time they play "Why am I still here?"
Or mayb its just me

#17 kAndyREW

kAndyREW

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:00 PM

cough new game time!

#18 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:04 PM

Not to mention half the players still here think to themselves every time they play "Why am I still here?"
Or mayb its just me

cough new game time!

These posts are a huge reason to why people are leaving the game.

#19 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:10 PM

The exp event should start Friday 11:59PM PST. Its 5:34PM right now.

EDIT:

I was in F6 by myself and the exp ranges from 4k-11k (without rest exp) depending on my combo. Its weird that you dont get more exp with comboing considering youre a harle.
Posted Image

if you took that picture yesterday, yes, the exp event WAS up all day friday, i noticed it around 1 am pacific... so... yeah, false information on start time, or exp rates were raised back to what they were pre-thanksgiving

#20 TheHero

TheHero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:20 PM

I laugh at people who blame gateway, you just CANT, you dont need it to start up this game. this games fate was sealed when thq still had it. it was deserted around the time cookie factory started up, its obivous that people stopped playing this due to the lack of updates(the level cap didnt change for almost a year). its also pretty sad that we dont even have drakos and other places are getting the third continent. ive even thought about calling it quits and moving to iah or gpot. you cant complain about the exp. theres plenty of ways to get good exp, and why make a game too easy so everyone and their grandma can be at max level? its like people just want levels to be handed to them (i blame bots in other mmos xD) I think the reason this game is so deserted because people play the other versions, instead of this one, they came out first and they are way more ahead than what we might ever be. please comment and criticize :unsure:

Edited by TheHero, 31 December 2010 - 11:23 PM.

#21 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:24 PM

this games fate was sealed when thq still had it. it was deserted around the time cookie factory started up, its obivous that people stopped playing this due to the lack of updates(the level cap didnt change for almost a year). its also pretty sad that we dont even have drakos and other places are getting the third continent. ive even thought about calling it quits and moving to iah or gpot. you cant complain about the exp. theres plenty of ways to get good exp, and why make a game too easy so everyone and their grandma can be at max level? its like people just want levels to be handed to them (i blame bots in other mmos xD) I think the reason this game is so deserted because people play the other versions, instead of this one, they came out first and they are way more ahead than what we might ever be. please comment and criticize :unsure:

wrong off the bat, cookie factory showed up and everybody was excited, stayed around too long and people got suspicious, we're getting drakos finally "early this year," along with emporia, 3rd continent has been confirmed by barunson to be coming in the first quarter of this year. and this game is deserted because a lot of players were from other servers, they left theirs for a reason, now we have IP blocks so people cant sign up for warpportal's dragon saga, so any increase in population isnt happening, we'd have been better off with any other publisher honestly, nexon would have done a better job, they already have jdragonica iirc

#22 TheHero

TheHero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:45 PM

wrong off the bat, cookie factory showed up and everybody was excited, stayed around too long and people got suspicious, we're getting drakos finally "early this year," along with emporia, 3rd continent has been confirmed by barunson to be coming in the first quarter of this year. and this game is deserted because a lot of players were from other servers, they left theirs for a reason, now we have IP blocks so people cant sign up for warpportal's dragon saga, so any increase in population isnt happening, we'd have been better off with any other publisher honestly, nexon would have done a better job, they already have jdragonica iirc

i personally remember it was hard for me to find parties during the time of cookie factory, my level was 45 at the time so idk. but you have to agree that the lack of updates is causing a great decline. i think the only people who still play this game are high level characters and all the low leveled people you see in game are alts. you seem like you know what youre talking about (not sarcasm) any idea why its taking them over two months to release drakos? not to mention how long it took to raise the level cap.

#23 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:46 PM

i personally remember it was hard for me to find parties during the time of cookie factory, my level was 45 at the time so idk. but you have to agree that the lack of updates is causing a great decline. i think the only people who still play this game are high level characters and all the low leveled people you see in game are alts. you seem like you know what youre talking about (not sarcasm) any idea why its taking them over two months to release drakos? not to mention how long it took to raise the level cap.

barunson, plain and simple, they control our content, and they're delaying everything

#24 TheHero

TheHero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:52 PM

barunson, plain and simple, they control our content, and they're delaying everything

guess they really do hate us QQ oh well i'll still play :unsure:

#25 Mikay

Mikay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:09 PM

guess they really do hate us QQ oh well i'll still play :unsure:

they always did :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users