#1 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:12 AM

Welcome to the Warp Portal Forum Renewal Skin Thread!

Here you can post the skins you have made or have found that can be used in the renewal client.

When posting a skin, please add a preview image of the skin and a download link that is bolded out so it's easier to see.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got bored of the standard ro skin again, as the old skins weren't renewal based I couldn't use them.

Spent a while mixing with my previous skin, and decided to combine different colors and styles, ended up with a hybrid skin that I at first didn't like, but then I couldn't stop looking at it!

Normally I'm all "one must balance the art", ying yang ftw and all that. But this amazed me. I really like it. Cant stop checking my gears. It's not often I get happy for something that I felt like was half done. The main point was really to change it to the red fiery colors. But this.. was great!

Preview image:

Default Phieti V2.1 - Renewal skin ! ::Updated with all menu buttons and everything is completed::

Posted Image

MEGAUPLOAD DOWNLOAD LINK

Please use! It's the best skin I've created.

Edited by AtlasThunderbeef, 03 January 2011 - 05:49 AM.

#2 espeon

espeon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:31 AM

Why are you using 24bit PNG when JPEG would have done the job just as wellâ??and in a relatively smaller file size, too? :unsure:

#3 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:06 PM

i actually perfer PNG over JPG

#4 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

aww i want a cardos

#5 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:38 PM

MEGA UP LOAD DOWN LOOADDD , RAWR!

... http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif Thank you for the skin, it looks cool. :unsure: /uploaddownloads

(( Sorry, it just made me wanna say is in a SUPER MANLY VOICe. :3 ))

#6 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:54 PM

Why are you using a novice mace?

#7 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:53 AM

Why are you using a novice mace?

Because I beat people with it ;P

I was putting gear on my merc, needed something to fill the eq window with. Didn't want to expose my amazing overly upgraded 100k kafrapoints gears.

Edited by AtlasThunderbeef, 06 January 2011 - 02:54 AM.

#8 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:12 PM

wait u can give weaps to mercs? how?

#9 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:39 PM

Merc = Merchant.

#10 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:32 PM

:rolleyes:

#11 L0WEN

L0WEN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:25 PM

does it work for Valkyrie servers?

#12 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:37 AM

does it work for Valkyrie servers?

Ofcourse it does. unzip it into your skins folder. Then ingame go to video configuration and choose your skin.

#13 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:49 PM

Having a little trouble with skins.
This is how it's supposed to look according to iro wiki.

Posted Image

But it comes out like this.

Posted Image

:angry:

I tried a few others too and always missing the same pieces.
Even though they are there in the folder itself, the client just doesn't load them in.

Edited by ItsMoonie, 22 February 2011 - 03:50 PM.

#14 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:33 AM

Having a little trouble with skins.
This is how it's supposed to look according to iro wiki.

Posted Image

But it comes out like this.

Posted Image

:angry:

I tried a few others too and always missing the same pieces.
Even though they are there in the folder itself, the client just doesn't load them in.

Those skins were for pre-renewal, they dont work [as intended]anymore. :P

#15 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:03 PM

my god that is awsome

#16 Nilami

Nilami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:09 PM

This is the most complete Renewal skin I have been able to pull together so far, after a few weeks of searching every forum post, blog, and website about Renewal skins I could find, even in other languages. The auction and mail windows have been added and edited, as well as many other changes. General skin folder now has 212 images (compared to 88 pre-Renewal), basic_interface folder now has 352 images (compared to 127 pre-Renewal), if that gives you any idea of how many additions were made in Renewal to the client interface.

Many of you will recognize this rework from the original skin, Assort by L@bo, which can be found at the following website for reference: Original Assort. It was one of my all-time favorites and I missed it a lot, which gave me the motivation to do all this reworking.

The following issues with Renewal skins still remain:

- Semi-fix created for buy/sell shops by creating a longer, filled icon for each, covering up the default background. This is still not a complete fix, and the GMs have confirmed that currently the same situation exists in the master client for kRO. Developers are working on it, but they have no idea when they will get it fixed so we can fully edit them again. (Remember, it's a cover, so if you do this yourself keep in mind that the transparent color won't work.)
- When buying from a normal shop NPC only one "space" will show in the purchase side, despite being able to buy numerous items at once (Tool Shop, etc). This is a result of the introduction of the Kafra shop, which only allows you to buy one item at a time. No fix known currently.
- Background colors and text in some fields of the Mail window when composing letters are still light orange/peach. Tested colorchip, no help. No fix known currently.
- In the party booking window, the "Tip" button has been left default, as the name of the image file has yet to be identified.
- The image "tab_cmd_03.bmp" has been left out, as it is not being utilized by the client at this time. If this changes in the future it will be added.
- Some images of the Skill window interface have yet to be identified in order to customize them; specifically the background and tab images.

Please let me know if you find any other missing images or errors/glitches in the skin so I can keep up a good record of them.

And now, the download link and preview:

AssortChild Download

Posted Image

The last few pages of this forum thread also has Renewal skins. Thought I would post it here, as someone posted their Renewal rework of the Legacy skin, which I know a lot of people miss.
iRO Wiki Forums Renewal Skin Thread

Edited by Nilami, 06 May 2011 - 12:48 PM.

#17 Jessarug

Jessarug

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Server:renewal - chaos

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

Posted Image

just a quick question actually:
how did you get your fps/lag to display in the upper right corner? and what are they two boxes in the lower right corner? (RCX&Base/Job).
stellar skin, btw. :( good work!

#18 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

That's both RCX
http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=33754

#19 Lapres

Lapres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:25 PM

Nilami, I love it! Installed it immediately. :blink: Ta!

#20 Nilami

Nilami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:03 PM

Thanks, glad people can enjoy it!

#21 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

@Nilami , I'm going to use your findings as a base and expand my own skin. Very great to see that you figured the rest out.

I might extract my grf file and see if I can find anything on the mail text as well.

Update:

Making little buttons is so tedious .(ono).

Posted Image

Edited by AtlasThunderbeef, 01 May 2011 - 03:40 PM.

#22 Nilami

Nilami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:33 PM

@Nilami , I'm going to use your findings as a base and expand my own skin. Very great to see that you figured the rest out.

I might extract my grf file and see if I can find anything on the mail text as well

Update:

Making little buttons is so tedious .(ono).

Posted Image

Yes, and can you imagine doing it with something like the Legacy skin, where the font hasn't been identified and there isn't any basic template? Ouch. One reason I haven't taken it on yet.

I did actually have friends search through the GRF for me, and someone gave me a GRF extract that I have yet to review, so I will let you all know if I find anything new.

Let me know if you find any answers to the issues I posted about. Thanks!

Edited by Nilami, 01 May 2011 - 06:05 PM.

#23 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:17 PM

Updated Default Phieti skin
##WORK IN PROGRESS##

Posted Image

Click on screenshot to download or find link HERE

Info:

It's incredibly tedious to design these things.

For example, the chat box is linked with the npc dialogue box; named "sysbox" or something. They share the same files anyways.

It's not just one little file, there's 8 minor files which include; upper left, upper mid, upper right, mid left, mid right, down left, down mid and down right.

That meant I had to customize the files to fid the npc dialogue window as well look good on the chat box. Right now I think I have a nice mix and it looks good.

Not everything is fixed. I got some more files to edit now thanks to Nilami(thank you <3), and I'll maybe design new windows for the auction house and mail box.
I'm not even sure I want to make for the auction house, as it's not used at all now, by anyone.

My goal with the skin is to make two versions.

Version 1 will be the current one, where it's more of what you see here now.

Version 2 will be a skin I'll change so it looks like this one, but more "default looking".
It will then be submitted to the GM team, and hopefully it will be accepted as the new default renewal skin.

Since aiming for it to be default is pretty "high up there", if it's featured as a "renewal skin download!" on the main page that would be amazing.

However, making Version 2 means I have to change and design everything. Which is a lot of work. I want to ask the GM team first though.

Small notes:

#The quest window got a minor makeover, it simply looks slightly better. I wanted to redesign it entirely, but it looks really good from before and all I had to do was fix it up a little.

#I opened and closed the game and logged in roughly 42 times to get the chat box match the kafra correctly, at the same time making the design look good.

#Equipment/Stats window isn't completely done. I need to rework the design for version 1, but version 2 will be easy.

#Inventory is done. Version 2 might have less stripes.

#Skill bars are done. They're gonna look like that.

#Skill tree needs some work on the lower bar.

#Party/friends window is done.

#Storage window will be updated to resemble npc dialogue/chatbox boxes, I don't have the files yet but have seen a skin that does have it. Maybe Nilami has it too, haven't checked.

#I edit this when I have time, I can't put an estimate on this but I set it as my goal for the coming months in summer to complete version 1 and 2.

#Comments are welcome, I want this skin to be the best yet; please give feedback, I'll fix things as I see them and feel it's appropriate, but more info from others makes things change and be complete faster.

Edited by AtlasThunderbeef, 03 May 2011 - 01:36 PM.

#24 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:40 PM

can you guys upload them to somewhere other than Mega Upload? Cause it always said ive gone over the download limit and i havent downloaded anything from mega upload in at least a year.

#25 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:07 AM

Here you go!

Mediafire Download Link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users