• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gedab

Gedab

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:35 PM

So ive been playing this game for around 2 years now and i think i got my opinion about whole system.
Yes it got inbalances alll the way. firs of all casters.
i think casters are too much op in this game,because the spells(played as ele, defi, mystic, avenger, a bit with templar) i had never seen (realy never)a online game(exept old game wich called D2, tryed play there with a melle class and always got owned by a casters, same smell - different poo)
wich long range spels are cast instantly, every spell wich range was above the atacking range of mele had a casting time, not long(0.5 secs comparing to requiem). my suggestion would be to give every long range spell a casting time , that would make mele class more officient, and word party grind with melees- more sence then casters cant live without melle and melle without casters(heals and stuff). adding instant short range skills with effects for casters would make chances to defence against melle.(there goes staffs/wands physical damage + combining with skills elemental damage).and also making dots stronger would be good.
2nd. Dominators pets should get more stronger , and have skills like taunt of 1 or several mobs, wich makes dominator rlly pet class wich can atack mobs from distance without getting hurt and also stronger dots.
3d thing is rangers. rangers i think are ok(played one too), but one thing makes them op= shooting speed, it should be slower(i mean rlly slower) since hunters deal alot of dmg from long distances(<<done and DONE!). capture monster skill comes in to place holding enemy back
4th assasins(have this char too) the problem would be weak dots. id love to play a sin wich is like silent killer, stunning opponent giving him some strong shots of poison, vanishing and then leaving him to die(ofcourse if he not gettin medications)also skill wich not alowing to heal himself for set period would be preffered.this would make sub assasin classes. one is autoatack wich dont use dots, but have crits and also have to be near victim while atacking wich makes him easy to be atacked , and a dotter wich poisons and then escapes fast and not being near posoned victim. simmilar goes to sr i actualy think they do too much damage in such short time in that case dots should be stronger.
Deffilers (played it for along). are ok since they are almost pure aoe class range is small for aoe, casting speed long, thats makes ballance, they got kazzara , wich would tount(as told above).
thats my oppinion and suggestions for the game(dont saying its perfect). hopes for getting critized but not flamed.

Ps sorry for bad english. and i wish to discuss with you, in civilized way. :)

Edited by Gedab, 06 January 2011 - 05:27 PM.

#2 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:04 PM

Yes assassins are very powerful. Dominators are slowly being made a little stronger and rangers will get a slight nerf on range extentions.
Giving casting times on nukes is bad. It means they have to stop to attack. Most melee are strong enough as they are. In general casters have low defense.

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

Yes, Dominators should be stronger, but they are working on them lately, i guess we will see how it goes soon. As Syre said, rangers are getting a speed penalty soon. Rogues are too strong in pvp, at the point that isnt even fun, because the victim dont have any chance (no chance of detect them and no chance of survive against a rogue of their lvl, unless the target is too well geared): yes, rogues should be able to kill and kill fast but there should be more risk involved.

The problem with give a casting time to all the mages ranged skills is that the melees are alredy powerful, with some exceptions, and mages would have a big disadventage. That could work if they made the dmg of those skills quite bigger, but as it is now, hitting really low against a capped resistances player and with the very high hp of some classes, some mages would be doomed.

As for pve, i agree that something should be done to make the classes work together, and for that matter the idea could work.

Is true that the characters are extemely oped now, compared with how they were at the start of the season 1, but the main problem maybe it isnt the character's strength but the mobs strenght: they are kind of weak, making some classes be able to kill hundreds without risk. But an increase in the risk could be good if come with an increase in the rewards as well.

#4 Gedab

Gedab

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

Yes, Dominators should be stronger, but they are working on them lately, i guess we will see how it goes soon. As Syre said, rangers are getting a speed penalty soon. Rogues are too strong in pvp, at the point that isnt even fun, because the victim dont have any chance (no chance of detect them and no chance of survive against a rogue of their lvl, unless the target is too well geared): yes, rogues should be able to kill and kill fast but there should be more risk involved.

The problem with give a casting time to all the mages ranged skills is that the melees are alredy powerful, with some exceptions, and mages would have a big disadventage. That could work if they made the dmg of those skills quite bigger, but as it is now, hitting really low against a capped resistances player and with the very high hp of some classes, some mages would be doomed.

As for pve, i agree that something should be done to make the classes work together, and for that matter the idea could work.

Is true that the characters are extemely oped now, compared with how they were at the start of the season 1, but the main problem maybe it isnt the character's strength but the mobs strenght: they are kind of weak, making some classes be able to kill hundreds without risk. But an increase in the risk could be good if come with an increase in the rewards as well.

Yes forgot to mention rez cap i think it should be max at 40% or 50%. For stronger mobs you are right also.
for a casting time there is no ways that a warior or a sin or commander gettin to crowd staying alive because you are in range of all crowd. if mages had a casting time a warior wich atacking a crowded area only gets damage from closest enemies wich is mages with insta cast short range skills with effects(slow or stun or whatever) . since the cap would be 40-50% i think mages wouldnt have rlly high disadvantages, yet mages do physical damage + elemental. assassin opnes as you mentioned, can be resolved by putting deffence xeons in yor arrmor. and yes, sin dmg are to fast, making quick atack last for very short period of time should fix dthis thinkin now ability to make it dotter would make more sence. Also forgot to mention the brutal scud that is way too long. im goin in that way that everyone should be hard to kill, not just 3-4 hits wich is not pleasurable at all. casters need to be made more strategic, not just pressing 2 buttons constantly.
most people choosing caster because its alot easier to cap contribution in battle fields(this what made thoughts about casting times more contribution = more damage more damage = more contribution that means casters rlly do more damage to other team than a warior or a sin in same time)ivve rarely seen a sin or a warior wich is capped including me, for cap there is only a few ones with super uber gear but anyway i make cap more faster with my shammy with decent gear than uber melles. Btw thanx for reply :)

Edited by Gedab, 04 January 2011 - 05:14 PM.

#5 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:45 PM

They should stop using resistances as % and just make it a point system.
Percentages skew values a lot more than a point system.

As for most of the PvP.
Usually the person who gets the stun off first will have a 90% of winning. (1 vs 1)
But on many vs many, this is not the same.
- stun the wrong person, can mean your death.
- stun the person, but others still get you.

Most of the inbalance in the PvP are based on 1 vs 1 and not 1 vs many.

PS - Prots need charge & resist self buff. And probably 1 AoE that Defenders has back in S1.

#6 DrAg0r

DrAg0r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationValdes

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:59 AM

Rogues are too strong in pvp, at the point that isnt even fun, because the victim dont have any chance (no chance of detect them and no chance of survive against a rogue of their lvl

This is maybe true for PK or for capped players at anciant ruins, but not for the most played battlefields.

OK in 1v1 rogues are OP but when there is more than one player in front, this become really hard, not impossible but hard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users