is it possible for brandish spear to dish out 50k? - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

is it possible for brandish spear to dish out 50k?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:43 PM

im just want to verify if this is true....i tried to talk this guy i know out of adding 99 str as a rune knight. but he told me by doing so he will able to use brandish to solo mvp, saying he saw some1 dish out 50k with brandish without lex

#2 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:25 PM

It should be possible with Gloomy.
(3x damage)

#3 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:52 PM

gloomy is a bard skill right?

#4 ThedianLongSword

ThedianLongSword

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:02 PM

probably not, the most ive seen anyone hit with brandish is 20k-30k , even with clashing spiral i dont think anyones hit 50k with it

#5 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:13 AM

It does seem possible, although you will probably need to use Megs in order to break the 50k mark for GloomyShyness'ed Brandish Spear. From what I've heard, they've been doing an average of 20k per Brandish Spear with GloomyShyness for most RK's without godly items. This is all including Spear Dynamo and Enchant Blade. Though I'm not sure why you'd use that when you can simply use the Bowling Bash+Ignition Break combo.

@LongSword: Oh it is SO easy to break 50k with Clashing Spiral. I do it all the time with my LK when he gets GloomyShyness. Actually, I did 178k without Lex to ESL at ET the other day with Clashing.

Edited by GuardianTK, 07 January 2011 - 02:15 AM.

#6 Revelat10n

Revelat10n

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:16 AM

It does seem possible, although you will probably need to use Megs in order to break the 50k mark for GloomyShyness'ed Brandish Spear. From what I've heard, they've been doing an average of 20k per Brandish Spear with GloomyShyness for most RK's without godly items. This is all including Spear Dynamo and Enchant Blade. Though I'm not sure why you'd use that when you can simply use the Bowling Bash+Ignition Break combo.

@LongSword: Oh it is SO easy to break 50k with Clashing Spiral. I do it all the time with my LK when he gets GloomyShyness. Actually, I did 178k without Lex to ESL at ET the other day with Clashing.

So it is true that for clashing spiral u need only dex?? I mean I already lvl 68, with str 45, agi 82, vit 3, int 1, dex 35, luk 1, is it to late for me to get the max damage for clashing spiral, thanks TK, if it's too late any recommendation skills instead clasing spears, I already took pierce btw, and of course full spear mastery.

#7 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:15 PM

So it is true that for clashing spiral u need only dex?? I mean I already lvl 68, with str 45, agi 82, vit 3, int 1, dex 35, luk 1, is it to late for me to get the max damage for clashing spiral, thanks TK, if it's too late any recommendation skills instead clasing spears, I already took pierce btw, and of course full spear mastery.

there isnt really a damage formula for clashing spirals, the damage depends one spear mastery, and the weight of your weapon, the best weapon is cardos due to the fact that its the heaviest wep in game, second is hell fire

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:46 PM

The difference between clashing damage with 1 str and 100 str is a few thousand out of ~25-30k damage, which is why people say that you're better off just getting lots of dex for it - the extra damage from str is tiny, whereas more dex will let you cast faster, and hit even harder-to-hit monsters. As LK -> 11x RK, you can 1-shot monsters of significantly higher level than you, and thus get the 10 level bonus. But of course this requires dex to hit them. Naturally you also need an SP solution (rideword + nyd is usually sufficient).

there isnt really a damage formula for clashing spirals, the damage depends one spear mastery, and the weight of your weapon, the best weapon is cardos due to the fact that its the heaviest wep in game, second is hell fire

If it depends on spear mastery, the difference is insignificant.

The damage formula has been posted, and it depends on your attack and the weapon weight. Weapon weight is vastly more important to damage, because of what looks like a parenthesis error in the formula.

Best weapon is cardo, followed by Hunting Spear, followed by Poll Axe. Hellfire is one of many 250-weight 2 hand spears - suffering from both comparatively low weight, and being 2-handed.

#9 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:37 PM

If you have parry you might just want to use a claymore instead, it also weighs 250 and at least you can use parry with it.

Although CS doesn't need strength to do good damage I couldn't personally recommend doing a pure CS build as you would be completely reliant on CS and dragon breath.
Though they are good attacks, but training up from a LK to a RK with dragon breath without a mobbing attack until then will be hell.

#10 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:59 PM

If you have parry you might just want to use a claymore instead, it also weighs 250 and at least you can use parry with it.

Although CS doesn't need strength to do good damage I couldn't personally recommend doing a pure CS build as you would be completely reliant on CS and dragon breath.
Though they are good attacks, but training up from a LK to a RK with dragon breath without a mobbing attack until then will be hell.

Atlas if you ever plan to CS as a 2H. Not Claymores. Claymores suck for CS. xD Krasnaya is a good option too(The best 2H sword for CS at the moment). Actually, Krasnaya is probably the most balanced for use for CS and just plain ctrl clicking attacking.

I don't agree on your opinion on a pure CS build. The "pure CS build" you're thinking of probably includes Dragon Breath. If they plan to only pvm/mvp, they can just do the "All around 100 str/vit/dex/int with rest into Agi build." This setup makes it so you're not completely reliant on CS. Dragon Breath is taken out of the equation, but you can really make use of Runes/Bowling Bash/Ignition Break. And with the rest of the points into Agi at level 150, this stat build would allow an RK to mess around with 2H swords as well.

Although...leveling until you get Ignition Break would be slow. Bowling Bash still does nice damage though. And it can be spammed faster than Dragon Breath. You wouldn't need much of a significant setup compared to Dragon Breath to make Bowling Bash leveling until Ignition Break easy either.

#11 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:26 PM

I was just saying that using a claymore instead of a hellfire for CS would be better since they have the same weight but a plain claymore is easier to get and still allows for use of parry, if they have it of course.
I'm not saying that one should be using a claymore just for CS but if you can't get your hands on anything better yet then it's not a bad choice.

I believe there's even a quest to make a claymore.

Edited by Krispin, 09 February 2011 - 04:40 PM.

#12 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:57 PM

I was just saying that using a claymore instead of a hellfire for CS would be better since they have the same weight but a plain claymore is easier to get and still allows for use of parry, if they have it of course.
I'm not saying that one should be using a claymore just for CS but if you can't get your hands on anything better yet then it's not a bad choice.

I believe there's even a quest to make a claymore.

True...And those VVS elemental Claymores have gone down in price lately as well.

On another note, I really do hope they fix the VVS smithed weapons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users