Laner

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdetrarine

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:10 PM

What is the point of having % speed on boots anyway? So that lower levels run slower, contributing to their death ratio? So people that chose to wear FoC gear, don't get the benefits of higher lvls? Or is it just an attempt to get rid of s1 items?
Don't in the end (assuming we all get tyrant boots) we run at the same speed and are back to square one?
Really though...what is the point.
I'm just thinking if you got rid of the stupid boot speed, it would be easier to assess who is speed hacking and who is not.
Because everytime you accuse someone of speedhacking , they can use the excuse of wearing tyrant boots. And it's hard to figure out who is the hacker. I'm just tired of people flying like bats out of hell.
I think it would be better if we all ran at the same speed.
What do you think?

#2 EphraimWitchwood

EphraimWitchwood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAt my computer. Like, all the time.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:14 PM

What is the point of having % speed on boots anyway? So that lower levels run slower, contributing to their death ratio? So people that chose to wear FoC gear, don't get the benefits of higher lvls? Or is it just an attempt to get rid of s1 items?
Don't in the end (assuming we all get tyrant boots) we run at the same speed and are back to square one?
Really though...what is the point.
I'm just thinking if you got rid of the stupid boot speed, it would be easier to assess who is speed hacking and who is not.
Because everytime you accuse someone of speedhacking , they can use the excuse of wearing tyrant boots. And it's hard to figure out who is the hacker. I'm just tired of people flying like bats out of hell.
I think it would be better if we all ran at the same speed.
What do you think?

It would be better from a balance standpoint, but isn't running really fast without a mount part of the fun? :D

#3 Laner

Laner

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valdetrarine

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:15 PM

It would be better from a balance standpoint, but isn't running really fast without a mount part of the fun? :D

No. Not for me anyway. XD

#4 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:55 AM

Maybe they could also add a jump range bonus in the boots: a lesser version of what i suggest in the The Nightmare Begins.

The speed bonus goes from 1.0% to 10.0%, the jump rane increase could go from 10.0% to 100.0%: wich would be to jump 2 times what we jump now.

#5 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:38 AM

i think they should lower casters boots by 2% each lvl of armor thats given. this will give any meles a better chance of keepin up with the op casters and slow the hoping bunnies down a bit. i kinda mean that if 65 mele sets get 8% then casters should get 6%. if there was any confusion.... with slower movement speed theres no reason a caster couldnt jump farther. :D

Edited by sonemere, 08 August 2010 - 08:20 PM.

#6 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:43 AM

Well, viewed in that way, the increase in the jump range wouldnt be a good thing neither :unsure:

#7 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:03 AM

i think they should lower casters boots by 2% each lvl of armor thats given. this will give any meles a better chance of keepin up with the op casters and slow the hoping bunnies down a bit. i kinda mean that if 65 mele sets get 8% then casters should get 6%. if there was any confusion.... with slower movement speed theres no reason a caster couldnt jump farther. :)

Melees have dashes and stuns for that.

#8 DrAg0r

DrAg0r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationValdes

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:45 AM

Yes But this is harder to melee stun someone with the lag, For exemple, with most of stuns the range is 4m so melee need to be very close to the opponent, and with lags, people aren't at the place that they seems to be on the player screen, so stun don't be active. And guys run after the casters spamming the key of stun and watching the "target is out of range" message sometimes for a long time.

#9 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:53 AM

Yes, i also suggest here http://forums.warppo...-ultimate-gear/ that the strongest speed ornament shouldnt work in combat, or at least they shoud balance the gear to give melees an adventage in defense and hp, since atm the mage strongest armors have the same hp than the melee ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users