#1 BlackOut420

BlackOut420

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdez

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:58 PM

Well after downloading this game then running as admin it popd up downloading update to 19 percent then a pop up said old file or something dont remember cuz im downloading it again now.... i went through sum steps that i found on this site like deleting launcher, patch and patch-wall tired to do it again and it popd up sum Chinese letters im not sure im trying it 1 more time and ill let u no... can anyone help me out???

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:24 AM

Let me understand, you installed it and what fails is the update? Wich windows do you have?

Look at my signature, there is a button that said "show", press it and it will display several links that may help you.

#3 Mioku

Mioku

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:19 AM

Let me understand, you installed it and what fails is the update? Wich windows do you have?

Look at my signature, there is a button that said "show", press it and it will display several links that may help you.

Well, I've spent about 4 hours trying to download this game and play, and it's just now giving me problems. I first downloaded the setup file from the officail web site link. saved the file to my HD. ran the setup.. which took a lil bit of time.. after I finished installation, the game needed to update before play ( I expected as much) after an hour and a half of updating the game.. the update failed with an error saying "Old file does not exist: (SYSTEM\Utils.dll)" really kinda sucked after an hour and a half of an update just to fail at 91%. I am running windows xp. I don't understand the error completely. now I am curious if I have to start my 4 hour process over again from a fresh install or not. and what installer should be used. or if I should use manuel patchs or what. ... this game is already killing itself for me.

#4 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:26 AM

Try to manual patch. Download the needed patchs and place them all in the Patches folder inside the Requiem folder (if the folder doesnt exist, create it). Be sure that you unzip the patches (if are zipped).

Also, you can follow this guide: http://forums.warppo...-mori-work-100/

#5 Mioku

Mioku

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:33 AM

Would there happen to be a list of patches I'd need somewhere. I mean, I have a "fresh" install.. I assume I should delete everything within the patch folder before I start adding the manuel patches into it. but do I only need the last patch files, or are there a few patches I need for a "first time" patch? edit Sorry, I just seen the first page of the manual patch thread. I skipped to the last page at first thinking the links would be there, but I think I understand now. I'm going to give it a go. tyvm for the assist.

Edited by Mioku, 10 January 2011 - 05:40 AM.

#6 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:43 AM

If is a fresh install and you need to put them all inside the folder, without exceptions.

You can find the patches here: http://forums.warppo...file-downloads/

If isnt a fresh install, go to the requiem folder and open the Version.dat file with Notepad and see what it said inside: do not modify anything there, just check it. The last 3 numbers of the patch version are the latest patch, from there, you must download the rest.

There are 2 ways to manual patch.

In the first one, you just download all the patches and place them in the Patches folder and run the updaterusa.exe file in the requiem folder to start the update.

The 2nd is by modifying the Version.dat file, for that, you must place all the patches in the Patches folder like in the 1st way but before you run the updaterusa.exe, you must open the Version.dat file with Notepad and change the 3 last numbers of the UserPatchVersion, atm it would be UserPatchVersion=00000382; but under any sircunstances change the UserGameVersion, because the game would get corrupted. Then save and exit, and run the updaterusa.exe

All this is better explained here: http://forums.warppo...-mori-work-100/

If all fails, and even the guide there dont help you, you also can try the unoficial patcher: http://forums.warppo...ficial-patcher/

#7 Mioku

Mioku

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:12 AM

I just wanted to point this out, I opened my version.dat file and found that the version I have says 372 of both game and patcher, or I would assume the new client setup.exe prolly has a few missing files from previous patches.. and.. not that I think it will help to say it. I am still compelled to do so; Gravity, I think you might have a better time attracting new players by helping new players into the game easier. I understand patching can have a lot of flaws, I used to make many lines of scrip and various codes for oblivion. So I have a taste at how many opportunities there are to make a mistake. but I also think once a bug has been discovered with a solution, it is best to clear the bug and resolve it. In this case, if the newest game client has a few missing files, it shouldn't take much to patch it and switch places with the "download game client" button on the main page of Requiem's official website.

#8 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:32 AM

Mine said:

UserGameVersion=00000382;
UserPatchVersion=00000382;

If yours said

UserGameVersion=00000372;
UserPatchVersion=00000372;

Try to edit it and leave it in:

UserGameVersion=00000372;
UserPatchVersion=00000382;

Once that is done, run the updaterusa.exe to see if the game patches. If it doesnt then download the manual patches from 372 to the last one and place them all in the Patches folder and then run the updaterusa.exe again.

Wich window do you have? Because in Vista and Seven, if you install in the Program Files folder, some times the security options of that folder make it hard to patch correctly. See more in the guides linked in my signature (press the button that said "show").

#9 Mioku

Mioku

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:32 PM

Welp. I am doing what I can to solve my updating problem. I have done each solution you have provided. this is my resualt.
I had manually added the "fresh install" patches from the manual patch thread's first page (unpacked into the patch folder) then I had tried the usaupdatexe thing and it still didn't go through. So I changed the version of the *patcher* to 382 and left the game version untouched. it tried to update but failed due to the same "old file does not exist" error. Then I tried the unofficial patcher you had linked, and though it took a while (due to rechecking all the game files) it was able to get the game running! woohoo! I started playing just fine (after it successfully updated to version 382) I reached level 13 and started heading for my last quest of the area when I realised no mmonsters were spawning.. I only seen terrain.. no players.. no mobs.. no click nodes at all.. so I ran back to the tower quest place area.. and the npc's loaded just fine, but the monsters were not loading.. I could still use chat, and I seen 1 player run by me, so.. I knew I was still connected to the game servers. I figured maybe I need to relog or something. so.... I logged out and when I tried to launch the game useing the "Official launcher" rather than the unofficial launcher (to avoid the rechecking of my files... don't want to wait an hour before I can relog -.- ) the official launcher tried to update again and gave me the same "old file does not exist" error that I was getting before the unofficial launcher. So.... needless to say I am very disappointed. I really enjoyed this game. and would REALLY love to play it. but if I cannot log into the game without this annoying error sucking up hours of potential gameplay I'd rather go play a different mmo. I hope for a resolution to this error, not just for me, but for all the new people who might be having this problem. I am useing windows xp. I downloaded, and installed, and updated with no windows firewall, and no anti-virus active. if there is any other information I can provide to help solve this problem, please let me know.

Okay, I am relieved to say I tried something that I should have tried before I posted, but as long as I launch from the "Unofficial Launcher" I can bypass the failed update error, and the best part is, it does NOT check the files (or at least it doesn't download and take time to check..) SO! I will be enjoying my RMM experience, tyvm for helping me find a solution for my error, and I hope others may find this thread useful.

btw, I am "Mioku" in-game, playing of the pvp server (forgot the name) If anyone see's me say hi! or if you got a problem.. well. post it! unlike a lot of forums I've been to with free games, this forums contains a helpful community <3

Edited by Mioku, 10 January 2011 - 03:42 PM.

#10 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:22 AM

Nice to see that you could play the game =)

Also, if the game give you troubles to update is always good to check the firewall, anti-virus and DEP options, because probably something is blocking it. Maybe i am lucky but i only had trouble to update the game long time ago and was only 2 times. Too see more about that, check here https://support.warp...ng-requiem.aspx

But if the game is working now, maybe is better to leave it like that and dont touch anything XD

#11 Mioku

Mioku

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:57 AM

Nice to see that you could play the game =)

Also, if the game give you troubles to update is always good to check the firewall, anti-virus and DEP options, because probably something is blocking it. Maybe i am lucky but i only had trouble to update the game long time ago and was only 2 times. Too see more about that, check here https://support.warp...ng-requiem.aspx

But if the game is working now, maybe is better to leave it like that and dont touch anything XD

I installed and updated with firewall and anti-virus software turned off to prevent issues. (never really had a prob without turning them off, but better safe than sorry with known safe downloads imo) DEP or "Data Execution Prevention is available on most modern processors. My processor does not have this feature, however, with windows sp2 or higher, you get a soft ware version which does the same thing. This tool works mainly with memory leak issues which have nothing to do with the updater issue explained in this thread. and quite frankly, to my knowledge errors caused by DEP will clearly state that DEP stopped program "xxxxxx" from attempting to execute (binary language here)
from looking at how the two launchers work, (unofficial and official) I think the official client is trying to update files that do not exist for first time users. (or if someone reinstalled) which again.. is easy to fix, but alas, Gravity is otherwise occupied and seems to not see a reason to fix it since there is a working solution available. (which I imagine the playerbase of RMM is over-all greatful for.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users