3 replies to this topic

#1 invazn

invazn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:40 AM

Here are just some PVP-related proposals/suggestions. I am not going to address balancing issues in here. These are just possible additions/improvements that could make PVP more convenient and enjoyable.

-Lobby Chat
Something for PVPers to communicate to perhaps set up a game with each other. Also, would allow people who are in lobby to still be able to read chat (friends, guild, etc.) as we are currently unable to do so unless we are in a room.

-Minimum Level Cap
We already have a maximum level cap, so it shouldn't be hard to add a minimum. I am sure a lot of people have experienced times when low-levels come in and immediately readies, totally ignoring the fact that they do not belong in the room as they stand no chance against his/her opponent(s).

-Able to Kick When Ready
Even when a player readies, he/she should still be able to be kicked. This suggestion derives from the previous point. Sometimes people who are just being really stubborn needs to go. Of course, this may cause an issue where the room host kicks someone and presses start immediately, which creates an unfair match. But I think the option to do so is still quite beneficial.

-Able to Assign Leader When Ready
Like last one, a player should still be able to be assigned as room host even when he/she is ready.

-Invite All Button
We had this back in THQ, would be nice if it was brought back. Saves time from inviting one by one.

-Room Title
Weird how default names have punctuations in it yet room titles are not allowed to contain any. Not a big deal, but just a little "ugh" when we can't create a room because it contains inappropriate characters.

-Elimination Rounds
Ability to change the number of rounds for elimination games. Again, not necessary, just an extra feature.

-Chat Does Not Appear In F10
This is more like a fix. When I go into F10 mode, sometimes chat does not appear in the box after I un-F10. Should be fixed.

(Will add more if I or people come up with more)

#2 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:07 AM

Here are just some PVP-related proposals/suggestions. I am not going to address balancing issues in here. These are just possible additions/improvements that could make PVP more convenient and enjoyable.

-Lobby Chat
Something for PVPers to communicate to perhaps set up a game with each other. Also, would allow people who are in lobby to still be able to read chat (friends, guild, etc.) as we are currently unable to do so unless we are in a room.

-Minimum Level Cap
We already have a maximum level cap, so it shouldn't be hard to add a minimum. I am sure a lot of people have experienced times when low-levels come in and immediately readies, totally ignoring the fact that they do not belong in the room as they stand no chance against his/her opponent(s).

-Able to Kick When Ready
Even when a player readies, he/she should still be able to be kicked. This suggestion derives from the previous point. Sometimes people who are just being really stubborn needs to go. Of course, this may cause an issue where the room host kicks someone and presses start immediately, which creates an unfair match. But I think the option to do so is still quite beneficial.

-Able to Assign Leader When Ready
Like last one, a player should still be able to be assigned as room host even when he/she is ready.

-Invite All Button
We had this back in THQ, would be nice if it was brought back. Saves time from inviting one by one.

-Room Title
Weird how default names have punctuations in it yet room titles are not allowed to contain any. Not a big deal, but just a little "ugh" when we can't create a room because it contains inappropriate characters.

-Elimination Rounds
Ability to change the number of rounds for elimination games. Again, not necessary, just an extra feature.

-Chat Does Not Appear In F10
This is more like a fix. When I go into F10 mode, sometimes chat does not appear in the box after I un-F10. Should be fixed.

(Will add more if I or people come up with more)

A solution for the kicking problem would be to just make it so that you may not start the match for 5 seconds upon kicking a player.

To elaborate on the chat issue, when someone says something (whether it be all, friend, or guild), it does not show up in the chat log upon exiting F10 mode.

Edited by Yurai, 10 January 2011 - 06:07 AM.

#3 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:41 AM

-Lobby Chat

I find it somewhat amusing that we don't have this yet, as it is perhaps the most obvious addition one could make to the PvP system. It seems painfully obvious that not being able to chat in the lobby is a problem -- especially when reloading the PvP system can take a good 10 seconds. So annoying.

I long for the days when we'll be able to keep up w/ guild conversations while waiting for a match to open up.

Also, here's another idea: It would be awesome if, rather than saying "In PvP" or w/e, rooms w/ matches that are currently in progress listed which round the game was in, or the score -- so when you're considering waiting for a room to open up, you don't sit around for twenty minutes, fearing that if you leave the lobby for even a moment you'll miss your chance to get in for the next match.

#4 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:...

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

Spectator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users