Archer to Dancer and beyond! (questions) - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Archer to Dancer and beyond! (questions)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 SisterBelle

SisterBelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationArkansas, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:49 PM

I'm an on and off RO player, and I'm about to attempt to get a dancer character going, with either no or little PvP.
She'll mostly be for leveling and exploration.
However, with renewal and my own ignorance, I'm rather curious about the following...

1. Can a solo dancer/gypsy(?)/wanderer be decently helpful for PvM groups?
I don't plan on having a bard partner, but I'm wondering if people will even want to group up with me if I don't duet.

2. I hear dexterity has changed quite a bit with renewal.
Should I still invest mostly in DEX for this character?

3. I THINK I've read that you can go do the third job quest without transcending first.
Is it wise or unwise to transcend to gypsy before becoming a wanderer in this case?

4. Which solo dances are must haves for grouping up?

5. And finally...stats!
Is it still mostly dexterity and agility, with a a little bit of vitality and intelligence?

Thank ya!

#2 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

I don't plan on having a bard partner, but I'm wondering if people will even want to group up with me if I don't duet.

3. I THINK I've read that you can go do the third job quest without transcending first.
Is it wise or unwise to transcend to gypsy before becoming a wanderer in this case?

5. And finally...stats!
Is it still mostly dexterity and agility, with a a little bit of vitality and intelligence?

Thank ya!

1) I suggest making a bard , for the sole reason of having strings

2) Two different builds , Dex/immunities ( Vit + Int ) or Dex/chaining ( Agi )

3) You can , and unlike most I will suggest this for anyone who is a very casual player. Most of the trans skills for gypsy suck

4) Strings ( bard ) , Classic Plunk ( duet )

5) 150/50 builds are as follows

100 dex , 100 vit , 100 int , 100 agi , either focusing on dex/agi first or dex/vit/int

#3 SisterBelle

SisterBelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationArkansas, USA

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:49 PM

I've read a bit more about the dancer classes, and according to IROwiki they're more efficient at disrupting enemies than buffing allies.
Any input on that?

EDIT: How does this build look?
Built based on what I need before becoming a wanderer, and had two points left for two duets.
http://web.hc.keio.a...skill3/dan.html
(think I messed up on the link, it's slot 2 the build I'm talking about)

Edited by SisterBelle, 18 January 2011 - 08:00 PM.

#4 Dominyanno

Dominyanno

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:45 AM

Dancer, not rly (sensing/GK). Gypsy maybe (sensing/GK), Wanderer yes as a killer or somewhat of a buffer with gloomy and a couple other songs. You might not plan on having a bard partner but i'd still try to get at least sensing for duet.

I think you should still max dex as dancer/gypsy, not sure about wanderer since i havent made it that far on my maestro but i plan on 120 base dex its just so expensive right now.

I think every character should trans, you'd be missing out not just on the hp/sp boost. Everybody hates it but i still love AV and Tarot.

Gypsys Kiss, maybe Focus Ballet? But if u head toward Classical Puck and Sensing as duets you're probably gonna lose out on some song levels.

5. And finally...stats!

IMO 99agi/99dex as dancer (I did 80 dex, 99 agi, rest int as bard). 99dex/80vit/60int gypsy. 120dex/100vit/100int/restLuk wanderer.

Thank ya!

#5 SisterBelle

SisterBelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationArkansas, USA

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:45 AM

Why do wanderer's need luck?

#6 Dominyanno

Dominyanno

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:27 PM

More ATK, Perf Dodge, Hit, Status resist... Agi adds some to SR damage but going by the debate on the wiki forums its like nothing compared to luck. It just seems like a better all around stat to add in the end. More Vit/Int seems too expensive and not worth it, Str is rly only needed for weight but theres gym passes for that and Agi isnt rly that great, u wont be fleeing like a sin or ctrl clicking either. I think going by a calculator with 120dex/100int/100vit you end up with like 56 base luk or something.

Edit: forgot to mention Luk adds to all damage because it raises ATK but Agi would only add damage to SR but still not much.

Edited by Dominyanno, 19 January 2011 - 12:29 PM.

#7 SisterBelle

SisterBelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationArkansas, USA

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:31 PM

Oh, okay, cool, thanks for the info.

#8 SisterBelle

SisterBelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationArkansas, USA

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:57 PM

I messed with another skill simulator, one that includes gypsy and wanderer/diva.
Just kinda got the skills I'm interested in having, so I'm not sure if this suits a PvE character or WoE or whatever.
Might go pvp or woe sometime, but I'm mostly for exploring locations and fighting monsters.

http://irowiki.org/~...skill4/wan.html

(tell me if I didn't paste this right :) )

Got quite a mix of stuff, some for hindering enemies, some for buffing allies, and even some attack stuff for the times I'm forced to solo.
Kinda aiming for an 'all around' build, not the best at anything but can fill a certain role if needed.

And yes, got some duets as a dancer after all.

Edited by SisterBelle, 20 January 2011 - 12:58 PM.

#9 Dominyanno

Dominyanno

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:05 PM

Its not pasted right. When you do ur skills click "URL" in the top right next to the "Save Load Reset ...". Copy the url it gives u there and paste it here.

#10 SisterBelle

SisterBelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationArkansas, USA

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

Its not pasted right. When you do ur skills click "URL" in the top right next to the "Save Load Reset ...". Copy the url it gives u there and paste it here.

Thanks for telling me!
Let's see if I can get this working right...

http://irowiki.org/~...xrsafqnbsbn4kwY

#11 Dominyanno

Dominyanno

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:49 PM

Without spending much time on this i changed a few things. http://irowiki.org/~...xrbrDdnbsbn4kwY
Not perfect but some of the stuff you had in wanderer skills werent needed.

Death valley at 5 is overkill ist sort of a last resort skill. I have it at level 1 and it says it drains 50% sp on res, 90% chance to res (rarely fails).

Circle of Nature is PvP only i think and can stay at 3, doesnt seem that useful.

Sirens Voice 5 is EXTREMELY useful. I love it. It seems like some of the 3rd skills haev separate cool downs so i cast AV or another skill and can almost immediatly Siren and hopefully make a mob/player become friendly before i get killed. Its very useful.

Gloomy Shyness 5 is also a must if u plan to party.

Deep Sleep Lullaby is a must at 5 if u plan to pvp but it can only be used on pvp maps.

Improvised Song can stay at 1, you'll never use it unless ur just messni around bein bored.

Despair Song at 3 is more than enough its useful at times and can be cast on someone already captured so u can hold them forever as long as u have the catalyst (or they're not a snap champ/hide ninja/backslide sin).

Lowered Hip Shaker to 3 but im not sure about the skill ive never had a dancer.

Leftover points in trans build i put to GK since i think itd be at least a little helpful.

This isnt perfect or probably not even great theres probably others who have a more efficient build for wanderer im just going by what i know of the skills so far. You should probably check this thread to see other peoples opinions on the skills, its pretty helpful. http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=66491

Heres my planned Maestro build: http://web.hc.keio.a...DdnbsdAandAakwY
You can compare the common skills if u want.

Edited by Dominyanno, 20 January 2011 - 07:06 PM.

#12 SisterBelle

SisterBelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationArkansas, USA

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:38 AM

Thank you very much for the input!
This looks great!

#13 SisterBelle

SisterBelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationArkansas, USA

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:23 PM

Here's an update!
My archer just turned dancer at job 41, so she maxed all the skills she put any points into.
Her skills are the three basics I figure all archers need, plus Improved Concentration.
Her stats are currently 60something dex with everything else 10 or lower.
Since I'm a dancer now, should I keep putting the points in dex till it's around 80-90, or should I start on int?

#14 Dominyanno

Dominyanno

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:03 PM

I really dont wanna give u any bad advice about leveling so im just gonna tell u how i 99ed. I went like even agi/dex til about 60 then pumped agi to 90, then dex to 80 then some int (not much), then 99ed my agi. I think my dex was 80 or 90 at lvl 99. It was slow but i figured agi was easier than going dex/int for ds spam. Id ask around tho in other places and on irowiki.org forums they probably give better advice. I ended up doing metalings til 90 or so then went to stapo map in veins when i could and 99ed there. Its gonna be slow leveling no matter what but nothing like pre renewal. If you do go agi, invest in undershirt/pantie combo if ur poor or ungeared. Good luck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users