Improve Intelligence's effect on Buffs - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Improve Intelligence's effect on Buffs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

As we all have noticed, striving to get those extra points in int for your bufffing cleric makes very little (if any) difference. It's something that I know alot of people would like an improvement on. Anyway...

Currently the rate of int:stat for each cleric/muse buff are as follows:

Hustle Charm: 30% + 1 INT = 0.095 M-Speed or 10.53 INT = 1 M-Speed
Buff pot: 35%

Precision Charm: 20% + 1 INT = 0.03125 Accuracy or 32 int = 1 Accuracy
Buff pot: 25%

Resilience Charm: 20% + 1 INT = .0475 Defense or 21.05 INT = 1 Defense

Wallop Charm: 15% + 1 INT = 0.03125 ap or 32 INT = 1 Attack Power
~

Battle Charm: 30% + 1 INT = 0.0315% A-Speed or 31.75 INT = 1% A-Speed
Buff pot: 30%

Critical Charm: 20% + 1 INT = 0.03125 Critical or 32 INT = 1 Critical

Evasive Charm: 20% + 1 INT = 0.08 dodge or 12.5 INT = 1 Dodge

Clobber Charm: 25% + 1 INT = 0.06375 ap or 15.69 INT = 1 Attack Power
Buff pot: 30%

Blessed Mind: 20% HP/MP

Spending hundreds of mil's to get a single stat point (or no stat points) higher from your buff is trivial. Especially considering how slowly many of these stats scale in actual combat.

The difference between terrible int, and perfect int is laughable at times: there is a 54 ap on clobber charm difference between 50 int and 900 int.

Also, buff potions outclass most cleric buffs anyway. Attack power, Defense, (Magic defense), Accuracy, HP, MP, Dodge, Crit, Mspeed will always surpass a cleric's buff no matter how high the int, if you stat is high enough. Attack speed is the only buff of a clerics that will be greater than a buff pot.

The main reason for this is because cleric/muse buffs have a lower base percent buff and the only part that increases with high int is the (small) solid number along with it. However, I do not propose all cleric buffs to be greater than buff pots, I only propose that int effect buffs more so that a cleric with very high int will grant a higher buff than what a buff potion yields.

With that in mind it could be somethng like this....

Hustle Charm: 50 + (1 INT = 0.037% M-Speed or 27.027 INT = 1% M-Speed)

Precision Charm: 50 + (1 INT = 0.025% Accuracy or 40 int = 1% Accuracy)

Resilience Charm: 100 + (1 INT = .025% Defense or 40 INT = 1% Defense)

Wallop Charm: 25 + (1 INT = 0.025% ap or 40 INT = 1% Attack Power)

Battle Charm: 20% + (1 INT = 0.05% A-Speed or 20 INT = 1% A-Speed)

Critical Charm: 50 crit +(1 INT = 0.025% Critical or 40 INT = 1% Critical

Evasive Charm: 50 dodge + (1 INT = 0.025% dodge or 40 INT = 1% Dodge)

Clobber Charm: 75 Attack Power + (1 INT = 0.033 % ap or 30.303 INT = 1% Attack Power)

Blessed Mind: 10% HP/MP + (1 INT = .02% HP/MP or 50 int = 1% HP/MP)

But how will this look after buffing? Lets take Clobber Charm for example. With 400 int it would grant 13.2% ap + 75. Lower than it is now yes, and with 900 int it will equal 29.7% ap + 75, which would translate to slightly more than an attack power buff potion. While you might say 'that is too low for 400 int' it might be, but should a cleric with 400 int and a cleric with 900 be so close in buffing power like they are now?

Obviously, the rate could be adjusted, it is only a suggestion, however I do feel int should effect the percent of the buff and not the solid number.

Also, one other situation that comes to mind is that with increasingly high int, cleric buffs will surpass certain character self buffs, which may or may not be a good thing.

Anyway, lets hear everyones thoughts.

#2 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:22 PM

+1

2 gr8 posts in 1 day
good going

hope that the devs wud care to read it

i must have taken some good efforts to make it

#3 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:14 PM

Great idea G. I have proposed that for awhile now. Glad you put it as it's own post. It seems rediculous that we try so hard to get high int and it effects so little. If our buffs were effected by our int more we would be more support and more would want to party with clerics. And I think that if you get close to the highest int, say maybe 850+ your buffs should be better than self buffs and definitely better than buff pots. That too would encourage ppl to party with clerics.

If other classes obtain their highest main stat they get rewards for it - raiders get dex so they don't get hit, knights get the def so they are hard to kill, etc. If clerics obtain the highest int they get to heal a bit better....that is it.

Hope they do something about it soon and don't put it lower on the list of things to do.

#4 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:20 PM

Posted Image

#5 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:26 PM

Here is what I proposed awhile ago. I think int should influence buffs as you proposed but I also think that the following would help people accept it more with the IM buffs on atk clerics and mages.

Increase Int influence - is there a way to have int effect both in game and IM buffs? One of the biggest complaints of people is that mages and attack clerics can get the IM buffs and reset to just keep the IM buffs and use the saved SP for other things. I have no problem with that and they have already purchased the IM buffs so it's not like you can take them away. But what if there was more of an incentive to keep your maxed in game buffs then it would be a reward for FS clerics and would help FS clerics be able to get in parties more.

For example, a lvl 215 cleric with high int (800+) would get the increased int bonus to buffs. So lets say their in game acc buff would increase acc by 20%. Then their IM buff should too. But if that cleric has maxed the in game buffs and has the party buffs the increase would be maybe 25 or 30% for each. If the cleric reset and only had the IM buffs they would just get the base 20% acc. But if that cleric went battle the int would be decreased (since a lot of battle clerics rely on str or dex too so int maybe 500) their IM buff might just give 15%. They would still have the IM buffs but they would be less % bonus depending on their int and they would not get the bonus for having the max in game buffs and the IM buffs. That would also effect the mage buffs because of the int and getting rid of the in game buffs. That way battle clerics and mages would not be OP from buffs, people would complain less and FS clerics int would have a very wanted and needed increased effect. I hope that makes sense.

Edited by Bendersmom, 20 January 2011 - 01:33 PM.

#6 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

Posted Image

lmao :)

The proposal is is nice the only thing i actually have a cleric for is Add dmg+Aspd thats about it nothin else is really necessary because if i needed it i would just use a buff pot;which makes int clerics kinda useless..

#7 angrynull

angrynull

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • LocationSubSpace
  • Server:Both

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:22 AM

Bump
and
+1
and
+5 stars

great idea.

Edited by angrynull, 23 January 2011 - 09:22 AM.

#8 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:01 AM

Then don't bother with int unless you're an fs cleric. you can choose between good buffs or better offensive/defensive stats. The real story is make cleric buffs better or equal to buffpots. The point of a buffpot should be so that a player can get buffs without a cleric for a price, they shouldn't be a better version of the cleric.

#9 None

None

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 02:28 PM

Leave int as it is. Id rather they fix the current bugs before changing things first. Even something like adding more storage space the devs fail at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users