angrynull

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • LocationSubSpace
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Both

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:09 PM

For users who play on both servers it's really unfortunate to have to keep rebuilding instead of recycling our stuff. I suggest a cupon which gives the ability to write to a database that is account bound and independent on the world server(s). I WILL BLOW A KISS AT YOUR ASS IF YOU MAKE THIS PLZ. THANKS.

#2 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:25 PM

Both the character and world servers for Leonis and Draconis are completely independent of each other, it's the equivalent of having two different games in one. The only thing that makes them appear joined is the login server which acts as a centralized authenticator and lobby to select the server you wish to play on.

#3 angrynull

angrynull

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • LocationSubSpace
  • Server:Both

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

Both the character and world servers for Leonis and Draconis are completely independent of each other, it's the equivalent of having two different games in one. The only thing that makes them appear joined is the login server which acts as a centralized authenticator and lobby to select the server you wish to play on.

Thanks for responding so pomptly, David.

I know that they are two different servers and two different databases, respectively. I meant account bound and not character bound. So that the other database behaves similar to the query for the Mileage/ItemMall database - that way they are shared no matter which world server you are using (128.241.92.50 and 128.241.92.23 can access or can be accessed by the uniform storage controller). So Access to rw perms can be sold in a coupon.

Is this infeasible because of physical resources? I don't understand why it is so impractical ;( It would be so easy to make. You could even inc the amount of records on Mileage database, and write a function that writes 'stores' itemInfo (hide it in a new fancy tab to make it look like its somewhere else if it really matters w/e) to a place where both my characters can share the same stuff.

That is what I meant. Why is that out of the realm of practicality and possibility?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users