#1 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:53 PM

As anyone playing recently knows, a (15) isn't worth squat anymore. Getting lisents takes zero effort and they are almost worthless. DoD is also kind of an over powered map, and this also touches on that.

First off make catalysts work on a curving scale. Grade 1 items get 120% the normal catalyst amount, grade two get 110% leading down to 40% on grade 8 items. Special flat rare lisents ranging from 1%-1.8% would be an alternative to the slashed rates at high level gear. They wouldn't drop like rain, and would probably be 5-10m a piece. (at least!) The big thing is they would drop at high levels very rarely, and they also drop in Luna/Xita Refuge on 110-140 mobs, aka the "undesirable" maps compared to DoD.

#2 angrynull

angrynull

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • LocationSubSpace
  • Server:Both

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:02 PM

well.. the 'damage' has been done. nothing changed now will fix the past.

#3 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:47 PM

well.. the 'damage' has been done. nothing changed now will fix the past.

you're right, what happened really can't be fixed. "You can't change the past, but you can control your future." someday there will be 9th grade items, and possibly 10th. that will mean common lisents will only have 30%-20% of their normal worth on those items, and the only way to refine will be the rare and low % special lisents. They just need a big jump between 200 gear and something else that will be better, and actually costs 2b-3b a piece.

#4 angrynull

angrynull

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • LocationSubSpace

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

you're right, what happened really can't be fixed. "You can't change the past, but you can control your future." someday there will be 9th grade items, and possibly 10th. that will mean common lisents will only have 30%-20% of their normal worth on those items, and the only way to refine will be the rare and low % special lisents. They just need a big jump between 200 gear and something else that will be better, and actually costs 2b-3b a piece.

To fix this problem probably requires a lot of work. With the wrong stats (being too high) a miscalculation could ruin the game if it's too OP. I think there is a cap for a reason. Increasing a cap takes more work than it seems; else we will have bugs everywhere. I know this bc i have a rose 'thing' I play on for development purposes and it's easy to break if you make something too OP. ;x Just saying.. it's prolly the same issue with the real rose game.

Edited by angrynull, 24 January 2011 - 04:50 PM.

#5 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:59 PM

To fix this problem probably requires a lot of work. With the wrong stats (being too high) a miscalculation could ruin the game if it's too OP. I think there is a cap for a reason. Increasing a cap takes more work than it seems; else we will have bugs everywhere. I know this bc i have a rose 'thing' I play on for development purposes and it's easy to break if you make something too OP. ;x Just saying.. it's prolly the same issue with the real rose game.

I looked up some old guides on the original rose forums. JO ring used to give 35 attack power. Hardened 200 weapons got an extra 26 ap. More amazing, Glorious Shadow Fall Sash gave 57 dodge and 14 acc. compared to now, 35 ap becoming 100. Hardened KATARS give more than x2 the power of a tradition hardened offensive weapon. The jump between 57/14 to 116/116 is absolutely crazy. Perhaps the current substats on union stuff could be lowered 25% or something and the newer stuff when it comes out could have the current 200 gear bonuses.

edit- forgot the z in "crazy"

Edited by DoubleRose, 24 January 2011 - 05:04 PM.

#6 angrynull

angrynull

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • LocationSubSpace

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:03 PM

I looked up some old guides on the original rose forums. JO ring used to give 35 attack power. Hardened 200 weapons got an extra 26 ap. More amazing, Glorious Shadow Fall Sash gave 57 dodge and 14 acc. compared to now, 35 ap becoming 100. Hardened KATARS give more than x2 the power of a tradition hardened offensive weapon. The jump between 57/14 to 116/116 is absolutely cray. Perhaps the current substats on union stuff could be lowered 25% or something and the newer stuff when it comes out could have the current 200 gear bonuses.

You propose a nerf, and extra development that will amount to the same stuff! BLASPHEMY!
If they're going to update the gear they should do it right and completely.
Maybe in the summer there will be a gear update. Maybe not. I like my +15 gear now, and since I just got it I dont want it to be ruined ALREADY. :P

#7 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

You propose a nerf, and extra development that will amount to the same stuff! BLASPHEMY!
If they're going to update the gear they should do it right and completely.
Maybe in the summer there will be a gear update. Maybe not. I like my +15 gear now, and since I just got it I dont want it to be ruined ALREADY. :P

Summer maybe, more likely in the fall. (you never know) 200 gear will be high refine and the best for a while, when it's not sometime in the far away future, it'll still be 15 :(

#8 angrynull

angrynull

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • LocationSubSpace

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

Summer maybe, more likely in the fall. (you never know) 200 gear will be high refine and the best for a while, when it's not sometime in the far away future, it'll still be 15 :P

You can bet your ass that someone will be complaining in the event that there is an update to the gear. It's always a win/lose situation with any update to this game, so it seems. If the gear was just stuck at what it is now, forever.. That would be bad.

Just think: this way people will go crazy buying plutorunes and venurunes from the item mall. Then, when business wanes [bc +15 will pollute the game], we'll get some new gear and if we're lucky, no special lisents so refine is hard again. Give it time. :(

Edited by angrynull, 24 January 2011 - 05:15 PM.

#9 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:34 PM

maybe when the guyz are finally done with 220 armour
they can reset evrything as evri1 will start from scratch

#10 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:03 PM

maybe when the guyz are finally done with 220 armour
they can reset evrything as evri1 will start from scratch

Yah, so rose will die because everyone qould quit.

The stat boosts on weapons\gear are just fine. With the current pvp system they work well, having stats back to the original parameters would make PvP a neverlasting process, with people hitting 50-100 even on the weakest characters.

#11 xHydra

xHydra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:18 PM

I looked up some old guides on the original rose forums. JO ring used to give 35 attack power. Hardened 200 weapons got an extra 26 ap. More amazing, Glorious Shadow Fall Sash gave 57 dodge and 14 acc. compared to now, 35 ap becoming 100. Hardened KATARS give more than x2 the power of a tradition hardened offensive weapon. The jump between 57/14 to 116/116 is absolutely crazy. Perhaps the current substats on union stuff could be lowered 25% or something and the newer stuff when it comes out could have the current 200 gear bonuses.

edit- forgot the z in "crazy"

That was done because damage completely changed. People used to kill eachother in less then 3 seconds, monsters got 1 hit. The stats are fine right now as far as items go.

#12 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:46 PM

Yah, so rose will die because everyone qould quit.

The stat boosts on weapons\gear are just fine. With the current pvp system they work well, having stats back to the original parameters would make PvP a neverlasting process, with people hitting 50-100 even on the weakest characters.

LOL.....i didnt really mean start from scratch
i meant then they could reset lisent drop rates and some other stuff

by start from scratch i meant

that WE would have to start from scratch farming every new equip...and any 15s farmed during the cata rush period will be useless

BUT..other than the costumes and return of RRE.....i liked pre ORLO 2 (see the 2) better...just about when 15s were released

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users