Perfect Separation Drill - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Perfect Separation Drill

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:32 AM

So I just read the description and it says gems will degrade by 1 grade. But then what came to my mind is: "400 points for a degraded gem?"...

I personally think the price should be half that (ie 200 points) or if it stays 400, make it be actually perfect, leaving the gems untouched. I'd like to get some gems and sagis (i know these don't degrade, i'm referring to gems) out of some outdated stuff, but 400 points for 1 :s I'll never buy them until price is lowered...

Same goes for Plutorune...it used to be 25 points for one, now 50...seriously do you think you make more money this way?

Price up - less purchases, price down - more purchases. At the end of the day players will be happier because they could buy more and you'll earn the same money. *Waits for whiners*

Well, these are my 2 cents. :P

#2 IHasTEEF

IHasTEEF

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • Location*lurks under your bed*

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:52 AM

Plutos used to be 25 pts? WHEN!?

ALSO, I agree! :x

Edited by IHasTEEF, 25 January 2011 - 05:52 AM.

#3 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:02 AM

They did have a sale of 50% off plutorunes and i remember investing $50 or so during that time. Reduce it again and they can count on at least another $50. You're right Gojio. Perfect Sep drill needs to be 200 points and there should be no degrade in gem either.

#4 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:06 AM

I agree the separation drill should be cheaper. It's not that great. For the plutorunes however, I am sure it's all money-related like you are saying.
But you have no information on the background of this. It's not just as simple as '50 points = less sales = less profit' or '25 points = more sales = more profit'.

You know it's all about offer and demand. I mean, if they would sell 100 plutorunes to 100 people for 25 points, players spend 2500 points.

But if the price changes to 50 points, ofcourse some will say that it's too expensive. If still 60 players would buy a plutorune now (so 40 think it's too expensive),
players will spend a total of 60 x 50 = 3000 points aka more profit.

We have no information on this :( so I understand your point, but it's not as easy as it looks right :P

Edited by FeedisArti, 25 January 2011 - 06:06 AM.

#5 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:33 AM

Demand for Plutos is constant, there will never be a day people won't need them. BUT people ain't willing to spend 40-50 dollars for 100 of them, while they would if with 50 dollars they could get 200 (you have to think in real money, not zulies, people would pay half the price for a pluto = they are willing to buy large amounts because it sounds cheap). Selling them for 25 would let more people buy them, maybe not everyone will buy 200 at once, maybe a smaller number. But I for sure would invest in IM if they were 25, while I don't if they are 50.

And I bet hundreds of people are thinking the same. The numbers you calculated don't prove anything, since you're just making assumptions. What I am saying is different, because I've been there when Plutos used to cost 25 points, and so many people bought them.

Now you can only count on the few trustworthy IM sellers if you want to have some. But spending 100m for 10 plutorunes (which will more likely be wasted cause getting a 15 with 10 plutos is wtflucklol) sounds too expensive.

Edited by Gojio, 25 January 2011 - 12:59 PM.

#6 angrynull

angrynull

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • LocationSubSpace
  • Server:Both

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:56 AM

This drill should be perfect; for 400 points it should just remove the gem, whatever it is.

That's why nobody buys it ;O

#7 tomato

tomato

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:20 AM

its all about this http://en.wikipedia....icity_of_demand

#8 FreshChips

FreshChips

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:30 AM

And I bet hundreds of people are thinking the same. The numbers you calculated don't prove anything, since you're just making assumptions.

Says the one who makes assumptions as well.

What I am saying is different, because I've been there when Plutos used to cost 25 points, and so many people bought them.

You said demand is a constant. That said, there will not be increased demand when the price is more cheap. Otherwise demand wouldnt be a constant.
The 2nd thing you did not take into account was, that the 25points price was a special offer. Of course ppl bought then. If its that low all the time the market will saturate and it will come to a new equilibrium between demand and the price - the same as it is now (with the higher price) btw.

#9 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:28 AM

Says the one who makes assumptions as well.

You said demand is a constant. That said, there will not be increased demand when the price is more cheap. Otherwise demand wouldnt be a constant.
The 2nd thing you did not take into account was, that the 25points price was a special offer. Of course ppl bought then. If its that low all the time the market will saturate and it will come to a new equilibrium between demand and the price - the same as it is now (with the higher price) btw.

Fine let's be smart asses trying to read and reply without even thinking about what I meant.

I didn't say demand is A constant, I said it is constant in the case of Plutorunes, meaning that higher or lower, there's always a demand, and it's usually high. I haven't made a single assumption because as I specified above I've been there when it happened, be it a special offer or not, and I could bet my house the income was higher than now. I'm 100% sure of that.

If price was reduced a lot of people that now refrain from buying plutorunes at 50 points each, would buy some, because 25 is a fair price in my opinion. Because, once again, a customer is more willing to spend certain amounts of money if what they get is more than what they would usually get.

There would be no saturation because the Plutorunes would be quickly used and unless for the usual IM sellers (who would sell at 5m each instead of 10m) no one will sell them. I myself would use them all instead of selling them for 5m each, or save them up for another time.

Price lower demand higher, it's quite simple.

#10 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:52 AM

We have been reviewing certain items that were expected to perform better than they have and the Perfect Separation Drill is definitely one of those items.

I realize if we ask 100 users, we'll get 100 different answers, but for those vocal within this thread (maybe you can ask your friends to come in and post as well), of the following, what is more desired?
400 point Perfect Separation Drill that removes the Gem from the item with 100% success and no de-grade of the gem.
200 point Perfect Separation Drill that removes the Gem from the item with 100% success but with a 1 level de-grade. (Current ability, just 200 points cheaper)

In addition to that, what if both options were available? Is more choices in this situation better or worse? Please explain in as much detail as possible.

If we can get enough true and honest feedback, together we can make this change a reality. Thank you.

#11 Hephaestus

Hephaestus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:55 AM

If they absolutely must be different drills, I'd say make the no degrade drill 300, so you aren't doubling the price for one grade on a gem. I get the feeling that people would be reluctant to lower their gem grade, but reluctant to pay twice as much just to preserve one grade.

#12 SolidPhoeniX

SolidPhoeniX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:59 AM

If they absolutely must be different drills, I'd say make the no degrade drill 300, so you aren't doubling the price for one grade on a gem. I get the feeling that people would be reluctant to lower their gem grade, but reluctant to pay twice as much just to preserve one grade.

This is what I was about to post. So yeah, what he said!

#13 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:18 AM

I agree with Hephaestus. Either 200 and 300 or (dream mode on) 100 and 200 :P

#14 angrynull

angrynull

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • LocationSubSpace
  • Server:Both

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

I agree with Hephaestus. Either 200 and 300 ...

Yes, it's important to keep in mind that the price for the perfect seperation drill in-game would be 30M. At 400 pts (40M zulies) most gems can be destroyed and a fresh grade gem put into it for less zulies. 30M is arguably a decent price. It is the median price of any gem, so the benefit for using this is to have your grade 7 gem back for less than it would cost to purchase a new one.

#15 RoseGirl

RoseGirl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

This is what I was about to post. So yeah, what he said!

Add me in there too, although I think way more would sell at 200. The fact is, no one wants to pay that much for something that degrades what they have. The whole point of paying should be to keep what otherwise would be lost (and degraded is losing something).

#16 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:32 PM

Zep, I like both options. So I want a perfect seperation drill #1 and a perfect seperation drill #2. As described in your post.

#17 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:28 PM

We have been reviewing certain items that were expected to perform better than they have and the Perfect Separation Drill is definitely one of those items.

I realize if we ask 100 users, we'll get 100 different answers, but for those vocal within this thread (maybe you can ask your friends to come in and post as well), of the following, what is more desired?
400 point Perfect Separation Drill that removes the Gem from the item with 100% success and no de-grade of the gem.
200 point Perfect Separation Drill that removes the Gem from the item with 100% success but with a 1 level de-grade. (Current ability, just 200 points cheaper)

In addition to that, what if both options were available? Is more choices in this situation better or worse? Please explain in as much detail as possible.

If we can get enough true and honest feedback, together we can make this change a reality. Thank you.

both, and 200 pts per drill ppl purchased before the change.

#18 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

Zeppelin, I like both options! This would be a great outcome because I hate having to give up a grade when drilling a gem :P

I do have one question: I got 2 Perfect Seperation Drills that came with the last special Item Mall offer (those boxes). If these changes would be implented, then to which Drill would these 2 change?

Edited by gEddeh, 25 January 2011 - 05:00 PM.

#19 Recettear

Recettear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:48 PM

300 sound good for perfect non-degrading.

#20 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:44 AM

Zeppelin, I like both options! This would be a great outcome because I hate having to give up a grade when drilling a gem :P

I do have one question: I got 2 Perfect Seperation Drills that came with the last special Item Mall offer (those boxes). If these changes would be implented, then to which Drill would these 2 change?

What you have now is what you'll have later, regardless of the change. So your drills are going to degrade the gem. Use them for sagi stuff :( and if you don't have any, pm me, i need some sagis out of outdated stuff lol.

#21 XBlazeX

XBlazeX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. - CA

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:15 AM

Imo I think 300 pts for a Perfect Seperation Drill with no-degrading sounds reasonable, I think its affordable. Having both options is a little too much to ask. Gravity still needs to make some good profit out of this item specifically.

Just want to clarify something about the Seperation Drill in game. I use one to remove an Enchanted Stone from a jewelry piece and the stone disappeared. To my knowledge if I remember correctly in the patch notes somewhere they don't break or be degraded regardless of what Drill you use IM or IG. Question is, are Enchanted Stones unbreakable?

Edited by XBlazeX, 26 January 2011 - 11:32 AM.

#22 DocJager

DocJager

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:35 AM

200 point drill --> I care more about the weapon than the gem. However 400 points is just a little too much. Especially since prices of weapons have dropped drastically.
I just want this drill to remove IM stones safely.

Gems can be crafted over again or bought... at my shop (Boer or DocSales - JunonOrder)!!! :P

#23 ValkyrieMists

ValkyrieMists

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

Imo I think 300 pts for a Perfect Seperation Drill with no-degrading sounds reasonable, I think its affordable. Having both options is a little too much to ask. Gravity still needs to make some good profit out of this item specifically.

Just want to clarify something about.... remove an Enchanted Stone from a jewelry piece and the stone disappeared. To my knowledge if I remember correctly in the patch notes somewhere they don't break or be degraded regardless of what Drill you use IM or IG. Question is, are Enchanted Stones unbreakable?

Ive been wondering this exact same thing. as an item mall item it should not break. no matter what you seperate it with.

I would be willing to pay 3 or 4 IRL dollars for a perfect drill that does NOT degrade the gem. but 300 points seems more reasonable, and at 300 points it is something i would utilize or pay for more than once. IF the gem were to degrade 1 grade, i would only be willing to pay 200 points for it. Then again, i would only put a none grade 7 gem, or ench stone into an item that i was willing to use a perfect drill on, i.e., the sen 30 swimsuit, etc.

I do however think that it would be nice if there were 2 types of separation drills in game -- ones where it guaranteed the gem would stay, tho degrade by 1, and the item is destroyed, and ones where it guaranteed the item, being drilled would stay. unharmed. where the gem is destroyed. just a thought. there are always new players who tell themselves, why did i ruin that item with a crappy gem! wish i could remove it and keep the item, where there are others that are opposite and say, i need to keep that gem, but i dont care about the crap item it is in...

#24 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:01 AM

Ive been wondering this exact same thing. as an item mall item it should not break. no matter what you seperate it with.

I would be willing to pay 3 or 4 IRL dollars for a perfect drill that does NOT degrade the gem. but 300 points seems more reasonable, and at 300 points it is something i would utilize or pay for more than once. IF the gem were to degrade 1 grade, i would only be willing to pay 200 points for it. Then again, i would only put a none grade 7 gem, or ench stone into an item that i was willing to use a perfect drill on, i.e., the sen 30 swimsuit, etc.

I do however think that it would be nice if there were 2 types of separation drills in game -- ones where it guaranteed the gem would stay, tho degrade by 1, and the item is destroyed, and ones where it guaranteed the item, being drilled would stay. unharmed. where the gem is destroyed. just a thought. there are always new players who tell themselves, why did i ruin that item with a crappy gem! wish i could remove it and keep the item, where there are others that are opposite and say, i need to keep that gem, but i dont care about the crap item it is in...

Thank you for confirming my "assumptions" :angry:

#25 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:59 AM

the price is good as it is!

degrade by one is fine and the save of enchanted gems is good, too

so at all the price of 400 is fair

0 user(s) are reading this topic