AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:26 PM

As everyone is aware, PvP areas are farmed long after the monsters become white due to the large amount of exp. This means there will be character's there ranging at least 50 lvls, which is unnatural compared to pvm maps. This wide lvl range leads to complete misery for "newbie" characters because higher lvls can simply kill them off and farm the place they have had for hours. Based off of how the game represent the visitors in the game we would assume chivalry is non dead (which it is..) Maybe in PvP areas you should have a common skill to ask permission to dual with a character 20 lvls or more apart from you. (the lvl goes hand in hand with the "too high to party") This would make sure you can go around attacking people at around your lvl without restraint, but would make it so those that have no chance of winning can decline the dual, eliminating the pvp "bullies" that everybody hated at a low lvl. I know the reactions to this one: If you don't want to get killed then get out. The problem with this is that you get the same amount of exp lvling at pvp as you do a way higher lvl pvm place. I.e. MC monsters are all white for me but give the same amount of exp (or more) as/than the prison in eldeon's purple monsters do. This makes it a huge inconvienence to lvl anywhere but the designated pvp places.
I.E. Create a dual request skill that is required for pvp with characters 20+ lvls apart.

#2 Kirara

Kirara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Locationin your Closet :) Stealing your Stuff <3
  • Server:Draconis/Leonis

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:06 AM

i agree with this but... how would that solve just AOEING near someone? :x

#3 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:30 AM

The pvp doesn't activate unless you use the skill (like buffs). If you aoe in a group and three of them aren't within the level range those three wont get hit. You have to ask the character if they would like to dual and have them accept in order for them to dual. of course, this skill would be nulled on TG and UW maps.

#4 angrynull

angrynull

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • LocationSubSpace
  • Server:Both

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:52 AM

wtf? NO!
u need permission to pvp someone? WTF?
then there would be no point in making pkzones.. i like pkmaps because they function the way that they function already. the exp is good because the risk associated with trying to level where you can die by being exposed to many different types of threats.

did you even bother to talk to the NPC in dod? - they already warn u to get out. if you dont like it or your are scared - go to luna. dont level in a pkzone.

imagine trying to have a war and using PVP invite requests (i read the 20 lvls part). PFFT.

you often have many interesting ideas that i appreciate, but i really do not agree with this one. it would make rose SUCK bc a few chumps get pk'd while leveling in an area that they are warned about from the get-go NPC, other players, and naming convention. (Desert of the Dead).\

Edited by angrynull, 02 February 2011 - 02:58 AM.

#5 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:54 AM

You guys should look at the idea hannspree had about PvP skills :D I enlisted them.

#6 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:25 AM

HOW about asking for permission to PVp in non PVP zones...example

2 people are farming
both want a spot
ask for pvp...options party vs party or player vs player (it will auto include party if you are in one it wont if you are solo)
fight
one wins
issue settled

#7 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:54 AM

no. if people want to be absolutely retarded and farm in dod/mc for 0 money let them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users