AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:32 PM

I have noticed that you can purchase a new style of hair from the item mall, but I haven't been able to figure out how to change a color of a basic style. Maybe when building a character you should be able to choose a style and the color of the style. Insead of doing it for just hair, though, you should be able to change eye, skin, hair, and tatoo color. It would make each character more unique to it's creator. It doesn't have to be a default though. IM coupons would suffice, it would just be fun to have more physical characteristics to choose from.

#2 Kirara

Kirara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Locationin your Closet :) Stealing your Stuff <3
  • Server:Draconis/Leonis

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:52 PM

Agreed +1 :angry:

#3 Raku129

Raku129

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:55 AM

I'm too

#4 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:41 AM

+1
ROSE char creation is really lack of options.

#5 Farq

Farq

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:25 PM

I agree. We have the costume option for the look we want, but changing hairstyle, hair color, skin color, eye color, and other things would be cool. If they add an in-game avatar change feature (like the plastic surgery in Zant), they should put one in every city.

#6 Xenobite

Xenobite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

because of the way rose content is created changing skin color will take way too much work
almost every piece of armor that shows some skin would have to be remade in different variations adding a LOT to client/patch size and it will take too much work

another option is (again) redoing all armors and upgrading Rose gfx engine so it can use more complex shading system where you could just change a color value that will modify masked skin parts

I doubt these changes would be worth doing them although they could bring IM income

on the other hand changing eye colors wouldn't be that hard (same as it was done with hair) as there is not that much extra combinations

#7 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:14 PM

because of the way rose content is created changing skin color will take way too much work
almost every piece of armor that shows some skin would have to be remade in different variations adding a LOT to client/patch size and it will take too much work

another option is (again) redoing all armors and upgrading Rose gfx engine so it can use more complex shading system where you could just change a color value that will modify masked skin parts

wow that was an interesting read. would they really need to change so much Just for skin colors? even so i think they should dabble with it as a long term project when if they ever get their homework turned in on time and have some to spare.

#8 XsybilX

XsybilX

Mage Representative

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:13 PM

If you'd notice how armor is shaded, you'd see that the skin is also added in by hand on some of them. For example, the generic jeans armor (I forgot the name right now). For the males, its just the pants if I remember correct. But on that set, theres a top as well, just a photocopy of a male's chest. Now, you'd have to change that multiple times and program in the color change.

I do agree on the eyes; it shouldn't be too hard, although again they would have to take Face 'a' and dupe it with every eye color. So, face 'a' with blue, green, brown, black, etc etc..

This has been an ongoing request in ROSE for -years-, but with the way ROSE was developed it would take a reprogram of some aspects and a reshading of multiple items (aka, tens of hours of work).

#9 Farq

Farq

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:39 AM

I remember playing of Wizards 101, that you could change the color of your armor. The developers could use a color swap palette (for example, change all green to blue).

#10 Xenobite

Xenobite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:01 PM

unfortunately old developers didn't have that in mind
so only option for recoloring is creating all those modified copies of original textures, filling up database and increasing client size
creating new upgraded texture/shader system would take way less work on gfx content but it would take heavy changes in rose rendering system...
for example if Rose would use Unreal engine, you would need only 2 versions of texture and bunch of simple nodes to control "coloring" of different parts
it could use current textures as base although it would be way better to have them in "grayscale" as then you could use other channels in same texture for different masks - one for transparency, one for reflections/specularity, one for skin tone, few masks for different parts (in case of multicolored items - for example blue armor with silver parts and red details could become green / gold / purple or whatever combination
this will be bit slower "rendering" but it will take less gfx card memory and it won't make client size huge

#11 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:08 PM

So in otherwords ROSE is due for a serious overhaul if this were to happen :P shame. it would have been nice...

#12 Lucis

Lucis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationLit Lamp Wick
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:19 PM

--Should we come to an overhaul (by now a miracle) high - res textures should be implemented as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users