Bug with ignore function - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Bug with ignore function

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:13 PM

I noticed that the ignore function doesn't work like it did before. Now when you ignore someone, you won't see what they say in the all chat box, but you if you near them, you can see their box pop up with their message.

#2 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:46 PM

That was done intentionally to simulate the effect of a monster shout, it will show in the environment but not in the chat box. It also provides the only way to see messages from an ignored player without adding them to your friend list.

#3 mgon154

mgon154

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:54 PM

That was done intentionally to simulate the effect of a monster shout, it will show in the environment but not in the chat box. It also provides the only way to see messages from an ignored player without adding them to your friend list.

That's retarded. Fix it. If someone wants to ignore someone, that means they want to IGNORE someone in the truest sense of the word lol Please, they are not monsters. People ignore others for personal reasons too you know. (Rescudo where are you? Help Genesis with his programming skills and ideas lol)

Edited by mgon154, 31 January 2011 - 12:06 AM.

#4 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:18 AM

well that I guess to me that defeats the purpose of ignore function. but that's just me ;x

#5 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:33 AM

I'm interested in everyone's feedback on this, if there is a lot of negativity towards the idea it can be changed to include ignoring of the speech bubble text.

Edit: Linking this thread to the Proposals & Suggestions section.

#6 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:52 AM

Added to the List of Proposals & Suggestions :D

Edited by gEddeh, 31 January 2011 - 01:24 AM.

#7 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

I honestly think its a good idea for this way. In real life, just because you ignore them doesn't mean they can't keep on talking. It could have some good things and you can just leave range if their speech bubble is bothering you that much. Maybe put a poll up for this particular situation?

#8 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:47 PM

Ill say have it both. So u can choose either to completely to ignore the player or be able to see textbubbles.
Some players are just anoying by spamming chats with what they sell or buy, u can ignore them but be able to see what he say when he start talking to u somewhere else.

#9 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:27 PM

I honestly think its a good idea for this way. In real life, just because you ignore them doesn't mean they can't keep on talking. It could have some good things and you can just leave range if their speech bubble is bothering you that much. Maybe put a poll up for this particular situation?

You can't compare real life to rose. In rose, obnoxious people will have the ability to follow you anywhere. In real life, you can actually do something about it and you know the rest. But grazi's idea sounds fine.

#10 Metaleux

Metaleux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:00 AM

I would also prefer if we did not see the pop up box.
I felt so owned when I ignored some guy and then realized I could still see him talking to me xD

#11 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:18 PM

I'm for the removal of the textbubble. If I ignore someone, I don't wanna see a single thing he says.

What about Zulie Sellers (Haven't seen one in a while altho ;o)? If we ignore them we'll still see their gey advertisement.

#12 NoChampHere

NoChampHere

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationNB, Canada
  • Server:Neither o,..,o

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:04 PM

oh, you must be mistaken... i thought that rose was a game and not real life? or maybe it's my mistake....... :/

edit: i vote to remove the text bubbles thanks :Emo_18:

Edited by NoChampHere, 11 February 2011 - 02:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users