14 replies to this topic

#1 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:42 AM

We know that some changes may be comming, and that the Templar/Radiant heals could be getting an increase in their CD. Even if that wasnt the case, Radiants alredy have troubles to do things in the game without the help of a party. Sure, Radiants are party players, but we know that a party isnt always available, then what happen with the Radiants when that happen? Note, that at least in the usa version, in Valdes server, that is a very common thing, almost the rule.

With this in mind, the suggestion is to make Radiants a little more independant, giving them a special 2nd job attack. I know that lots of purists wouldnt agree with this, but they and the "true healers" can choce to dont pick the damage skill if they dont like, and the ones that want it, woul spend points in it.

The first change to be made would be in the Tempest skill tree. Tempests are a class based in linghtning magic. The idea is to change the Tempest's Glaring Light and Holy Light skill light visual effects to a lightning effect, and they even could change the skills name to something more apropiate like Thunder Storm and Lightning Storm (if someone want to suggest better names, will be more than welcome).

The second change would be add to the Radiant's skill tree the Holy Light skill, same light effect and damage, duration, cooldown, number of targets, etc that it have now but with light damage instead of lightning damage.

With this changes and the new Holy Bolt (aoe 8 targets, -4.0 slow debuff) and Sleep, Radiants could do it decent in parties but also when solo for quests, grind, etc.

#2 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:55 AM

You forgot to change the class name to Tempest. ;o

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:13 AM

No, it still will be Radiant. Tempests have 2 masteries to rise their magic damage, and they have more aoes. With that change, the Radiants would be able to do things by their own without spend hours to kill a single mob. As i said, is just 1 dmg skill, and the ones that want to play as full healer, still will be able to do it, but would give posibilities to the ones that want a more independand character but still be a healer, and no, mystics arnt that.

This would open a new kind of build:

-We have full healer, that usually take all the support skills but have only a couple of points spent in attacks. Support in pve and pvp.
-We have the dps-pvp Radiant, that rise the single target skills and hush but still have good heals and defense buffs.
-And we could get the dps-pve Radiant, that would be able to heal but also could do things alone when there isnt a party around. This is a game for adults, adults work and not always play at the same hours than their friends, and find a party in this game inst that easy, so, people that like to heal but still need to lvl up, have the right to have a way to do it without suffer the hell that is kill one by one mobs with a class that isnt made for that.

#4 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:15 AM

Is it too much to ask to bring back open map parties which needs a healer? =.=

As a Rad, I don't want to be a dps.

#5 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:34 AM

Then dont be it, dont take that new skill, nobody will force you :D

What matter is to have the choice and not if one use it or not. I know that the opinion about this would be divided, but the skill wouldnt affect the ones that dont want to use it but would help the ones that would.

Have places in wich a Radiant is more useful is always great, but people wont have the chance to join when they want, all know that parties arnt always available.

#6 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:57 AM

We all know devs won't be able to balance it right and the class will go from support to dps. >>

#7 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:05 AM

Probably, but that isnt my job :D

#8 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

Probably, but that isnt my job :D

Don't suggest silly stuff for the class then!

Though, not like devs will ever read any US Req suggestions ;o

Edited by Loyalty1, 31 January 2011 - 05:11 PM.

#9 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

Give Rads Glaring Light and Tempest Survival Instinct :D I could live with that...

#10 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:03 AM

Why it would be silly? In other games i saw, the healers still have some good attack skills, and that happen for a reason, because in those games they know that at moments, each character will have to do things by their own, even in a mmorpg.

#11 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:38 AM

The class was fine in S1 and it was even weaker dps wise than it is right now and there was plenty of Radiants.

Don't fix what works fine~

#12 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:54 AM

All classes were weaker, it was another game and other rules were applied.

#13 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:59 AM

All classes were weaker, it was another game and other rules were applied.

Naw it's the same game only with a stronger cash shop.

#14 Dess

Dess

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:14 PM

Plz big no to this, imagine a tempests with mana shield, hush and survival instint!!! Lol!!!If rads are OP right now with ground aoes they would be a beast!!

#15 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:23 AM

With 1 ground aoe, and they dont have any dmg mastery. And their heals are being nerfed. If they want, they even can make it only be able to hurt monsters and not players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users