Most Dramatic Map? - Page 2 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Most Dramatic Map?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#26 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:43 AM

Right now, we're putting together the St. Patrick's day quest and sussing out the things that the community liked last time, but I'd like to take that quest a little farther out that we usually do. If you guys can throw in with some suggestions for that, I'll try to get them put in.

#27 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:19 AM

I changed my mind, now that I learned Baba Yaga is a cannibal, Moscovia is my new favorite map :D

#28 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:41 AM

I changed my mind, now that I learned Baba Yaga is a cannibal, Moscovia is my new favorite map :D

If you do the Moscovia quests the townsfolk talk of the Baba Yaga like the boogie monster that scares all the children. And the kids are terrified of the forest because of it. I can't remember all the details but it was an interesting quest with many mythological creatures and spirits battling against each other in a bid to restore balance.

#29 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:44 AM

Right now, we're putting together the St. Patrick's day quest and sussing out the things that the community liked last time, but I'd like to take that quest a little farther out that we usually do. If you guys can throw in with some suggestions for that, I'll try to get them put in.

How about you make it a continued part of the crow of destiny quest. Since their accident those creature people have been in that cave. They are very close to einboch and einbech. Maybe they can be included into the quest, but since they do not trust you maybe you have to do an iniciation quest. Something maybe like experiencing more flashbacks, so you can feel what they felt. Once you pass maybe there could be a big plot twist like the noxious not only came from the factory but its what those scientists used to create these beasts. One you get the story straight you figure out how to stop the outburst, but it will take more than you to do it. After that you will need a party of at least 5 to enter the bowles of the factory and stop the noxious...maybe (if possible) create a boss monster/MvP for some thing to be the king/queen of noxious. Maybe give a time limit and if you fail you get kicked out of the instance and have to wait a half hour before going in again.

Is that farther from what you usually do?

Edited by CheddarJack, 01 February 2011 - 09:46 AM.

#30 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:58 AM

How about you make it a continued part of the crow of destiny quest. Since their accident those creature people have been in that cave. They are very close to einboch and einbech. Maybe they can be included into the quest, but since they do not trust you maybe you have to do an iniciation quest. Something maybe like experiencing more flashbacks, so you can feel what they felt. Once you pass maybe there could be a big plot twist like the noxious not only came from the factory but its what those scientists used to create these beasts. One you get the story straight you figure out how to stop the outburst, but it will take more than you to do it. After that you will need a party of at least 5 to enter the bowles of the factory and stop the noxious...maybe (if possible) create a boss monster/MvP for some thing to be the king/queen of noxious. Maybe give a time limit and if you fail you get kicked out of the instance and have to wait a half hour before going in again.

Is that farther from what you usually do?

Interesting, that might be something that would be fun to do as a perma quest

St. Patricks would be more like shorter event, but having some plot twists and turns like you described(personally, I'd love to do a O'reilley kidnapped to moscovia or some interesting with the new town)

#31 Castella

Castella

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:15 AM

Moscovia sounds like a good place for a St. Patrick's day quest, although I'm sure people would complain if they had to do the Moving Island quest. Maybe if you had a special event warper that would warp people into the dungeon without doing the quest.

Gopinch seems like he'd be great for St. Patrick's day, since he's green and sort of snake-like (yeah, yeah, he's a dragon, I know). Perhaps you could have a quest with a special event Gopinch (maybe making him easier than the actual MVP so that people of all levels could participate, similar to the Gopinch in the Koschei the Immortal quest) that you must kill in order to save O'Riley.

Edited by Castella, 01 February 2011 - 10:17 AM.

#32 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:33 AM

I'm a fan of Glast Heim myself. Initially, I was a great fan of castle when Bapho spawned there and parties were huge! Later, I begin to like Glast Heim Chivalry Level 2 more. Everything about that map rocked--the music, the numerous monsters to fight, and even the loot! If it had an MVP, it would almost be perfect! :D

#33 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:42 AM

Interesting, that might be something that would be fun to do as a perma quest

St. Patricks would be more like shorter event, but having some plot twists and turns like you described(personally, I'd love to do a O'reilley kidnapped to moscovia or some interesting with the new town)

Well that is what i was thinking. This would be more of a perma quest as the next part of the story for Crow of Destiny Quest.

If your looking for something for St. Patricks day having him kidnapped might be a good idea. Maybe by the snakes. Your job is to follow clues on where they took him. Then maybe fill ant hell or some dungeon with all quest snakes or just ingame snakes. Maybe after you save him he either give your those st. patrick coins that you can trade in or maybe some kind of new lower head gear...maybe a shamrock or somthing.

If you wan2 do somthing new how about do somthing like with the rachel sanc quest. If a certain amount of people save him or kill a total amound of snakes O'Reilley those a st. patricks party in the prontera bar or some big area (maybe inside the castle corridor?).

Edited by CheddarJack, 01 February 2011 - 10:45 AM.

#34 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:05 PM

Speaking of Einbroch... Oda, can you make it so we can teleport in Lhz and Einbroch? I try to avoid Einbroch/Einbech as much as possible because it's a pain in the ass to walk through there.

#35 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:57 PM

This should be mainly because of the Airship. With Teleport, you could cheat your way on the Airship without paying :D
And it would make the Friendship Quest Pointless, because you could just teleport into the Slums...

#36 Nocredit

Nocredit

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:07 PM

This should be mainly because of the Airship. With Teleport, you could cheat your way on the Airship without paying :D
And it would make the Friendship Quest Pointless, because you could just teleport into the Slums...

You can cheat on juno airship because teleport is allowed there :D
It's easier to just pay the airship ;) (Unless you're very lucky xD)
Anyway, I think Glast Heim.
The place looks like it was a great kingdom/castle but it got destroyed and became a undead lair.

Edited by Nocredit, 01 February 2011 - 01:10 PM.

#37 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:10 PM

The airship fee is like 2k. I don't think anyones gonna try to cheap out on that and hijack the airship n_n

Can they make it so it's impossible to land on a cell in the slums?

#38 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

You can cheat on juno airship because teleport is allowed there :D

Could be a bug though. It wasn't possible back on euRO at least :D

#39 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:51 PM

Anyway, I think Glast Heim.
The place looks like it was a great kingdom/castle but it got destroyed and became a undead lair.

Maybe a story for it could be tied in with nearby Geffen too. Something about the Glast Heim establishment being previously a fair democracy (hence the chivalry) who used the prisons to lock up any villains and crooks and keep peace in Midgard. The church and churchyard were where the people of the castle grounds would worship and upkeep their good morals. The people were very knowledgeable in terms of architecture and city development leading to complex networks of sewers and many other vast establishments within the grounds. They became rich by the resources underneath the castle and taming creatures such as the Majorous to hammer for minerals. As well as by teaching others their knowledge in architecture, particularly to nearby Prontera who expanded their own complex sewer system based on their knowledge (Culverts).

Until a tyranical ruler invaded (later to be known as the Dark Lord) with his ruthless army. The chivalry was disbanded and the prisons were used to lock up the previous owners. Those who died at his hands were buried in the graveyard of the now abandoned and unkempt church area. In fact the whole place fell into disrepair and become infested. The underground was bled dry of minerals and the Majorous left to their own devices whilst bugs infested the place. The prison was also extended into a torture chamber due to the masochistic ways of the Dark Lord and because he wanted to tease information out from those with any power or knowledge to steal for himself.

Eventually he turned his attention to nearby Geffen and began to kidnap townsfolk to torture them for information and learn of their magical ways / powers in hope of becoming ruler of the world rather than just a castle. Eventually this angered the people of Geffen who bandied together. With the help of the strongest and wisest graduates of Geffen they plotted ways to create a terrible curse to cast over Glast Heim. One night they creep over to the castle grounds and descend upon it. A battle ensues but after a final showdown the Dark Lord is defeated through Geffen's magic and his followers flee and hide into various areas around Glast Heim. Geffen then spend some time whilst they are in hiding to work in and cast the curse. Afterwards they completely abandon the place leaving only the disrepair to further crumble and the cursed dwellers that remain or the long-dead spirits/forms of those who had suffered at the hands of Dark Lord's reign to wander.

Now someone think of some quests around that... :D

#40 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

Maybe a story for it could be tied in with nearby Geffen too. Something about the Glast Heim establishment being previously a fair democracy (hence the chivalry) who used the prisons to lock up any villains and crooks and keep peace in Midgard. The church and churchyard were where the people of the castle grounds would worship and upkeep their good morals. The people were very knowledgeable in terms of architecture and city development leading to complex networks of sewers and many other vast establishments within the grounds. They became rich by the resources underneath the castle and taming creatures such as the Majorous to hammer for minerals. As well as by teaching others their knowledge in architecture, particularly to nearby Prontera who expanded their own complex sewer system based on their knowledge (Culverts).

Until a tyranical ruler invaded (later to be known as the Dark Lord) with his ruthless army. The chivalry was disbanded and the prisons were used to lock up the previous owners. Those who died at his hands were buried in the graveyard of the now abandoned and unkempt church area. In fact the whole place fell into disrepair and become infested. The underground was bled dry of minerals and the Majorous left to their own devices whilst bugs infested the place. The prison was also extended into a torture chamber due to the masochistic ways of the Dark Lord and because he wanted to tease information out from those with any power or knowledge to steal for himself.

Eventually he turned his attention to nearby Geffen and began to kidnap townsfolk to torture them for information and learn of their magical ways / powers in hope of becoming ruler of the world rather than just a castle. Eventually this angered the people of Geffen who bandied together. With the help of the strongest and wisest graduates of Geffen they plotted ways to create a terrible curse to cast over Glast Heim. One night they creep over to the castle grounds and descend upon it. A battle ensues but after a final showdown the Dark Lord is defeated through Geffen's magic and his followers flee and hide into various areas around Glast Heim. Geffen then spend some time whilst they are in hiding to work in and cast the curse. Afterwards they completely abandon the place leaving only the disrepair to further crumble and the cursed dwellers that remain or the long-dead spirits/forms of those who had suffered at the hands of Dark Lord's reign to wander.

What about DL revenge. Somone from geffen relized that DL is back and is trying to take over geffen (similarly to satan morroc). While finding clues you piece together this thought up story you created. In the end you need to defeat DL (similar to kiel quest) before he takes down geffen and the townfolk as well.

#41 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

What about DL revenge. Somone from geffen relized that DL is back and is trying to take over geffen (similarly to satan morroc). While finding clues you piece together this thought up story you created. In the end you need to defeat DL (similar to kiel quest) before he takes down geffen and the townfolk as well.

A revenge theme sounds good. Maybe Geffen hire you to investigate and give you a magical tool for parting through the Geffen curse sealing the place and communicating with the dead there. Leading you all around the Glast Heim grounds speaking to the cursed dwellers (both friendly ones who were victims and unfriendly ones who had been the invaders, the unfriendly ones require defeating before they'll impart information/rewards).

Defeating the regular MvP thats already there may seem a little dull (Dark Lord is a MvP at Glast church). So perhaps the existing MvP is just a decoy he summons to watch over the grounds in his stead until he can reform. The real Dark Lord lies in wait in the furthes depths of the castle.

When the Glast Heim Underground was first put in a bunch of us went to explore and came to this dead end at the bottom of one of (if not the) lowest maps of the underground. We felt it was maybe going to later lead to somewhere else in a future update. Perhaps it could lead to a instance where you fight the real Dark Lord and the last loyal followers of his army who had stoody by him until the end even in death.

Posted Image

Edited by soudou, 01 February 2011 - 02:16 PM.

#42 Markus

Markus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

There are 2 static spawn whispers in a "throne room" and a number of things that look like open doors that don't go anywhere. It would be fairly easy to expand upon this and make GH MUCH bigger and very indepth. We have lots of things we can work with all over the place, just that none of them are used for anything (not that it is hard to add in more).

#43 Markus

Markus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:20 PM

A revenge theme sounds good. Maybe Geffen hire you to investigate and give you a magical tool for parting through the Geffen curse sealing the place and communicating with the dead there. Leading you all around the Glast Heim grounds speaking to the cursed dwellers (both friendly ones who were victims and unfriendly ones who had been the invaders, the unfriendly ones require defeating before they'll impart information/rewards).

Defeating the regular MvP thats already there may seem a little dull (Dark Lord is a MvP at Glast church). So perhaps the existing MvP is just a decoy he summons to watch over the grounds in his stead until he can reform. The real Dark Lord lies in wait in the furthes depths of the castle.

When the Glast Heim Underground was first put in a bunch of us went to explore and came to this dead end at the bottom of one of (if not the) lowest maps of the underground. We felt it was maybe going to later lead to somewhere else in a future update. Perhaps it could lead to a instance where you fight the real Dark Lord and the last loyal followers of his army who had stoody by him until the end even in death.

Posted Image

There are things like this in other parts as well, its a shame they never did anything with them. I think some of the other larger dungeon areas have them too. I know there are a bunch in the over world as well.

#44 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:22 PM

There are things like this in other parts as well, its a shame they never did anything with them. I think some of the other larger dungeon areas have them too. I know there are a bunch in the over world as well.

Yeah there is. I know I've seen lots of caves and dead-end tunnels or doorways and so on all around RO and thought it looked like something was going to be added there and 7 years later.... nothing.

If iRO ever does a big push on player-made quests and has the power to add portals and maps some people could make some stuff up there.

#45 Markus

Markus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:25 PM

Yeah there is. I know I've seen lots of caves and dead-end tunnels or doorways and so on all around RO and thought it looked like something was going to be added there and 7 years later.... nothing.

If iRO ever does a big push on player-made quests and has the power to add portals and maps some people could make some stuff up there.

I don't know if there still are, but there used to be a bunch of unused maps, and there really isn't anything that stops you from using the same map for a different area (other than its pretty obvious) with different spawns (would be great for making a maze from hell).

#46 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:22 PM

Speaking of Einbroch... Oda, can you make it so we can teleport in Lhz and Einbroch? I try to avoid Einbroch/Einbech as much as possible because it's a pain in the ass to walk through there.

Yeah, this is definitely something I remember as being a limitation to enjoying the new towns. The airship mechanic was very handy for lore purposes, but a little less convenient than the instantaneous transport that players have been used to for years.

#47 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:33 PM

However, depending on how you define "drama" the most dramatic map is probably Brit GD.

=D

#48 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:45 PM

Walk north of al de Baron. Listen to the music and go find Kyle Hyre's cottage. Talk to the fisherman. Hey, even do that quest. :D

I kinda like that music and it feels dramatic half of the time. The other half of the time, however, probably fits boring grinding better.

#49 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:05 AM

ODA what do you think of my St. Patricks Day idea? Thats a lot different than what you guys usually do. Also what are your thoughts on the uptaded idea with the extention to the crow of destiny quest?

#50 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:40 PM

im kinda curious if my ideas for quest could be made or not http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users