New Skill Branch for Wizards - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

New Skill Branch for Wizards

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HaHexfire

HaHexfire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:28 AM

It'd be cool is the wizard class could summon certain monsters or something to aid them in battle. Kinda like how you can transform into a ninja and all other skills are disabled and such.. Same thing. When a summoned creature is active, certain skills are disabled. Idk. It seems cool! I just hate that Energy ball and blizard are the wizard's primary skills all the way up to max lvl... We get those skills extremely early on and they ought to be useful at higher levels, but there should also be other skills that become "primary" to us... Kinda like wyvern blade for the Myrm class..

#2 rais900

rais900

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:14 PM

It'd be cool is the wizard class could summon certain monsters or something to aid them in battle. Kinda like how you can transform into a ninja and all other skills are disabled and such.. Same thing. When a summoned creature is active, certain skills are disabled. Idk. It seems cool! I just hate that Energy ball and blizard are the wizard's primary skills all the way up to max lvl... We get those skills extremely early on and they ought to be useful at higher levels, but there should also be other skills that become "primary" to us... Kinda like wyvern blade for the Myrm class..

If they were useless, why would anyone use those skills "to the max level"?
You can techincally "use" an octopus, a ?dragon? and a penguin.

#3 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:23 PM

If they were useless, why would anyone use those skills "to the max level"?
You can techincally "use" an octopus, a ?dragon? and a penguin.

I think the OP meant to imply that they *are* useful at higher levels, but there should also be other, high-level skills that are just as (or more) useful.

While I'm not sure I agree WMs need a "new Blizzard" or a "new Fire Symbol" (those skills are already pretty darn powerful), I can at least agree that I think they deserve a greater variety of skills that are worth using.

Edited by Rimmy, 02 February 2011 - 01:24 PM.

#4 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:36 PM

Snow blues and backdraft are the same job advancement as the ninja frenzy skills, so I'm not quite sure where your argument is. In addition, ambush and daggers are still our main damage skills even at capped level, so that nullifies your original argument. In fact, every job uses skills from their first or second job, so you really can't rule out wizards alone.

#5 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:07 PM

Wm skills are plenty fine enough, I don't see what the problem is using lower level skills if they're still good. The only problem I have with the Wm skills (other then the loss of action canceling Q~Q) is the lack of anything useful at all in the 4th job tree. That said I'm hoping that somewhere down the line those currently locked/absent skills will become something decent.

#6 HaHexfire

HaHexfire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:40 AM

How many different "active skills" do ninjas use compared to war mage? honestly?

#7 kiracm

kiracm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:00 AM

How many different "active skills" do ninjas use compared to war mage? honestly?

5 to my knowledge but now 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users