16 replies to this topic

#1 Leanys

Leanys

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

The Basics of the Grand Exchange

At its core, the Grand Exchange is a very simple system, and you can buy or sell items using the following steps:

1. Bring items you wish to sell or money to buy items.

2. Speak to the Banker or mayor to either put items up for sale or to make a bid to buy items.

3. The banker or the mayor will take your items or money and look for a matching bid/sale to match you up with.

4. You may have to wait for your bid to be accepted or for the banker or mayor
to find a buyer - then again, it could happen in moments!

5. You will receive a message when the trade has been completed, and you can go to the Banker or the mayor to pick up your purchases or money.

Because the Grand Exchange never closes, the Banker or the Mayor will try to find you a buyer or seller constantly - you don't need to be logged in or on the same world as the player they match you up with. You don't even have to be at the Grand Exchange or in a bank: you can go off and work on your skills, play through a quest or anything else you enjoy doing, and just wait for the message from the Grand Exchange!

Edited by Leanys, 03 February 2011 - 02:17 PM.

#2 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:20 PM

Interesting. Very similiar to Kirara's bartering idea. Would you accept the bid that you want or would the mayor/banker handle it for you and take the higest bidder in a certain time frame. Also, how will the bidder bid. look at the item and set a price or just tell the mayor. if it is just to tell the mayor then there could be some complications..

#3 Cordie

Cordie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:21 PM

I did see EXACTLY this on another game. The community were cut in half after a few months and after a year (or more) the free trade returned along with TWICE as many ppl.

I'll say no thank you altho it may seem like an excellent idea at first glance.

You can no longer affect the market, there will be very few shops around and thereby no fun to "go shopping" and looking for the item you wish to find. There are so many things that will get ruined by this I can't list them all.

#4 Leanys

Leanys

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:28 PM

Would you accept the bid that you want or would the mayor/banker handle it for you and take the higest bidder in a certain time frame. ?
- the mayor would be more fair for everyone

how will the bidder bid. look at the item and set a price or just tell the mayor. if it is just to tell the mayor then there could be some complications

- it would be up to the player, since the price system is alredy ruined lol <_<, or maybe they could just price items, it would stop a lot of scamming :Emo_22:

#5 Leanys

Leanys

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:31 PM

I did see EXACTLY this on another game. The community were cut in half after a few months and after a year (or more) the free trade returned along with TWICE as many ppl.

-im not suggesting Remove trades and Player killing <_<

You can no longer affect the market, there will be very few shops around and thereby no fun to "go shopping" and looking for the item you wish to find. There are so many things that will get ruined by this I can't list them all.

- who says the shops are fun ? it would be easier to just make an offer for the item, and get it without all the annoying hours wasted,this will help new player buy and sell too :Emo_22:

#6 Cordie

Cordie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:38 PM

-im not suggesting Remove trades and Player killing :)

- who says the shops are fun ? it would be easier to just make an offer for the item, and get it without all the annoying hours wasted,this will help new player buy and sell too <_<

I see we are reffering to the same game ^^

I dare say I enjoy walking around in Junon and having a good time "eye-shopping" :Emo_22:
I take your point but personally I do not like the suggestion.

#7 Leanys

Leanys

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:42 PM

I see we are reffering to the same game ^^

I dare say I enjoy walking around in Junon and having a good time "eye-shopping" :Emo_22:
I take your point but personally I do not like the suggestion.

u mean Eye shopping and or new player exploiting lol .....i never said remove shops just add grand exchange :) ppl will be able to use the system they want to <_<

#8 Cordie

Cordie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:44 PM

u mean Eye shopping and or new player exploiting lol .....i never said remove shops just add grand exchange <_< ppl will be able to use the system they want to :Emo_22:

Simply by adding this Grand Exchange will in my oppinion cause many player-shops to disapear. Wich I would find to be a shame.

#9 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:56 PM

Cordie is right. This gets implemented and shops will disappear because the other is less time consuming. This may be an okay idea but it isnt new user friendly. I could see many people new to the economy or that don't follow it getting scammed out of sheer ignorance. At least with the shops being around you can price check based on what you see in them. With your idea you will be taking a shot in the dark and hoping you are accurate. Also, by the way it sounds, you have to have an equal price from a bidder and seller for the transaction to occur and that may take longer than people wish to wait. and what if the price fluctuates and you with to change it?

#10 Leanys

Leanys

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:04 PM

IF PPL STARTED TO USE THE NEW SYSTEM IT MEANS IS MORE ADVANCED AND USEFULL :Emo_22: SHOPPING FOR HRS IS NOT FUN IS ACTUALLY ANNOYING <_<

#11 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

Actually most people just set up an alt and go off and do their thing.. Very rare is it when you see somebody ACTUALLY vending. Honestly I enjoy window shopping. I don't find it annoying at all. More of an adventure and challenge stalking my desired target. Of course, you have only heard two voices on the matter. Give it time. You'll get more.

Ps Talking in all caps wont get you anywhere and will only annoy future viewers. I suggest you change it.

#12 Cordie

Cordie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:24 PM

Cordie is right. This gets implemented and shops will disappear because the other is less time consuming. This may be an okay idea but it isnt new user friendly. I could see many people new to the economy or that don't follow it getting scammed out of sheer ignorance. At least with the shops being around you can price check based on what you see in them. With your idea you will be taking a shot in the dark and hoping you are accurate. Also, by the way it sounds, you have to have an equal price from a bidder and seller for the transaction to occur and that may take longer than people wish to wait. and what if the price fluctuates and you with to change it?

An equal price OR lower.

You can withdraw your bid and state a new one.

I'm still not in favour of this, just thought I would clear that up.

#13 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:56 PM

a couple of years ago i played this game that had the EXACT thing (stated as cordie) i mean wow if your gonna copy something give it a different name or something! NO -1.

#14 Leanys

Leanys

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:14 PM

it was a suggestion by the way u can call it watever u want lol "Market place" just think about it.... . how much it would improve the speed of trading:) ,instead of running your computer for 2 days to sell ur items......i been looking for a special item for 2 days now.... and epic fail all those junon stores make the game LAG

#15 Eleria

Eleria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationNicoNico Douga

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:03 AM

it was a suggestion by the way u can call it watever u want lol "Market place" just think about it.... . how much it would improve the speed of trading:) ,instead of running your computer for 2 days to sell ur items......i been looking for a special item for 2 days now.... and epic fail all those junon stores make the game LAG

One of my favorite activities in Rose is to go "window-shopping" in Junon, moving from shop to shop, meeting people (freinds) along the way and have a nice chat. With a auction house, market place, grand exchange, whateveryouwanttocallit, Junon would just become another ghost town. Then there would be really nothing else to do than leveling and farming.

#16 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:29 AM

-im not suggesting Remove trades and Player killing <_<

- who says the shops are fun ? it would be easier to just make an offer for the item, and get it without all the annoying hours wasted,this will help new player buy and sell too :Emo_22:

And what about all the shops buying gems\chems\hearts etc? Have to create buylists in bank too? This would be annoying...

After all, the shopping system we have is very peculiar and it distinguishes rose from the majority of other games, so...let's leave it at that.

#17 Viceking

Viceking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • LocationCanada Québec
  • Server:Dragonis>Leonis

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:06 PM

if your like Grand Exchange System then go back play runescape <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users