Dealer/Bourgious/Artisan suggestions - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Dealer/Bourgious/Artisan suggestions

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:57 PM

I've shared some of my thoughts in the Explosives thread, but I've had a couple other interesting ideas that I think would make gameplay more balanced/entertaining.

First off, we have the explosives:

I've been talking to Jagz about this, and here is a proposal to adjust the crafted bombs for dealers. This change will give the class many more options to choose from in combat, but also ad a great amount of strategy when fighting. All grenades/bombs/explosives will keep the same 6 second cooldown, however, all of them will share the same cooldown except for the non status ones. (which should be seperate).

Dealer Bombs

Hand Grenade: Physical Damage (1000 skill power) Seperate Cooldown

Acid Grenade: Poison (300 damage/second 10 second duration) 100% success NO DAMAGE

Mana Grenade: MP reduction (35% mp down) 100% success NO DAMAGE

Flash Grenade: Accuracy down (30% acc down/ 10 second duration) 100% success NO DAMAGE

Concussion Grenade: Stun 95% success NO DAMAGE possibly lower range than the other grenades (maybe 8m-15m) (current grenades are 20m range)

Hand Bomb: Magic Damage (1000 skill power) Seperate Cooldown

Shrapnel Bomb: Defense down (30% defense down/ 10 second duration) 100% success NO DAMAGE
Formerly Acid Bomb

Shadow Bomb: Dodge Down (30% dodge down/10 second duration) 100% success NO DAMAGE
Formerly Mana Bomb

Sticky Bomb: Attack Speed/Mspeed down (30% aspeed/mspeed down/ 10 second duration) 100% success NO DAMAGE
Formerly Flash Bomb

Artisan Bombs:

Explosive: Physical Damage (1500 skill power) Seperate Cooldown

Napalm Explosive: Burn (500 damage/second 10 second duration) 100% success NO DAMAGE
Formely Acid Explosive

Suicide Explosive: Taunt (10m aoe radius) 100% success NO DAMAGE
Formerly Mana Explosive

Flash Explosive: Accuracy down (40% acc down/10 second duration) NO DAMAGE

Concussion Explosive: Aoe Stun 95% success (6m radius) 100% success NO DAMAGE possibly lower range than the other grenades (maybe 8m-15m) (current grenades are 20m range)

High Explosive: Magic Damage (1500 skill power) Seperate Cooldown

Shrapnel Explosive: Defense down (40% def down/10 second duration) 100% success NO DAMAGE
Formerly Acid High Explosive

Shadow Explosive: Dodge Down (40% dodge down/10 second duration) 100% success NO DAMAGE
Formerly Mana High Explosive

Sticky Explosive: Attack Speed/Mspeed down (40% aspeed/mspeed down/10 second duration) 100% success NO DAMAGE
Formerly Flash High Explosive

By keeping them on the same cooldown, it gives the user an array of options but they must choose which will be the best for the scenario. Do I want to stun my enemy right off the bat? (Keep in mind the stun bombs will do no damage now) If I do, I will have to wait 6 seconds before I can stun him again, but in doing so I won't be able to deal any status effects. Likewise, if I want to hit that dastardly champ with a defense down so I can deal more damage, I won't be able to stun him right afterwards.

Let me know your thoughts.

New Bourgious skill: Landmines

Max level: 5

The landmine acts as a summon. You plant it where you want, and it will stay in place until the castor leaves the map (not just the visible area), dies, or the landmine is detonated.

In order for the landmine to detonate, an enemy (be it player or monster) must step with 10m radius of it. On impact it will explode causing aoe damage and movement speed down. Once the landmine is removed (be it the player dieing, leaving the map or it exploding) they will be able to plant another one.

Level 1: 50 summon gauge, 200 mp, 900 skill power, 30% mspeed down with 10 second duration (100% success)

Level 2: 46 summon gauge, 250 mp, 1050 skill power, 35% mspeed down with 10 second duration (100% success)

Level 3: 42 summon gauge, 300 mp, 1200 skill power, 40% mspeed down with 10 second duration (100% success)

Level 4: 38 summon gauge, 350 mp, 1350 skill power, 45% mspeed down with 10 second duration (100% success)

Level 5: 34 summon gauge, 400 mp, 1500 skill power, 50% mspeed down with 10 second duration (100% success)

It should have a slow casting animation so that you couldn't effectively use it when going head to head with someone. And the landmines will detonate with damage based off the castors stats when they set it. Also, they will appear invisible on enemies screens, however decloaking within range will reveal the landmine, but not detonate it.

At level 5, the bourgious will be able to summon two seperate landmines if they have to max mercenary employement to increase the size of their summon guage.

This option gives dealers a viable (and tactical) summon to be used in pvp, the dread knight is more suited for and still will be more useful in pvm.

Mastered Triple Shot: This skill takes atleast 35 points to max, (24 points which are spent on mediocre attack skills), has a slow casting animation and to top it off not status effect. I would suggest to increase the range on this skill to 40m range, and give it slightly more skill power to (it has 1350, say bring it to 1550).

Considering the amount of points it needs it should actually not be a useless skill.

Weapon Augment: Increase attack speed buff percentage to 50%.

Also, ZoopkeeperAndy's ammo thread is another interesting concept that should be looked into: http://forums.warppo...-ammo-proposal/

Anyway, that is all for now.

Edited by Phish, 08 February 2011 - 04:57 PM.

#2 ZookeeperAndy

ZookeeperAndy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationAt the place, doing the thing with the stuff

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:11 PM

All we need now is for Rescudo to rig up a First Person View and a Cover system and we might have a decent FPS. -_-

#3 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:23 AM

I agree with the landmine, would be just like a Claymore in CoD -_- but 10m is a bit too much I think...6-7 would be fine.

And 40m range? Wow, would be like being hit from 1 side of mid to the other side...dunno

#4 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:30 PM

Considering how slow mastered triple shot cast, you'll already get halfway to the enemy even if it has 40m range. I guess the range on the landmines could be a little lower (or the power).

#5 JustinHaze

JustinHaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 635 posts
  • LocationDepends on the day

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:27 PM

Bump.

This should really be looked at more closely.

#6 Nihonjin

Nihonjin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:02 AM

I think bourgs need some debuff skills, so these are my suggestions.

Change the effect of Shrapnel Burst to burn effect but the target won`t receive a burn effect but the enemies around will receive the burn status, making it like this won`t make this skill OP in 1 vs 1 but make a launcher bourg more like a war type class.

Change the effect of Cannon Splash Burst to defense down OR attack down debuff or leave the movement speed down debuff but increase its duration.

Remove the skill requirements to Reflect Aura and Dual Layer.

Leave the attack power and distance of Mastered Triple Shot but give it an attack speed down and movement speed down debuff.

#7 PigGoesQuack

PigGoesQuack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

Make one for scouts also adam!

#8 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:08 PM

I did, somewhere around here...

#9 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

ad a cooldown to the landmines otherwise they can spam the landmines

#10 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:53 PM

Or just transform the whole Artisan class to Bomber Man, who use guns and bomb only XD. Since right now, the whole crafting skill list is useless, no one needs harden/darken/balance/enchant/reinforce/endow, just keep the subitem/PAT/gem cut only. -_-

#11 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

Makes sense. Actually now that I think of it, maybe the mspeed down shouldn't increase with level. It should probably stay at 30% down since it is an aoe and already does high damage.

Or just transform the whole Artisan class to Bomber Man, who use guns and bomb only XD. Since right now, the whole crafting skill list is useless, no one needs harden/darken/balance/enchant/reinforce/endow, just keep the subitem/PAT/gem cut only. -_-

So true, but watch out for copyright infringement.

#12 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:44 AM

Or make it like summons, and you can spawn 2 max. And you can spawn new ones when those get destroyed or explode.

#13 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:55 PM

Or make it like summons, and you can spawn 2 max. And you can spawn new ones when those get destroyed or explode.

problem there is when they are in a group of ppl they can spam the mines, it will be all aoe with a lot of enemy's around cause they will explode immediately

#14 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

problem there is when they are in a group of ppl they can spam the mines, it will be all aoe with a lot of enemy's around cause they will explode immediately

Add a cooldown :3

#15 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:09 PM

I'd love it if these changes were done. I would enjoy playing my bourg and arti more then -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users