Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:11 PM

POPULAR

Hey all I have just recently Transcended my Assassin and had to go through the hassle of finding new places and monsters to level on. As before it was pre renewal and everythings all over the place now. I decided to make a new leveling spot guide to help out other Thiefs just getting started or even experienced players who just havin't looked up the new places yet. I used all these places my self except 1 or 2 because I had better options or just skipped to the next on the list. I will start this list from a ripe old lvl 1 Novice.

At level 1/1 as a High Novice I went just outside Morroc on the South side and Hunted Picky's (mostly Picky with the shell if I could). Did this until after Job Change to High Thief and until around lvl 7 or so.

http://rode-r.doddle...view/moc_fild12

Baby Desert Wolfs and Scorpions** were next, around lvl 7, just one map East of the above one.
The wolfs drop Oranges often pick these up to sell to other players for around 1k easy
Scorpions also drop Scorpion Tails which are good to sell. Both are Fire 1 Monsters so a Water endow would help kill them quicker, (+50% damage).

http://rode-r.doddle...view/moc_fild11
http://rode-r.doddle...view/moc_fild18

* The fist map listed here is the best for BDWolfs the second is best for Scorpions although both monsters are on each. Scorpions though are aggressive where as BDWolfs are passive though they do assist each other if they see another attacking you.

Stainers** are great to hunt ounce your lvl 12 min or so (able to use Stiletto's). Also if you are new I would be willing to give you a Earth Endow (increases damage by 50% or so on these guys, lasts for 30min)
One map East then North of Prontera.
They drop Rainbow shells which are great to sell.

http://rode-r.doddle...view/prt_fild02

Ant Hell** is a good place to Level as well ounce you hit lvl 21 or so. The "Ant" monsters here (Deniro, Andre, Pierre) are all Earth 1 element so a Fire Endow would help (+50% damage).
Ant Hell can be found at the top right of the first map here. Talk to the NPC on the upper left side of the picky map. That map is also good for hunting them as well but is wider so more walking around.
Also pick up all the Worm Peelings that you can here. These can be traded in the Town of AlDeBran 1:1 for Red Potions. NPC is located just south of the Kafra lady over the bridge on a boat in that town.

http://rode-r.doddle...view/cmd_fild08
http://rode-r.doddle.../view/anthell01

Bylan Dungeon** is a good place to go ounce you hit level 30. As you go higher you can go farther down but the monsters on the first 2 levels are Small so will be better/easier for you to kill. All Monsters in this dungeon are Water types so if you have a Wind Endow you will do at least +75%- +100% damage.

http://rode-r.doddle...s/view/iz_dun00
http://rode-r.doddle...s/view/iz_dun01

Magnolia's are good if you are getting tired of Bylan Dungeon and are around level 43 or so. Again Water type so Wind Endow is best. Passive and they don't assist.
Two maps South and One West of Prontera.

http://rode-r.doddle...view/prt_fild09

Dustiness are good ounce you are around level 52 or so. Wind type monster so Earth Endow is good to have +75% damage. Dragon Fly is a bit tough but should be killable as well though they have higher dodge.

I stayed here till I hit level 55/50 as a High Thief. Even staying here a bit after I became an Assassin Cross. Would be equally good for a Rogue/Stalker.

http://rode-r.doddle...view/mjolnir_12

Ok now we will list some spots for the Rogues & Assassin's. I am just going to treat these both the same because I think the best damage an Assassin can do is with Double Daggers but this is most usually expensive due to the fact you only get Max damage if your using a 4 slotted MG in your off hand with appropriate cards.

Metalings are good starting at lvl 66 minimum and can be hunted till Porcellios at lvl 70. Metalings are found just south of Einbroch (take the Airship from Juno) and Porcellios are just one map east of that one. Both can be hunted on either map though.

http://rode-r.doddle...view/ein_fild08
http://rode-r.doddle...view/ein_fild09

* NOTE - a Good Main weapon for either class is a +7 Tripple Gigantic Gladius [3] (Desert Wolf Card) (upgraded as high as you can). Since the best monsters for these guys to hunt are small, Having a weapon that has +15 Atk and +45% damage to Small monsters is an asset.

** NOTE 2 - This note is geared towards DD Assassins, a Quadruple Beholder (Pecopeco Egg Cardx4) slotted Main Gauche (upgraded as far as +7-+10) is a VERY useful weapon to have and in my honest opinion will be of much use. First it can be used to increase damage on Metaling then later on Siroma and after that Magmarrings, all of which are Formless monsters. Paired with the Gladius = Great Damage. Add an appropriate Elemental endow = SUPER damage.

Siroma are the monster to hunt ounce you hit lvl 83, do them till you hit lvl 95. Ice Dungeon Lvl 1 is where to hunt them, just wing away from Gazetti's and Roweens.
As per Notes above for DD Sin's Tripple Giant Gladius & Quad Beholder MG are the weapons to use. Also for both Rogues and Assassin a Wind Endow is key here. Easily Doubles your damage output. (I was doing 2k+ with this setup myself.)

http://rode-r.doddle.../view/ice_dun01

Magmarings are the monster of choice for almost every class ounce they hit 95 and good even after going 3rd job for a bit. Veins Field 03 place to hunt. Same weapon setup as Siroma only this time a Water Endow is needed. (I still did 2k+ Damage here)

http://rode-r.doddle.../view/ve_fild03

Well thats all for the moment, will continue to update though. I will try to keep this organized.

** I am willing to provide Endow's if I am on to New Players or for a fee to others. I may not be able to give a certain endow if I am out of the following items. Places or Monsters I marked with the ** symbol have monsters that drop at least one of these items. For example Scorpions have a chance to drop Red Bloods, Stainers Wind of Verdure...etc. If you can donate one or two of any of these it would help make sure I can help others.

Green Lives (Earth Endows)
Red Bloods (Fire Endows)
Wind of Verdure (Wind Endows)
Crystal Blues (Water Endows)

Edited by EvilLoynis, 06 June 2011 - 06:59 AM.

#2 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:02 AM

Does anyone actually find this useful at all? Just curious if I should just delete it or not or if there is anything I could do that would make it better.

If it's useful to you plz just give it a +1 so I know and I can keep it up.

#3 Gnosis

Gnosis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:00 AM

Oh I'm sure it's useful to someone out there. I used an old guide from gamfaqs to lvl my thief, which was my first toon. Now I just the easy way doing eden group quests.

#4 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

Oh I'm sure it's useful to someone out there. I used an old guide from gamfaqs to lvl my thief, which was my first toon. Now I just the easy way doing eden group quests.

Actually for some classes the Eden Group Quests are not that good. I think they are the best for the Swordsmen classes due to the fact of High HP and HP Regen and Damage output. For some classes though it's tougher. The fact that Thieves are a lot more efficient killing Small size monsters due to Double attack working only with Dagger class weapons* and that Daggers only do 75%/50% damage to Med/Large monsters. This is added to the fact that Thieves using Daggers have a better attack speed.

* = Yes, Double Attack can work with other classes of weapons with the addition of either Kafra Shop items or SideWinder Card. However these are usually not known or Obtainable by newer players.

Archers and Mages also suffer some similar restrictions, although their restrictions are more of having to hunt passive monsters and also elemental problems. For Mages especially element match ups are critically important for early leveling. Depending on which of the Bolt spells they decide to learn first it can make lvling very tricky.

#5 Bxkid

Bxkid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:57 AM

DONT DELETE IT :Emo_14:
:pif: im pretty sure new thieves, and rebirth thieves could use this
I know i'm going to

#6 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:25 AM

Just updated the Stainers, Ants and Blyan dungeon to the Thief leveling section on iro wiki. Deleted the stupid reference to hunting Muka and Peco Peco as these are large monsters and you will only do 50% damage on them ideally with daggers. Dagger are best to use do to Double Attack.

EDIT: Ok now added the Magnolia's and Dustiness to the site as well.

I did NOT take out anything already there except the Muka & Peco's as those were just stupid.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 15 February 2011 - 04:06 AM.

#7 xMayhem

xMayhem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:36 AM

I found this EXTREMELY useful. =)

Especially the Magnolias..

You might wanna add Thara Frogs in Comodo. Eden quest Megalodon and Thara Frogs and collect the Webfoot(?) from the Thara Frogs cuz they can be used for the higher level Eden Quests.

Hope you put in more levelling spots. XD
Because this thread has been really useful especially for us who stopped playing a while back before Renewal.

#8 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:32 PM

You might wanna add Thara Frogs in Comodo. Eden quest Megalodon and Thara Frogs and collect the Webfoot(?) from the Thara Frogs cuz they can be used for the higher level Eden Quests.

Because this thread has been really useful especially for us who stopped playing a while back before Renewal.

Show some love and give the main post a +1 if you like it :Emo_12: .

Updated some spots for both Sin & Rogue. Please note that I did not include skills that a Rogue can learn through intimidate due to the fact that not everyone goes that route. DD skills only need really the 5 points for Right Hand mastery to be effective. Left hand note really needed due to low damage of secondary weapon, it's only contributing the card bonus's to the main hand. The monsters I added are monsters that are basically hunted through Control + Click and really don't have to be worried about SP pools running out.

PS: I am having some trouble adding spots to the Assassin in the irowiki site without totally messing up the layout. You can tell what I added in the Thief section due to the Links in blue I added. I also added the Metaling & Porcellio in the Rogue section.

http://irowiki.org/w...s#Thief_Classes

Edited by EvilLoynis, 18 February 2011 - 02:35 PM.

#9 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:59 AM

I didn't bother with the Eden quests because IMHO I really do not find them that helpful for Theif/Sin/Rogues. First for all of these classes it is usually a lot better to Hunt Small or at most Med sized monsters and even then it's best to use Carded or Endowed weapons and the eden maps are usually not simple to hunt due to congestion and distance.

#10 Gnosis

Gnosis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:53 PM

Ehh~? Though Eden quests usually are mid size monsters, the xp you get for completing a quest is pretty significant. I found the Eden quests to be really helpful in lvling, rather than searching for small sized monsters to kill. I got to Jlvl45 at a steady pace lvling off zenorc turn-ins. There's also steel chron chron and drainliar for small monsters to kill while you're down there.

#11 LastDinosaur

LastDinosaur

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:01 AM

this guide was pretty useful -_- thanks!

#12 ShedoSurashu

ShedoSurashu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:26 AM

Thanks for pointing me to this tutorial man... It somehow helped me with my thief. :D

#13 Dinmak

Dinmak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:58 AM

Anyone's got something over 3rd job lvling? lvls 100 - 110, or something?

#14 Frah

Frah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Chaos RO1 Odin RO2

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

What about katar users, where would they lv from lv 82+

#15 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:15 AM

Here's a quick summary of how/where I leveled as a Sinx and a Stalker in a couple of days before hitting 99/70(was all done before VIP came out and no exp event). Did more or less the same as a regular sin/rogue except I might have ventured off to other maps that were more ctrl-click friendly.

From job change around base level 50ish until base 71 (as a regular sin/rogue, I just used the maneater blossom turn ins
Gators + Mutant Dragonoids - Guild taxed at 50% as a SinX so I could farm mutant dragonoids for job exp since they gave 4 times more job exp than base and as a trans class you'll want all the job exp you can get (3k base and 12k job before bonuses). Just ctrl-click things to death. You'll need a fire armor or some sort to live through his fire ball and magnum break. Have the 50% tax taken off once you're done here. You don't need to be taxed but you'll just be spending more time later getting your job levels.

71 - 85
Earth Petites + Harpies - (could start killing harpies as low as levle 68).
Sinx: Mobbed and killed things with meteor assualt and a fire katar for earth petites and a earth katar for harpies.
Stalker: Bowling Bashed my way around with a fire/earth endowed sword

85 - 90
Anacondaqs - They're found 1e1n from Rachel. I tried roweens but they were too annoying to kill. Anacondaqs were way easier. It's a large map so I just mobbed where I could and ctrl-clicked everything in between.

88-95
Desert Wolves
SinX: Mobbed and killed with Meteor Assault and an ice katar. Learned to make heavy use of back slide here. Gathered up a mob of 3-4, back slide to buy time to cast, Spam Meteor assault, ctrl-click the stragglers.
Stalker: Bowling Bash all the way with a ice endowed sword. Use backslide if you need to reposition mobs or need to get away from BB lines.

95-99
Kobolds - Used the same tactic as desert wolves.
SinX: Switched to a Bloody Infiltrator for a weapon.
Stalker: I actually used a Valorous Gladiator Blade here but you could get away with a triple bloody saber

Thankfully because of all the time I spent at Gators killing Mutant Dragonoids, I literally hit 99 and job 70 at the same time.

#16 HowlingWulf

HowlingWulf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

any advice for a new sin level 45 ?? i have only a plus 8 double critical skel worker jur ??

#17 Snorlitax

Snorlitax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

+1 to the guide, thanks for telling me about it :)

I see lots of thieves in that map, don't know why. I spent some time there with my mage (because I was doing the EQs and because it was on the way to Groves and Floras)... I just can say I HATE NEREIDS!!!!!! :blink: must have fly wings, fly wings. Oh, how I hate those little jerks!!! When I have a character that is strong enough (yes, I'm a newbie and I have none atm)... REVENGE!!!!! :waddle:

Edited by Snorlitax, 18 August 2011 - 07:28 PM.

#18 TokyoTokyo

TokyoTokyo

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

-1 up for this thread-
I find this very helpful since it's been 5 years the last time I called it quits with this game...
I'm going to try and follow everyone's advice which I would find fitting for my style, though I'll use your guide as a basis...

-help needed-
I used to play as HighWiz back then at pRO Loki, and I believe I was great at handling my HW...Excluding my BS for OC/DC, I didn't have any other character, so I don't have any idea what I'm doing right now...
I have a thief character and I'm planning to be a SinX then ultimately a GX (if time permits), so do you guys know a link to updated character build guides? I'm planning to have a crit GX, if it's still even plausible (since what I'm seeing now is that most characters are now skills dependent)...
Also, any weapons you think would be best for MVP / PVP / PVM / WOE(emp breaking)... What I mean here is in general, e.g. elemental icepicks, 3X-crit something... so that it I would have a goal...

-off topic-
I'm playing in pRO Valhalla, and it kinda stinks in there...People are almost none-existent...I think there are more NPCs in the game than real people playing and I'm discounting the freakin' bots! I think you could count the number of guilds in 1 hand... Is WOE even that fun to be in now, or just boss/item hunting is more fun? All my friends (and I mean real-world close/college/HS friends) quit around the same time I did and I'm the only one returning right now.-ahh...sorry bout my rant...

-oh,and, yeah-
How do I shout in game?

Thanks for everybody's time!

-edit and sorry 'bout that-
I mistakenly clicked the 3 stars in topic ratings while I was looking for the 1up button...Sorry 'bout that...For the record, this is a 5/5stars for me...

Edited by TokyoTokyo, 25 August 2011 - 07:07 PM.

#19 Zantillia

Zantillia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:19 AM

I adore this guide! Its been over six years since I've been on RO and this lovely 'renewal' business messed up my usual haunts. My poor poor archer when I tried to lvl on Metalings at base lvl 32. Heh.
I haven't played as a thief since back in the day and my current try is suffering for it, especially since last time I went for an assassin and this time I'm trying out a DD solo rogue as an opposite of my archer. Thank you so much for this guide I really appreciate it!

#20 Kaiji

Kaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:54 PM

Thanks for this amazing guide, it helps me, cheers!

#21 Sammier21

Sammier21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationSanta Monica
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

This guide was very helpful to me since I'm new to the Theif class ;D

#22 Stefan

Stefan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

+1 To this Guilde :no1:

#23 Longinus

Longinus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Twitter:itsLONGINUS
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

Very helpful guide. Also, Tatami Maze Dungeon is great for 83-89. Dungeon Tele Scroll it and get some easy levels!

#24 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

Started scarabs for this x3 exp thing, with bmx3, doing 14k~18k per RC (EDP+Fire conv) to both scarabs, started at lv 138 - almost 144 now, in a few BMX3.
Lovin' it.

Scarabs is amazing when you can handle it. Queen is a bit too annoying and I'm not sure the time spent on her is worth more exp than just grinding while ignoring her - but I did get an OCA and it gave me an AK Card, so... good trade-off even if its not optimal to kill queen instead of grinding hahah :D

#25 shal311

shal311

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:56 AM

Thank you! The guide is very helpful. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users