Scout/Raider suggestions - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Scout/Raider suggestions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:44 PM

Another class suggestion thread, I've had some ideas for the hawker classes as well.

Bow/Hawker:

Stun arrow: Remove shared cooldown with impact arrow. Reduce duration to 1 second.

Scouts are the only class with one stun.

Scout tree:

New Skill
Inner Focus: description: Improve your ability to hit the opponents weak spot.

9 points to max

Passive: 20% critical when maxed.

Point Blank Arrow: New status: has the ability to crit.

Advanced Bow Mastery: Additional passive: 50% shield defense, 600% block rate when maxed.

This will give a different advantage for crossbow scouts. The key is that the defense gained while holding a shield won't be high nor will the strength of the blocked attackes, however being more agile than knights crossbow scouts will be able to block incoming attacks a larger portion of the time.

Common Tree:

Sprint: Change to a movement speed passive: 10% when maxed (2% each level)

Hawker Accordance: Increase to 50% attack speed buff when maxed

Melee Tree:

Change all skills to be useable with katars and duals.

Weaken: Lower duration to 15 seconds, lower cooldown to 25 seconds

Raider Tree:

Change weapon requirement to be useable on all skills except Cloak and Evasive Guard.

About these two skills: When a katar raider uses cloak, it puts them in a good position for the duration of it, and a neutral position when it is over. When a Dual Raider uses evasive guard, it puts them in a good position for the duration of it, but a bad position when it is over. This is part of the reason why dual raiders are underised compared to katar raiders. And with that in mind...

Evasive Guard: New buffs. Change to 20% additional dodge and 15% additional defense. (This will not override the current buffs). The cooldown can even be increased by 10-15 seconds so that you have to decide when will be the best time to use it.

Screw Attack: Increase power to 1400. (It has no status effect and a slow animation).

Enfeeblement: Decrease duration to 15 seconds, decrease cooldown to 20 seconds. Change it to have an aoe radius of 8m range when maxed.

Phoenix Slash: Increase the cooldown to 14 seconds

Flame Slash: Increase the cooldown to 14 seconds

Plasma Falcon: Increase the cooldown to 12 seconds.

This is to lower a raiders ability to keep the target burned for an entire fight.

Crazy Style Slash: Decrease defense down debuff amount to 20%.

It does damage and has a short cooldown, where as weaken does no damage and has a longer cooldown.

Since I am all for more freedom with skill builds I suggested to open up the raider tree (as the champ tree is). If people are strongly against it, I would still encourage the first job tree to not have a specific weapon requirement (the same goes for champs, and bourgs might as well too while your at it).

#2 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

all we need is more work for the devs huh phish..

#3 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:17 PM

scout changes are definitly needed

more, movement speed, better stune and the changes for xbows sounds very good!

#4 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:06 PM

EVASIVE GUARD SUGGESTION = like

katar/DW weapon restriction removal = unlike
wont work says me

it will work wonders for DW but for katars it will more or less be a fail
DW wont enter their own tree just get the passives
katars wont care to wander into a DW tree except for evasive guard

also
its almost impossible to wander into the other weapon tree because of the massive number of prerequisites that need to be maxxed
your suggestion might work but i am still skeptical about it

frankly here is how i think it should be for raiders

1)sprint made passive (as you suggested)

2)focused impact removed
wow...i have never seen a more crappier skill that needs to be maxed whatever the case for a raider
it has no purpose whatsoever and will allow for a more versatile build rather getting SPs finished by the time you just get the essential skills

3)evasive guard - +1 , but if it isnt supported by the rose engine or something (no other buffs overlap so) just increase duration to 2 or 1.5 minutes (but i like your suggestion better)

4)enfeeblement -i would rather have a higher mspd down rather than AOE effect since DW arent for AOE

5) aoe - make both aoes have independent CDs......i should not affect the PVP scene but would surely help in PVM

6)mystic knife - make dodge down % reliable
the upgrade will only improve raider vs raider situations and should not affect raiders vs others fights

7)burn nerf - its seriously needed.....increase the cooldown as you said

8)cloak - increase CD on decloaks....and give clerics a decloak

9) and maybe AP stat distribution for DW could be changed - more like
1str = 1 dex = 0.45 ap

other than that - back to your suggestion
screw attack could be made better or the buff could be rid of it as a prereq
nerf crazy style slash ??? - i dont think so...its not like its a very OP skill...just that it beats weaken any day
maybe weaken could be given an AOE effect for a very very small AOE (like 4-5 meters or so)
aspd buff - well high int cleric buffs will still beat it so i would rather not take it even if it was made better (<3 clerics).....but its bad no doubt

#5 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:12 PM

Katars wouldn't be able to get evasive guard because it would still have a dual requirement.

The purpose of reducing the effect of crazy style slash was do to the fact that it does damage and can be recaste well before the duration is over.

With weaken you could have a stronger, non damaging debuff that has a longer cooldown, or crazy style slash as a weaker shorter duration debuff that does damage. It would be for the sake of adding more options due to preference, if you keep crazy style slash how it is now (short duration, 30% def down) there wouldn't be much benefit to using weaken.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users