Give negative proofs if you kill in respawn area in UW - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Give negative proofs if you kill in respawn area in UW

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:18 AM

The killing in the respawn area is getting worse in UW. When the afk players were being killed I kind of figured it was justice, since it is frustrating to work so hard in a UW trying to win and they get points for standing around. But now people are up in the spawn area (either side) killing players buffing up to go fight and trying to participate. And don't tell me it is a graphical bug...if they are back by the npc and killing for more than a min or so it is not a graphical bug. They are really up there.

How about if someone kills people in the respawn area they get points taken away? Like negative proofs. Either you can take away proofs that they have or take away points they already have. Not sure if this would be possible but it would make sense. If people are killed in a certain, defined area then the killer would lose points.

#2 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:43 AM

Nice suggestion.

I'm sure it would be possible to do.

I can think of at least two ways it could be easily implemented with very minimal changes to the server base code and possibly even with just changes to the peripheral files such as QSD and IFO that the game uses.

#3 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:21 AM

Agree! Nice idea.

#4 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:56 AM

If they were shown on the defender base it's display glitch. There is NO way to get up there, whether you want to point at someone and say na na na he's up here, i seeee him!! bannn himmm!! or not.

As for attacker base, It's very possible to glitch your way all the way back into their spawn.

Besides for anyone who does it, Which is.. alot of people, they might get a whopping 15 points. Oh no, A bindrune and a half.

#5 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:04 AM

They need to just make a new union war map. It's amazing how many people run the other way when being attacked at the edge of a base then scream SCREENSHOT.

YA you ran backwards and display glitched someone in a base in an attempt to ban them. Congrats. Just what this game needs..

#6 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:33 AM

I understand the display glitch I believe. I think that when people are in the attacker's respawn, way back by the NPC they are truly in the respawn area. And when they stay back there for more than a few minutes I really believe it then. At the defenders respawn...I am not so sure. I used to think it was a display glitch but I have seen people up there, behind the NPC and behind the back wall, basically off the map. They stay there over 3-4 minutes and display on the mini map as up behind the NPC. I have also seen people up in front of the NPC, not attacking anyone, just running around up there for over 3-4 minutes. They too display on the mini map as being up there in front of the NPC.

I too think they need a new map, but that does not seem to be happening any time soon. I was just posting something as an idea we all had last night after tyring to defend and play a good UW and constantly getting attacked up in our spawn. Whether the people are on the sides or up in the respawn the effect is the same. Seems like a dumb way to win a war...complain that people are not fighting back, but not allowing them the chance to either. We just thought that for the future it was an idea to incorporate if they ever do make a new map or fix this one.

#7 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:44 AM

Yea. I do not think a new map is too farfetched though. As sometimes I think it finally dawned on them nearly every UW related suspension they handed out was indeed a display glitch.

I know what you mean about attacker base, Even with 3k mspeed you cannot be displayed right at the NPC like this. However, Very very easily can at Defender spawn. However, I also know what you mean about players behing BEHIND the base... That is exploiting.

Posted Image

Like that is definitely not display glitch. So I see your point.

Ahhhh I miss pluralist....

#8 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:49 AM

they just have to redesign the map...

it shouldnt be that difficult...

#9 pogiako

pogiako

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Server:LEONIS

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:38 PM

I think thats not good idea many player's are just leeching there low levels in uw . . .they just afk there characters and uses there main . . so i dont think thats not a good idea . . i think the starter of this topic has many characters just standing in union war . . . -_-

#10 pogiako

pogiako

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Server:LEONIS

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:40 PM

Yea. I do not think a new map is too farfetched though. As sometimes I think it finally dawned on them nearly every UW related suspension they handed out was indeed a display glitch.

I know what you mean about attacker base, Even with 3k mspeed you cannot be displayed right at the NPC like this. However, Very very easily can at Defender spawn. However, I also know what you mean about players behing BEHIND the base... That is exploiting.

Posted Image

Like that is definitely not display glitch. So I see your point.

Ahhhh I miss pluralist....

look at the screen shot there are many low levels just leeching for union war points . . -_-

#11 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:12 PM

they just have to redesign the map...

it shouldnt be that difficult...

ya im sure it wont be a big deal with 1 and a half developer

#12 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:57 AM

[quote name='pogiako' date='09 February 2011 - 08:38 PM' timestamp='1297312700' post='333326']
I think thats not good idea many player's are just leeching there low levels in uw . . .they just afk there characters and uses there main . . so i dont think thats not a good idea . . i think the starter of this topic has many characters just standing in union war . . . -_-[/quote

Just a heads up, I have never leeched a war, and would not. I fight, or try to fight, every war I am in. Secondly, the afk people do not effect my war one way or another. I truly do not care if the those that are afk die or not. My problem is when those that are fighting are dying up there, as I said.

We definitely need a new map.

Edited by Bendersmom, 10 February 2011 - 02:58 AM.

#13 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:36 PM

The spawn points/areas should be the highest points in the map. The only reason it's so easy to enter the spawn area is because they are lower in height than the parts/walls around them.

#14 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

Make proofs void if you kill the same character 3-4 times in a row. (to discourage people from farming their own characters) That is, on the 4th kill you don't get anything for killing them, but if you kill another player then you can gain proofs from killing the first one again.

Make kills count for 2x points if your side is outnumbered 3:1.

#15 Callmedude

Callmedude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:09 PM

Nice idea

But this will pissed off many Spawn-killer like these 'champion'..you know who you are..

#16 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:30 PM

how about spawn pro for 1 minute after death or entering as long you are in the spawn area (which you lose once you leave it)

so if some ones afk he will die if he isnt he wont as he can run,buff himself and kill,or just step aside from AOE zone,or stand there for 1 minute unhurt

since afk guyz will have spent 1 minute alive and will still be there they will instantly die

so spawn killers can do their job without worrying of getting banned as no players that are active will die and they our community good killing leechers

Edited by Blitzkrieg, 11 February 2011 - 11:31 PM.

#17 GreylaVu

GreylaVu

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:24 AM

i would like to see them lose 500 points per spawn kil,l and if they dont have 500 points
let points go negitive.

#18 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:30 AM

Stop leeching your chars and you wont have to worry about that.

#19 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:31 AM

Why?

Why not a new map.. Rather cost spawn killer 500 points and still have it happen on ppl's char's that dont give a F or change the map altogether so it cant happen again?

#20 victor

victor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMorgantown, WV (Temporary)

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:41 AM

How about raise level requirement to 100? Just a thought.

#21 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:24 AM

How about raise level requirement to 100180? Just a thought.

fixed

#22 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:38 AM

Yeah but this may be another huge bug as usual for gravity, because the range of the negative proofs may be up to the range where players get display glitched up there.

I would just recommend them to block the ways to get up there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users