DaDummy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationFreiburg, Germany
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:15 AM

So here it is again :(

Patching and fixing broken Requiem folders is fully working and it is possible to start the game through the official updater afterwards. So if you want you can give it a try. :)

The installation is pretty simple: Just install it into your existing Requiem directory or if you don't have one anymore in any other directory. Then launch the updater through the shortcut placed on your Desktop and wait till it is finished with updating. Then click on the 'start' button. Now the official Requiem updater starts and verifies that everything is alright. After that you are able to start the game by clicking on the 'start' button of the official patcher.

As the files for my updater are hosted on my webspace official updates might have a delay of up to 3 days till they are on my space, too. But as the official updater still has to be used with mine that shouldn't cause any additional trouble.

So if you wanna give it a try here's the download Link: http://www.dashtec.n...quiem_setup.exe

The software this is based on was created by myself using the programming language PureBasic (a C++ port is planned for near future), LZMA and xdelta. The same software with a different window design and different files distributed has been in use in a production environment for about three years now.

The current design is the design of the official updater. I'll change this if desired - I implemented it just to test if my software would support all design-features the official updater does. I left it there as my skills on design creation are too bad and a standard window design would look too bad for this game. But as said before: I'll change this if desired.

@Moderators: Tell me if you don't want me to host those files. I'll take everything offline immediately if told so. But please don't ban - I like this game and I try to support it by helping to distribute the game.

A small side note I nearly forgot:

The unknown files that are deleted by the updater are only moved to the waste bin (or whatever it is named on an english Windows) - you can still recover all deleted files from there.
Please note that the ingame settings such as resolution, shortcuts, etc. are also seen as unknown files as bad settings might prevent the game from starting and deleting the settings restores the default settings. If you want to keep your settings but still run a clean up simply recover your "user" directory from the waste bin afterwards.

A small guide:

1. Optional (might fix some problems on some systems, but everything should work fine without doing this, too): Disable Anti-virus and Windows firewall

2. Download the unofficial patcher: http://www.dashtec.n...quiem_setup.exe

3. Install the unofficial patcher into your existing not working Requiem folder

4. The Patcher is run after the installation automatically and begins to check all files and redownload/patch the files that are damaged/out of date

5. When the download finishes click on the "Start"-button and the official patcher will open up and install additional updates if necessary.

6. After the official patcher is done click on the "Start"-button again and the game will open up and work

I'm currently looking for some additional mirrors... PM me if you have about 2gb webspace and 2tb or more traffic availble...

Edited by DaDummy, 09 September 2010 - 07:15 AM.

#2 DaDummy

DaDummy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:17 AM

Current patching target is game version 00000322

#3 Freja

Freja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2769 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:10 AM

I was thinking about something similar like this awhile ago. I was thinking that one could mirror Gravity's patch FTP-server to ones local FTP-server. Then just change the hosts file in Windows to point patch.playrequiem.com to localhost (or wherever the localized FTP-server is located). A great scenario for this would be a internet café where all computers would patch from the localized FTP-server instead of Gravity's own server.

It wouldn't make much different on one computer though... except making Error 06 non-existant and patching lightning fast!

#4 DaDummy

DaDummy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:20 AM

I was thinking about something similar like this awhile ago. I was thinking that one could mirror Gravity's patch FTP-server to ones local FTP-server. Then just change the hosts file in Windows to point patch.playrequiem.com to localhost (or wherever the localized FTP-server is located). A great scenario for this would be a internet café where all computers would patch from the localized FTP-server instead of Gravity's own server.

It wouldn't make much different on one computer though... except making Error 06 non-existant and patching lightning fast!

This would be a reasonable workaround for a couple of problems occurring with the official updater. Nice idea - if you need help on the implementation let me know - maybe I can help :blink:

Still it wouldn't solve one special problem: Repairing a broken client using the official patcher doesn't work very well - at least for me. That's why I wrote this piece of software as a suggestive solution.

BTW updated to game version 00000331 ^^

#5 Freja

Freja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2769 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:37 AM

This would be a reasonable workaround for a couple of problems occurring with the official updater. Nice idea - if you need help on the implementation let me know - maybe I can help :blink:

Still it wouldn't solve one special problem: Repairing a broken client using the official patcher doesn't work very well - at least for me. That's why I wrote this piece of software as a suggestive solution.

BTW updated to game version 00000331 ^^

I did try this last weekend, and the transfering of each .RTP-file was very, very, very fast. The updater still seems to verify each file and extract it before downloaded the next one though. So most time was spent by the updater. So it still took awhile still.

But yeah, the transfer on the local network, gbit, was 80mb+ per second or something like that -_-

I haven't tried your software yet, and I don't know on which port it operates, but I'm pretty sure that anything besides port 21 would solve many issues with firewalls and evil ISPs, but I think you already know that!

#6 DaDummy

DaDummy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:02 AM

I did try this last weekend, and the transfering of each .RTP-file was very, very, very fast. The updater still seems to verify each file and extract it before downloaded the next one though. So most time was spent by the updater. So it still took awhile still.

But yeah, the transfer on the local network, gbit, was 80mb+ per second or something like that :p_devil:

I haven't tried your software yet, and I don't know on which port it operates, but I'm pretty sure that anything besides port 21 would solve many issues with firewalls and evil ISPs, but I think you already know that!

I'm using HTTP over standard port 80 for downloading the patches from a private vServer with good connection situated in Germany. But dl-speed and FTP-connectivity problems are no more my focus as it's gotten far better since when I created this updater.
Now the main reason for still maintaining this piece of software is to enable people which are getting the "Old file not found, however a file with the same name was found" error to fix their clients without completely reinstalling.

--
updated to game version 00000333

Edited by DaDummy, 09 September 2010 - 07:03 AM.

#7 Freja

Freja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2769 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:04 AM

I'm using HTTP over standard port 80 for downloading the patches from a private vServer with good connection situated in Germany. But dl-speed and FTP-connectivity problems are no more my focus as it's gotten far better since when I created this updater.
Now the main reason for still maintaining this piece of software is to enable people which are getting the "Old file not found, however a file with the same name was found" error to fix their clients without completely reinstalling.

--
updated to game version 00000333

I wish you the best of luck!

#8 DaDummy

DaDummy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:52 AM

I wish you the best of luck!

--
updated to game version 00000335

#9 valmon

valmon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:hammie,chronos(L2)

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:40 PM

hey bro i just want to ask you if you can to do an update at your program cause now with all the new mains and that merg i run your program with errors at the end....it say error old file does not exist and update stuck at 15% :p_devil: if you have any idea what to do plzz tell....

#10 DaDummy

DaDummy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:42 PM

hey bro i just want to ask you if you can to do an update at your program cause now with all the new mains and that merg i run your program with errors at the end....it say error old file does not exist and update stuck at 15% :P if you have any idea what to do plzz tell....

Updated to game version 00000359

#11 DaDummy

DaDummy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:47 PM

Updated to game version 00000370

#12 rockflocke

rockflocke

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGermany, Hagenbach/Wörth

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:36 AM

The patcher isn`t working for me, it says at "1/4 Preparing Installation" Download failed: Mirrors.
I used the patcher cause I get the "Error 06: Failed Internet connection"-window.
Anyone can help me?

#13 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:16 AM

You tryied the normal installation and patch? at wich point it stop? Wich windows do you have?

#14 rockflocke

rockflocke

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

Well, I think I tried everything... The last weeks I had no problem at all, but today I just got the 06 Error and nothing helped.
I tried reinstalling, manual updating, even restarting the computer..
I really dont know what the hell is the problem.

If I download this unofficial patcher and start the file I downloaded I have to browse for the requiem-directory, as I hit start it begins to lad but stops immediatly at (1/4) that is called "preparing the installation" saying "Warning - Download failed: Mirrors".

#15 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:48 AM

But if you played well until today, then the game didnt had any problem, and the problem was the connection, in your end, in their end or some place in the middle: in those cases the best is reset the router, unplug and plug the net and if nothing works, then wait; and if you want, you can make a tracert: https://support.warp...BSearchID=85317 to see where is the problem.

#16 rockflocke

rockflocke

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:09 PM

ok, here is the tracert:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.178.1
2 9 ms 13 ms 12 ms 217.0.116.39
3 9 ms 9 ms 10 ms 217.0.66.202
4 17 ms 10 ms 10 ms f-ed4-i.F.DE.NET.DTAG.DE [62.154.14.226]
5 11 ms 11 ms 12 ms 80.156.161.46
6 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms xe-5-1-0.r21.frnkge04.de.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250
.5.221]
7 33 ms 32 ms 27 ms as-1.r23.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.6
2]
8 115 ms 101 ms 115 ms as-1.r21.asbnva02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.1
58]
9 109 ms 111 ms 106 ms ae-0.r20.asbnva02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.4
]
10 192 ms 200 ms 186 ms as-2.r21.lsanca03.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.2
4]
11 182 ms 173 ms 174 ms po-2.r00.lsanca19.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.6.4
2]
12 195 ms 192 ms 180 ms xe-6-4.r00.lsanca19.us.ce.gin.ntt.net [204.1.253
.102]
13 190 ms 191 ms 183 ms requiem.demarcation.gravityus.com [204.2.170.54]

14 198 ms 176 ms 200 ms patch.requiem.games.gravityus.com [128.241.93.17
0]

I will try resetting my internet tomorrow, if it will work alright, I will let you know it =)

#17 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:32 PM

If i understand right, the game patched fine last week and you were playing fine and just today that start to happen? If that is the case, next time make a copy of the installed game before you try anything, that way you dont need to reinstall it.

#18 rockflocke

rockflocke

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:05 AM

Well, I just installed the game in the last week, can`t remember on what day.
Tried resetting my internet, and tried restarting another time but I still get "Error 06"
I have no idea how I can get it to work.. If that problem can`t be solved I will have to quit requiem.

#19 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:41 AM

I would suggest you to install the game, patch it and be sure that is the last version (open the version.dat file in the requiem folder, with notepad: it should said 372, but if it doesnt, dont modify it, post it here). Be sure that you are running as administrator if you play in windows vista or seven, and be sure that the anti-virus, firewall or DEP isnt blocking it.

After all that, if the game still give the error, try to wait until the maintenance today and see if that fix it.

For future reference, if the game worked fine after the patch, you shouldnt reinstall the game if it start to give error 06 message, because probably is a connection problem at some point or a windows update or anti-virus update that require to you to add again the requiem files to those programs exceptions.

#20 rockflocke

rockflocke

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:25 AM

Reinstalled it but I can`t patch it cause of the error. Immediatly after opening the patcher this error message pops up and closes the patcher.

Version.dat:
UserGameVersion=00000286;
UserPatchVersion=00000286;

Manual patching isn`t working, how many hours are left till maintenance?

#21 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:19 AM

5-6 hours

If the patcher dont start because the error, maybe something in your pc is blocking it. Wich windows do you have?

Edited by Nadesh, 16 December 2010 - 08:20 AM.

#22 rockflocke

rockflocke

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:25 AM

I have windows xp and till now I was able to patch without any problems. I switched off my firewall and antivir, but nathing changed.

#23 rockflocke

rockflocke

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:01 AM

Well, nothing changed after maintenance. Looks like I have to quit requiem.

#24 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:49 AM

Whait wait, do this, uninstall the game and delete all the remaining files in the requiem folder: remember to save the screenshots before uninstall, if you have any. Then follow this guild: http://forums.warppo...-mori-work-100/

There are also other support links in my signature, just press where it said "show".

#25 DaDummy

DaDummy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:30 AM

As two independant programs (official requiem patcher, the installer for my patcher) both have trouble connecting to their servers (which are different ones on different continents) there seems to be a software/OS related problem on your side.
* Doublecheck your Internet Explorer Network settings, especially the Proxy-Server settings.
* Try uninstalling your Firewall if you use a different one than the Windows Firewall (some firewalls block all unknown/unsigned programs from connecting, when you disable them).
* If you have multiple network interfaces (WLAN, LAN, Virtual Network Adaptors) try disabling all except for the one connected to the Internet.
* If you use some kind of anonymization- and/or VPN-tool try disabling and closing it.
* Try to remember what you changed on your PC in the time between the last successful Requiem launch and the first unsuccessful. If there is anything post it here if you are unsure if it is relevant or try to undo it.

Edited by DaDummy, 19 December 2010 - 12:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users