doreyray

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationWiscompton
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Hammy

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

As unlikely as this seems, my Trend Micro detected a virus in the Requiem folder after the newest patch. The name of the "virus" is Mal_Xed-21. I know that anti virus software often has false positives, but can someone tell me what this one is?

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

Mmm, someone else said that his anti-virus blocked the exe of the game. Maybe that is why some people cant start the game after it updated.

#3 Juush

Juush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1843 posts
  • LocationRozen, Ethergia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:bdubs

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:10 PM

o:

#4 ravenous4blood

ravenous4blood

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:15 PM

yeah im hearing alot of ppl having to fully reinstall the game and having serious problems after the patch.

http://about-threats...name=MAL_XED-21

#5 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:21 PM

Here, this link, his anti-virus detected something odd too: http://forums.warppo...pic/28958-help/

#6 DrFlashmonie

DrFlashmonie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:30 AM

thats because every games has got a keylogger built in

#7 dykealicious

dykealicious

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA, USA

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:35 AM

I have the same problem. Turned off the antivirus but kept firewall on and that helped, but the previously detected Bad Patches were altered after I restored them and it wouldn't run. Trying the new version of the client now. Ugh.

#8 Eivan

Eivan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:56 AM

wtf !! I am downloading the patch ...

#9 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:08 AM

The patch dont have a virus, but some people have problems with their antivirus blocking the requiem.exe

#10 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:06 AM

the patch about two months ago had this change in the requiem.exe file itself, I think. I dunno what exactly but it set of the heuristics of some virus programs, notably Trend and Comodo ones. There were 1 or 2 other reports of additional false positives, I think Norton perhaps also. It's a false positive. Whatever Gravity did to that file makes it, on execution, look suspicious to antivirus programs that look for suspicious stuff (a.k.a., those with heuristics ON). That's why it wasn't in their definition set.

Why is this so hard and why are pplz necroing old ass threads?

#11 Raiff

Raiff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:52 AM

the patch about two months ago had this change in the requiem.exe file itself, I think. I dunno what exactly but it set of the heuristics of some virus programs, notably Trend and Comodo ones. There were 1 or 2 other reports of additional false positives, I think Norton perhaps also. It's a false positive. Whatever Gravity did to that file makes it, on execution, look suspicious to antivirus programs that look for suspicious stuff (a.k.a., those with heuristics ON). That's why it wasn't in their definition set.

Why is this so hard and why are pplz necroing old ass threads?

Because new players like me are still encountering this problem with new patches, and so come here to find out why.

#12 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:21 AM

Raiff, do you have that problem or alredy solve it?

#13 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:56 AM

Raiff, and OP and anyone else having this issue: here's the fix. Add in requiem.exe (located in your Program Files folder probably) and the patcher.exe updaterblablabla.exe, every executable in the root directory of your blablbablba/Gravity/Requiem folder to your antivirus's exceptions list(s) so it knows not to scan these files. It would only slow your system, conceivably. Reread my earlier post if you want to know why.

I'm tired of being unpaid technical support who makes more posts in the Technical Support section and Bug Reporting Section than the COMBINED posts of ^__^tyoldforum's mods.

Aren't you also, Nadesh?

#14 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

I dont know if tired is the word, but for sure it would be great to see the moderators answering more often.

#15 Overlord666

Overlord666

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1158 posts
  • LocationTransylvania
  • Server:Underworld

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

Simply stop posting here. Maybe, just maybe, if you stop helping, the mods wake up. Not likely, but why bother if they don't?

#16 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:29 PM

As i see it, the support section of the forum was made to players help other players and if someone want the real support help, they must sumbit a ticket. Still, someone of their team answering more often here, would help a lot.

I am afraid that if the few that help in this section, stop to post, then nobody will help the ones that need it.

#17 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:30 AM

I want this, and other such relevant tech support threads that the same players keep answering over and over again (like 'halp! all i see is outlines and faceless gray people, what do i do?!?!') stickied so your players who post here daily, as opposed to weekly or monthly by Gravity (truly shameful), never have to waste our time on this particular issue again.

Thank you in advance for your compliance.

[EDIT: And I mean CONSPICUOUSLY sticked, cuz if the same question gets asked every two weeks ad infinitum, it's not easy enough for new people to find.]

Edited by Vosk, 11 May 2011 - 09:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users