Password AND account issues. - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Password AND account issues.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nrod

Nrod

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:40 PM

I haven't played in a few months. Actually, I think its been since November-ish that I haven't played. So last week, I tried to log on and I got some message about my account being banned until 12-31-2012. I opened a ticket and didn't get a response, figured it'd take a few days. No big deal. Then I get an email from Warp Portal 2 days ago, and I figure it's something to do with my account, so I open it and it says my password has been changed. I hadn't changed my password because I had changed my password within the last 6 months and figured I didn't need to change it again. Clearly I was mistaken, so I went to the Warp Portal website and tried to retrieve my new password, except, I can't do that either. Now, when I enter my account information for them to send me my new password, it says my account name is not possible because it has a period in the name, and the system only allows for letters and #s. So not only is my inactive account banned, but even if I wanted to play, I cannot get my password.

Can a GM help me with everything? I would like to play, but if its going to be a massive hassle, I will just forget it. Thanks.

Edited by Nrod, 11 February 2011 - 12:46 PM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:55 PM

I haven't played in a few months. Actually, I think its been since November-ish that I haven't played. So last week, I tried to log on and I got some message about my account being banned until 12-31-2012. I opened a ticket and didn't get a response, figured it'd take a few days. No big deal. Then I get an email from Warp Portal 2 days ago, and I figure it's something to do with my account, so I open it and it says my password has been changed. I hadn't changed my password because I had changed my password within the last 6 months and figured I didn't need to change it again. Clearly I was mistaken, so I went to the Warp Portal website and tried to retrieve my new password, except, I can't do that either. Now, when I enter my account information for them to send me my new password, it says my account name is not possible because it has a period in the name, and the system only allows for letters and #s. So not only is my inactive account banned, but even if I wanted to play, I cannot get my password.

Can a GM help me with everything? I would like to play, but if its going to be a massive hassle, I will just forget it. Thanks.

Have you checked the ticket at support.warpportal.com? Some ISP's block emails from warpportal support (regarding ticket updates) but don't block other emails from gravity.

Also - the deal with password changes is that if the password on the account was in use since before the oct2010 password change (ie, if you changed it back to the old password) it was forcibly changed. People were getting hacked due to weak/old passwords.

Edited by DrAzzy, 11 February 2011 - 12:59 PM.

#3 Nrod

Nrod

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:34 PM

Have you checked the ticket at support.warpportal.com? Some ISP's block emails from warpportal support (regarding ticket updates) but don't block other emails from gravity.

Also - the deal with password changes is that if the password on the account was in use since before the oct2010 password change (ie, if you changed it back to the old password) it was forcibly changed. People were getting hacked due to weak/old passwords.

I got a ticket back 3 days ago.

"Thank you for your request for support.

Unfortunately, your account may have been accessed by an unauthorized third party and is therefore under investigation. Your ticket is being forwarded to a supervisor for further review. We thank you in advance for your patience, as we work to resolve this issue.

Thank you,

John
Customer Service Representative
WarpPortal Support Team"

So I am still waiting on the suspension thing. The password thing is lame because my account name is something like this:

Xxxx.Xxx

And so when I try to get my new password emailed to me, it always says:

Use letters and numbers only.

But my account name has something other than a number or letter. So what the hell?

#4 Nrod

Nrod

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:11 PM

Bump.

Use letters and numbers only.

How do I fix this? I want to try to get my account up and I cannot even get my password sent to me. I need a GM to help me.

#5 Nrod

Nrod

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:16 PM

Bump. Still cannot receive an email to get my new password. Any help is needed, thanks.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:18 AM

Wait for the supervisor to get back to you; monitor the ticket.

There's always been more of a delay on tickets that involve a supervisor. Also, you can try PMing Oda on the forums in the hopes that he can expedite your service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users