• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kishandra

Kishandra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:54 PM

I'm sure that I'm not alone with my aggravation towards the length of time It takes to kill raid bosses. Knowing that it will take 2 hours to kill something regardless of how many people die is a MAJOR turn off towards this game. Whats the point in making players prove that they can continue to do the same things over and over again for over an hour?

Proposal: Cut raid bosses health to 1/4th what they are currently. This will invigorate people, they will want to raid more, they will pay to level new characters to raid, instead of doing one raid on one character each day many players will create as many avatars as they can to raid as much as they can.

Concession for the proposal: Allow raid bosses to use all their skills at any time in the raid. This should make the raid a little harder, and even out the duration with difficulty.

Additional issue with Ruinhorn: Earth shock needs to deal a bit less maximum damage, The range should be 4k to 6k damage, instead of the 4k to 8k

in short: make the raid bosses fun, more players will stay and play and pay.

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:01 AM

It could be nice if they reduce the bosses duration and increased their AI. Bosses should do more stuffs that require some tactics to kill them and not just stand there for hours hitting the same key.

#3 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:44 AM

It would be nicer if the devs took a math course instead of having ridiculous methods for devising damage.

#4 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:04 AM

The main problem is the bosses dynamic.

RH:

For example, could have a skill in wich it fly away from the screen and land in a random place and deal aoe damage. This wouldnt be hard to be done since Tempests alredy have a skill that teleport them to a random place, it only would be a matter to add area damage to the version of that skill used by rh.

Lord Werinuman:

It could have a skill that kill everything inside his lair, but the place could have a safe area in wich the players wouldnt recieve any damage from that specific skill when it is casted: ofc the skill would need to give a 10 secs warning or something like that. This wouldnt be so hard to be done, since we alredy have totems that buff the players when they are inside a specific area, it would only be a matter to let the players be immune to that specific skill when they have that specific buff.

Or it could be some kind of device that the players need to active to dont recieve that skill damage, something like a force field that dont let them recieve damage but also cant attack.

This are just some dumb ideas about how it could be but i think that is quite better than have the boss there without move, or running in circles.

#5 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!
  • Server:FOC

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:20 PM

I personaly would rather have it they cant be bugged.
I have been called noob for not wanting to log "dash" toons to go DC. ><

Yes increase there AI - make it so they can go anywhere in the instance. Escape the maps mesh's/walls if needs be. anywhere a player can get to so should a boss.

Surely this is easy to code. just reset the boundrys they have allready set.

Once they fix it so bosses cant be bugged then lower HP etc.

><

Kim

#6 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:21 AM

I personaly would rather have it they cant be bugged.
I have been called noob for not wanting to log "dash" toons to go DC. ><

Yes increase there AI - make it so they can go anywhere in the instance. Escape the maps mesh's/walls if needs be. anywhere a player can get to so should a boss.

Surely this is easy to code. just reset the boundrys they have allready set.

Once they fix it so bosses cant be bugged then lower HP etc.

><

Kim

Only 2 problems.

1) If they stay behind the wall, you can't hit them.
2) If they get stuck, you never can kill them.

#7 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:14 PM

Depends on party. With a strong party Plugger goes down in like 30 mins, Robs like 45min and Tyrant about 1 hr.

#8 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

Yes, but you usualy need the same, but upgraded, equipment that those bosses drop to be able to kill them that fast. But the problem is that people dont have motivation: boring bosses + long duration + low drop = people dont want to go.

#9 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:27 PM

Yes, but you usualy need the same, but upgraded, equipment that those bosses drop to be able to kill them that fast. But the problem is that people dont have motivation: boring bosses + long duration + low drop = people dont want to go.

Yep... I still think that Bosses should drop a key to each player that opens a side chest in addition to main raid gears. Im not talking super drops, but a chance to get some nice stuff none the less. Maybe a chance to get 2 day sealed, compressions, SVS/TB/FOC/ION points.... Something to make it worth the while...

#10 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:07 PM

This is called a raid. It's very fun and challenging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp50gUCAqwc

Requiem has none of them since boring bosses with only HP and no special scripts can't be considered fun for the most part.

Edited by Loyalty1, 17 February 2011 - 07:11 PM.

#11 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:49 PM

Depends on party. With a strong party Plugger goes down in like 30 mins, Robs like 45min and Tyrant about 1 hr.

For me, no boss should take more than 30mins.
That's just too much off my life to stay in one place.

Especially for just 2 drops.

And to top it, the 2 drops can also be crappy...

Carus Grade:
1) HP Recovery (armor enchant)
2) HP Recovery (weapon enchant)
3) Knuckles
4-7) Weapon enchant (CON, MND, INT, DEX)
8) Jewels that are complete crap.

#12 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:33 AM

This is called a raid. It's very fun and challenging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp50gUCAqwc

Requiem has none of them since boring bosses with only HP and no special scripts can't be considered fun for the most part.

That could be cool. Before they incresed the number of people in parties, i was thinking in Corps Raids. Some kind of mega raid bosses that need 45 players to be killed.

The sad part is that the raid bosses and bosses in general could be improved a lot with things that are alredy in game. For example, lets pick Jugger Nut, and make its hp x3 for a raid, then give it the fear skill from Doom Cheras and give it the random attack from the first boss in Secret Lab, pluss a jump skill that hit an area (just like the ones that Berserkers have but with different animation) that hit a random area of the lair. Or even better, in the case of Jugger Nut, a skill that bury and move underground and appear in an area, dealing aoe damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users