[Archived] How to play Ragnarök Online on macOS - Page 17 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Archived] How to play Ragnarök Online on macOS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
544 replies to this topic

#401 Avaira

Avaira

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:43 AM

If you're using the Mac Driver, which I strongly recommend that you do, then you must use the command key as a substitute for the alt key; it's unfortunately impossible to use the option key as a substitute for the alt key when using Mac Driver.

When you say Mac Driver, do you mean just switching the shortcut board on RO with the Command key? Or is this a separate program that helps the keyboard with running the windows games. Sorry some lingo still seems a bit confusing (this being my first mac) which is a OS X Version 10.9.4. Thank you again for helping me out!

Edit: One thing I noticed after playing around: So the command key does work on some short cuts like you said. Like Command V or E. Etc. The only one that doesn't work is Command Q but I can always just change the short cut. I just was wondering why that is? I know in RO the Q it was to be equipment but on my mac it means "turn off the program". Just curious. 

Alizarin

Edited by Avaira, 16 January 2015 - 09:59 AM.

#402 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:34 PM

When you say Mac Driver, do you mean just switching the shortcut board on RO with the Command key? Or is this a separate program that helps the keyboard with running the windows games. Sorry some lingo still seems a bit confusing (this being my first mac) which is a OS X Version 10.9.4. Thank you again for helping me out!

Edit: One thing I noticed after playing around: So the command key does work on some short cuts like you said. Like Command V or E. Etc. The only one that doesn't work is Command Q but I can always just change the short cut. I just was wondering why that is? I know in RO the Q it was to be equipment but on my mac it means "turn off the program". Just curious. 

Alizarin

The Mac Driver is a relatively new component of Wine that enables Windows applications running under Wine to better integrate with OS X. If the Mac Driver is enabled, then the shortcut for the Quit Wine item on the RO client's application menu should be option-command-Q, not command-Q. Is this the case?

gyqpZOe.png

#403 Avaira

Avaira

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

The Mac Driver is a relatively new component of Wine that enables Windows applications running under Wine to better integrate with OS X. If the Mac Driver is enabled, then the shortcut for the Quit Wine item on the RO client's application menu should be option-command-Q, not command-Q. Is this the case?

gyqpZOe.png

Nope, I just checked on wine, my Quit Wine is just Command Q. How do I turn on the Mac Driver? Thank you again for your help.

#404 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:43 PM

Nope, I just checked on wine, my Quit Wine is just Command Q. How do I turn on the Mac Driver? Thank you again for your help.

• In Finder, secondary-click the wrapper.
  • Choose Show package contents.
  • Open the application Wineskin.
  • Press Set screen options….
  • Tick/check Use Mac Driver instead of X11.
  • Press Done.

#405 Avaira

Avaira

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:14 PM

Hey Axylus,

I know its been awhile but I'm still having troubles with the Mac Driver/Alt Q thing. For the time being I just switched my keys around but I still have the issue of misclicking Alt Q and it closes my client. I'm so frustrated about it because its done this two times in a row when Ive been in Mora and in OGH. Can you give me any other advice to fix it? 

Alizarin

#406 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:34 AM

Hey Axylus,

I know its been awhile but I'm still having troubles with the Mac Driver/Alt Q thing. For the time being I just switched my keys around but I still have the issue of misclicking Alt Q and it closes my client. I'm so frustrated about it because its done this two times in a row when Ive been in Mora and in OGH. Can you give me any other advice to fix it? 

Alizarin

I'd probably be able to find the cause of the problem if I could share your computer's screen using TeamViewer. If you want me to do that, then send me your Skype user name in a private message. :)

#407 alnilam

alnilam

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:04 PM

HI Axylus,

Not sure if u remember but you did help me on installing wineskin lol, and its been working great! I have been using wineskin for awhile now, but lately it has been freezing on me every 30min and it is frustrating while trying to lvl in bio4.. any ideas on how to fix it? :(

#408 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:09 PM

HI Axylus,

Not sure if u remember but you did help me on installing wineskin lol, and its been working great! I have been using wineskin for awhile now, but lately it has been freezing on me every 30min and it is frustrating while trying to lvl in bio4.. any ideas on how to fix it? :(

Try creating a new wrapper that uses the latest version of the WSWine engine. If that doesn't resolve the problem, then you'll probably have to switch to using CrossOver, which is far more reliable than Wineskin.

#409 kurtskykeigee82

kurtskykeigee82

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:36 AM

Hi.

Thank you axylus for all the help in this thread however this is driving me nuts.

I managed to successfully play in myRO (myro.tk) and iRO renewal with no problems using wine.

I somehow can't using crossover whoch has a simpler looking interface but I cant understand it,

i follow your steps here though, creating a new bottle (xp) running the .exe.

Anyway, i can't run pRO (philippine ragnarok online) and dreamerRO.

Whenever i run dreamerRO using wine, it just shows this tiny white box on the upper left part

of my screen. When i click it though nothing happens theres just a notification with a checkbox

showing dreamerRO. I tried creating an exe using the patcher, it patches it but does nothing

upon clicking start game.

Thanks so much for your guidance here.

#410 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:09 PM

Hi.

Thank you axylus for all the help in this thread however this is driving me nuts.

I managed to successfully play in myRO (myro.tk) and iRO renewal with no problems using wine.

I somehow can't using crossover whoch has a simpler looking interface but I cant understand it,

i follow your steps here though, creating a new bottle (xp) running the .exe.

Anyway, i can't run pRO (philippine ragnarok online) and dreamerRO.

Whenever i run dreamerRO using wine, it just shows this tiny white box on the upper left part

of my screen. When i click it though nothing happens theres just a notification with a checkbox

showing dreamerRO. I tried creating an exe using the patcher, it patches it but does nothing

upon clicking start game.

Thanks so much for your guidance here.

Unfortunately, the PRO client isn't compatible with Wine/CrossOver because it incorporates GameGuard.

I'm afraid I can't provide you with assistance with using unofficial RO clients.

#411 kurtskykeigee82

kurtskykeigee82

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:55 PM

Thanks! 

#412 ChickenPorkAdobo

ChickenPorkAdobo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationNASA PUSO MO!!!
  • Server:Server ng Pagbabago

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:41 AM

Hi Axylus,

I' am too lazy to read 17 pages thread  :heh: . I just want to asked how can you do dual client using wineskin? it wont let me open another client. do i need to have another client using wineskin?

thank you in advance. 

#413 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:18 AM

Hi Axylus,

I' am too lazy to read 17 pages thread :heh: . I just want to asked how can you do dual client using wineskin? it wont let me open another client. do i need to have another client using wineskin?

thank you in advance.

create new bottle & using different name (ex. Ragnarok Online & RO)

#414 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:36 AM

Hi Axylus,

I' am too lazy to read 17 pages thread  :heh: . I just want to asked how can you do dual client using wineskin? it wont let me open another client. do i need to have another client using wineskin?

thank you in advance.

The Usage section of the Wineskin guide explains how to do that. :) In short, you add the wrapper to your dock and then drop the file Ragnarok.exe onto it.

Edited by Axylus, 26 March 2015 - 04:38 AM.

#415 CharmedByAhri

CharmedByAhri

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:53 PM

I'd probably be able to find the cause of the problem if I could share your computer's screen using TeamViewer. If you want me to do that, then send me your Skype user name in a private message. :)

Hey Axylus, this is Avaira from before. I thought I could just get used to it and change up the hot keys. But I shoulda just looked back at the forums and had you fix it. I'm gonna download Teamviewer and PM you now. Thanks a bunch!

#416 CharmedByAhri

CharmedByAhri

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:26 AM

"reg add HKCU\Software\Wine\Drivers /v Graphics /d mac" Saved my life! Thank you again Axylus for all your help.

I can now Alt+Q in peace without worry.  :thx:

#417 viviienne

viviienne

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Server:loki

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:59 AM

Hello! I am using Crossover and everything has worked out well until I go to run the renewal client. I can run and play Classic without any hitches (thus far), but the Renewal client has been patched, and when I click Start it maximizes onto my screen and I hear the music but there is no picture. If I alt-tab and then try to open the window again it opens/closes a small window in the upper left corner of my screen and I can't do anything but exit out then. Any help? You're a great guy for keeping this thread alive!

#418 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:00 PM

Hello! I am using Crossover and everything has worked out well until I go to run the renewal client. I can run and play Classic without any hitches (thus far), but the Renewal client has been patched, and when I click Start it maximizes onto my screen and I hear the music but there is no picture. If I alt-tab and then try to open the window again it opens/closes a small window in the upper left corner of my screen and I can't do anything but exit out then. Any help? You're a great guy for keeping this thread alive!

Are you attempting to run the client in full-screen mode? Unfortunately, full-screen works very poorly under CrossOver, and I therefore don't recommend using it.

(Wow, it's been almost five years since I created this thread, and it isn't even the original version of it!)

Edited by Axylus, 12 April 2015 - 02:09 PM.

#419 viviienne

viviienne

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Server:loki

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:09 AM

Are you attempting to run the client in full-screen mode? Unfortunately, full-screen works very poorly under CrossOver, and I therefore don't recommend using it.

(Wow, it's been almost five years since I created this thread, and it isn't even the original version of it!)

Alright! Got it! I might as well just play classic then ha. Now once Crossover runs out, do you recommend switching to Wineskin? Also what is the easiest way to right click?

PS I fully appreciate the 17 pages of consistent help from you! Over five years ha.

Edited by viviienne, 13 April 2015 - 07:11 AM.

#420 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:23 PM

Alright! Got it! I might as well just play classic then ha. Now once Crossover runs out, do you recommend switching to Wineskin? Also what is the easiest way to right click?

PS I fully appreciate the 17 pages of consistent help from you! Over five years ha.

Don't you like playing in windowed mode? I actually prefer it because I so frequently switch between applications.

I'd highly recommend buying CrossOver if you can afford it for the following reasons:
  • CrossOver is far easier to use than Wineskin.
  • CrossOver is far more reliable than Wineskin.
  • CrossOver supports CrossTie profiles, which allow you to easily and quickly install numerous Windows applications and all of their dependencies. For example, you can install a Steam game in just a few steps.
  • The developers of CrossOver, CodeWeavers, work very hard and contribute all of their work on Wine back to the Wine Project.
If you can't afford CrossOver, then Wineskin will probably suffice. You can always buy CrossOver when it's being offered at a large discount as part of a software bundle, which happens a few times per year.

#421 Peyton

Peyton

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:36 PM

Getting an issue with the installer stating that the "Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error" and that my "system has not been modified".

I'm not very well versed in computer knowledge, but I'd really like to play iRO and can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit:

Link to log-

https://www.dropbox....Online.log?dl=0

This also appears after the error

Edited by Peyton, 02 May 2015 - 07:47 AM.

#422 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:30 PM

Getting an issue with the installer stating that the "Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error" and that my "system has not been modified".
I'm not very well versed in computer knowledge, but I'd really like to play iRO and can't figure out what I am doing wrong.
Any help would be appreciated.

Oops! I forgot to reply to your post. Sorry!

Did you download the files Media1.cab and Media2.cab? They're both required to complete the installation.

Edited by Axylus, 10 June 2015 - 08:45 AM.

#423 CaroStealsCats

CaroStealsCats

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:32 AM

Hi Im sorry to bring this post up again but Im having a bit of a problem;

I have everything installed with Wine however the game window is too big for my laptop screen and I can't seem to change it. I've tried everything I can think of - set screen options, configutility, and I'm pretty sure when I first got the game installed I had the right screen size option checked.. (the screen where you enable the mouse out of the screen)

So.. yeah Im a bit stumped - nothing I've done has changed the screen size in any way - it's fine width-wise, just too tall

Caroline

#424 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:30 PM

Hi Im sorry to bring this post up again but Im having a bit of a problem;

I have everything installed with Wine however the game window is too big for my laptop screen and I can't seem to change it. I've tried everything I can think of - set screen options, configutility, and I'm pretty sure when I first got the game installed I had the right screen size option checked.. (the screen where you enable the mouse out of the screen)

So.. yeah Im a bit stumped - nothing I've done has changed the screen size in any way - it's fine width-wise, just too tall
Caroline

If you're using Wineskin, then you'll need to create an application bundle for either the Renewal or Classic client configurator, depending on which server you play on. The Installation: Creating application bundles section of the Wineskin guide explains how to accomplish this.

#425 CaroStealsCats

CaroStealsCats

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:36 AM

If you're using Wineskin, then you'll need to create an application bundle for either the Renewal or Classic client configurator, depending on which server you play on. The Installation: Creating application bundles section of the Wineskin guide explains how to accomplish this.

I already have - maybe I'm not opening the right thing? To open the game I go

/Users/Caroline/Applications/Wineskin/Ragnarok (my application bundle) and I click it ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users