Zombie Apocalypse/Evil Dead Instance - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Zombie Apocalypse/Evil Dead Instance

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:02 AM

I think there should be a Zombie Apocalypse or Evil Dead instance. They could dupe a city map and flood it with undead. If they want to take it up a notch, only gunslingers allowed :Emo_12:

#2 akosinico

akosinico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:04 AM

LOL! Slingers only? Resident evil, ahahah. It's cool to any town exceptt Prontera.

#3 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:42 AM

Hey we think alike (except the Slingers only bit :Emo_12: Battle Bishops should be allowed too). I was commenting on one of the renewal/RO future threads about the lack of undead areas for high levels. Pretty much its Nameless or bust and that only goes up to a certain level before it gets slow. Heim replied.
http://forums.warppo...post__p__321463

Yes we will be requesting new maps and contents (monsters), a 140zone with demon and undead is certainly a feasible idea.

Those plans were going to starting being made after the current fixes. Renewal was a 2 pronnged approach at vitalizing the game.

1. Veterans have a new class and 50 more levels to explore character development
2. New users have an easier time getting to the "old max" point so they could then do the 50 levels.

The focus is 100% on getting the new to be quickly where the old limit was. The diversity and balance is certainly stronger in the sub-100 content. The formulas needed revamping to allow the game to grow in monsters/classes/equipments , but it is not optimized at all yet, but at least development can continue to go in a more correct direction.

I don't think Heim was talking about kRO with a 14x demon/undead dungeon. kRO hasn't got anything like that from what the first post in this thread shows for the next year or more of updates. I think he means an exclusive to iRO content designed by us. Maybe part of the "premium dungeons" or "tougher dungeons" thing they mentioned in past. It'd be nice if there was a contest for them like the Design An Event/Hat/Mount contests. I'd like it to be some vast winding Catacombs with various rooms like in France and/or some abandoned Ground Zero town with a zombie infestation. Zombie movies are popular in the West could go down well. A town where experimentation went wrong and a virus escaped turning everything there into biological zombies (townsfolk who ignored/refused evacuation warnings and wildlife) etc. Or an abandoned haunted house mansion.

Along with boosting Eucharistica (make it max at lvl 5 and work for both demon and undead) and maybe Signum Crucis.

Could be like Biolabs Undead version but also I'd like to see unusual mutated wildlife there too (think Parasite Eve). Found a pic someone upped on Photobucket:

Posted Image

P.S. Also remove the first class monsters from Bios 1 and boost Remover spawn like jRO did. Was trying to level on the level 121 Undeads there as they're within the 15 level range but the 13x first classers just get in the way and aren't worth it to kill with exp penalties etc.

Edited by soudou, 21 February 2011 - 06:08 AM.

#4 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:44 AM

Well the GMs once said "You make it and we'll make sure you get paid for it" for my housing event suggestion. I don't even want to get paid - I just want new content. And hell I'll make the instance or map scripts if they'll take it! Zombie/Undead Apocalypse much too tempting. Setting: morroc. NPCs: Those uber creepy mutants from that one quest. The enemies: everything scary :Emo_12:

Edited by Ultimate, 21 February 2011 - 07:44 AM.

#5 sniffles

sniffles

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSubspace Highway
  • Server:Valk

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:45 AM

I think that this is a great idea. Zombies are in right now and I personally know a hand full of people who only play certain games because of zombies modes and themes. The zombie phenomenon is almost like a culture now and would definitely benifit the western audience as stated above. I like how the Vesper instance in Juperos has you fighting wave after wave of dimiks and venatus in confined rooms. Something like that would be cool possibly leading up to a Nemesis(Resident Evil) like MVP or something. Or you could take a different approach and make it more of a survival horror type instance where you're stripped of all your gears and supplies and can only bring a priest for heals. You would have to run past the undead out of a labyrinth of some sort to safety (anyone else remember the halloween event similar to this?).

#6 NiteWolfX13

NiteWolfX13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:22 AM

.. I'm all for a zombie apocalypse. 0_0

#7 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:57 AM

Yeah, just confirming those pictures are from the original Parasite Eve game.

Three-headed German Shepard (Shiva) and a mutant rat.

Edited by Sera, 21 February 2011 - 09:58 AM.

#8 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:43 PM

Undead Nightmare for slingers +1 :angry:

#9 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:51 PM

Zombie instance would be epic.

#10 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:55 AM

Kind of a Rag4Dead perhaps?

I've been worried that in recent years, the zombie apocalypse theme has been a bit overplayed (Nazi zombies in COD, or the countless bad movies on Netflix instant) in recent years in films and video games-but the success and quality production of things like Zombieland, World War Z and Dead Rising/Left4Dead/Dead Space (the use of Dead in the game names are way overplayed, however) show that the genre still is capable of producing fun experiences and interesting stories.

I'd love to see some class specific quests being implemented in the future, especially for the expansion class characters.

Maybe by Halloween we can get together a nice Evil Dead/Army of Darkness theme quest going on. Glast Heim is criminally underused right now, so that would be an easy fit for scary goings-on.

#11 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:33 AM

Kind of a Rag4Dead perhaps?

I've been worried that in recent years, the zombie apocalypse theme has been a bit overplayed (:angry: zombies in COD, or the countless bad movies on Netflix instant) in recent years in films and video games-but the success and quality production of things like Zombieland, World War Z and Dead Rising/Left4Dead/Dead Space (the use of Dead in the game names are way overplayed, however) show that the genre still is capable of producing fun experiences and interesting stories.

I'd love to see some class specific quests being implemented in the future, especially for the expansion class characters.

Maybe by Halloween we can get together a nice Evil Dead/Army of Darkness theme quest going on. Glast Heim is criminally underused right now, so that would be an easy fit for scary goings-on.

oda, this is why we love you!

#12 NiteWolfX13

NiteWolfX13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:40 AM

After an extremely long trip of 10 hours, I thought more about this idea a bit. Eventhough it's probably a bit too much work, I think it would be really cool if instead of using monsters similar to RE, etc, we had something like..

A quest or maybe some sort of mini game type thing (we are extremely lacking in this area) where a party of people are needed in order to help cleanse out (instanced?) multiple cities filled with "zombified" NPC's you would find in those citites normally. Maybe make it so there are random spots on the map where survivors are that the party needs to find and rescue. Maybe have some survivors blend in with the zombies somehow to give difficulty, like make it so they run around, but do not attack players, if this is possible even.. Points or some type or reward could be given per survivor and/or how fast the map is completely cleared. While accidentally killing survivors results in a loss in points. (Although.. I wasnt sure what the reward(s) for this would add up to.)

I thought about making each city have a "zombified" kafra mvp at the end of every zombie clearing. Maybe all the kafras switch up AI's/skills at random each time you go (for the mini game setting) to keep players guessing. Maybe even they could have the possibility to drop those cool player designed kafra cards? 8D (http://forums.warppo...-a-card-effect/)

I haven't thought it all the way out for the quest type setting or really even story-wise, but seeing as to the game having very few accessory type items that give the player to change their sprite (like wedding, swim suits, santa suit), maybe something that could be obtained with this is an accessory allowing the player to become a zombie sprite themself. This way it allows the player to somewhat decide their own zombie apocalypse ending as to whether they themselves survived it or not! :]

Edited by NiteWolfX13, 22 February 2011 - 07:43 AM.

#13 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:11 AM

Funnily enough, one of the GMs and I were brainstorming a fun zombie RTS game. It would be sort of like the old Syndicate wars games, with tactical stuff, and resource management. You have to rescue and recruit survivors, scavenge for supplies and insure that your fledgeling survivior group won't starve as you fortify buildings and fend off the hordes of undead. Like the classical Romero/World War Z/Walking Dead scenario, after the initial zombocalypse the big threat is other human groups, carelessness and general survival-zombies are a threat but you are only in real danger if you are careless.

Then we saw this article: http://www.joystiq.c...rain/#continued

Basically this was exactly what we were thinking of...oh well.

#14 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:12 PM

N a z i

#15 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:25 PM

Funnily enough, one of the GMs and I were brainstorming a fun zombie RTS game. It would be sort of like the old Syndicate wars games, with tactical stuff, and resource management. You have to rescue and recruit survivors, scavenge for supplies and insure that your fledgeling survivior group won't starve as you fortify buildings and fend off the hordes of undead. Like the classical Romero/World War Z/Walking Dead scenario, after the initial zombocalypse the big threat is other human groups, carelessness and general survival-zombies are a threat but you are only in real danger if you are careless.

Then we saw this article: http://www.joystiq.c...rain/#continued

Basically this was exactly what we were thinking of...oh well.

Well here's an idea I know the GMs can do without kRO:
- It should be a town, like destroyed morroc
- There should just be a large amount of enemies to kill and different ways to summon even more enemies. Zombies, undead themed monsters, etc. NPCs to be used could be the mutants from the academy quests.
- It could be gunslinger specific or you could obtain a skill called "Marksmenship" for all classes which allows you to equip a new type of weapon "Zombie Slayer" which is ranged and has the same sprite/skill graphic as a gunslinger's firing. Or all it could melee if that's too much.

and here's an idea I'm not sure we could pull off without external help:
- Oda mentioned factions so here's how this could work:
- Prontera and Geffen, and the maps in between (if you were walking) would be duplicated. Either the map in the middle of these two cities OR the two cities themselves would be the safe zones. Could also be Prontera to Al de Baren as that's a straight line.
- Factions, teams of 5, or individuals must retrieve survivors from the danger areas (inner city/world map)
- Survivor Script: same script as speed pot npc, who spawns randomly in one of three places - except these could spawn randomly in one of 10-15 places on the map.
- Upon retrieving 10 survivors, return to the outpost/safe house.
- This could also be adapted to just use one duplicated city map in which certain houses are designated safe zones.

Posted Image

There should definitely be a distinct difference between Zombies and Evil Dead. Zombies = zombie apocalypse like Zombie Land, Evil Dead = medieval undead slaughter fest like...evil dead! With more intelligent skeleton, demon, undead type fiends.

* This should include basic enemies such as the ones below, and perhaps an MVP with limited rewards:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Ultimate, 22 February 2011 - 01:32 PM.

#16 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:04 PM

Glast Heim is criminally underused right now, so that would be an easy fit for scary goings-on.

Did you see my idea for a Glast Heim back-story, quest and instance? I was thinking it could be a series of investigations around the grounds to look into the rumours of a curse that the magical wisemen of Geffen put on Glast Heim in the past as punishment for the Dark Lord's (MvP of Glast Heim) misdoings. With some mini-missions to get information out of each innocent undead informer and min-battles to get info out of the less innocent informers. All leading to the depths of Glast Heim where an instance could be made to defeat the "real" Dark Lord (a slightly modified version of the current Dark Lord MvP in appearance/attack/stats) and his minions. Though thats kind of separate to Zombie infestation area. I think that deserves to be a separate thing such as a high level dungeon as Heim stated.

http://forums.warppo...post__p__321485
http://forums.warppo...post__p__321513

Ultimate's idea for survivor missions sounds fun. Maybe some of the "Geffen curse" could start to bleed out to surrounding areas as an 'alternate cursed dimension' you enter via Geffen and then ends at Glast Heim where a Geffen wisemen is positioned to re-seal things and transport rescued survivors. Make the maps appear darker with undead monsters where travellers and less-skilled adventurers have gotten trapped or are hiding.

#17 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:25 PM

Zombies could also be incredibly strong - one to two shot ko's (because you know...if you get bit...that's it). But give them 1hp as well for the metaphorical headshots :angry:

#18 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:20 PM

They could also have an instance where players movements are controlled via a ground spell that kills instantly (like a very powerful Heaven's Drive that constantly remains in place) and moves around as the whole map is slowly swallowed up by lava from the bolide impact that brought the rage virus to earth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users