gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:35 AM

I'd like to adress some changes that were made on the forums that I really dislike.
These changes may not irritate everyone, but for me it makes moving around the forums and enjoying it's content alot more difficult
The intention of this topic is to create a healthy discussion and to get some feedback why these changes were made.
This is a serious request, so please do not flame this topic with useless comments

The avatar maximum picture sizes got changed.
- I liked the fact you could use long avatars. We are almost back to squared ones right now.

Friends-option
- I expected to see the friends-option after 4 weeks. The friend-option (the one which did not work) in the scroll-down menu in the topright corner even got deleted.

Restoration of threads
- Only a few threads got restored, where is the Birthday List (ROSE Online) for example?

Member Titles
- Member titles got removed, I think that was kinda funny.

Back to top of the page
- There was a button connected to each post that would bring you to the top of the page, that one got removed, so now I have to scroll

Notifications
- I now get a PM in my mailbox if someone wrote something on my wall. It's a mail saying someone started a personal conversation with me. Then the mail sais someone wrote something on my wall + a link to my wall... how useless.
- notications got removed if someone quoted you. It was usefull because it enabled me to keep an eye on several threads without having to look for them each time.

Overall these changes made it alot harder to move around on the forums. Maybe for some players it doesn't matter but for active forum-people and moderators this really slows down things...

Edited by gEddeh, 25 March 2011 - 08:19 AM.

#2 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:33 AM

Delete Button
The "Delete" button does not react in the expected way.
If you aren't fast enough(talking seconds), it will prompt you to a page saying "An Error Occurred [#10397] mod_no_delete_post".

edit: added the error #

Edited by Daray, 25 March 2011 - 04:41 AM.

#3 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:51 AM

-I also miss having the support tab next to the Forums, Members and Warpportal home buttons.

-No manual sizing options for avatars (and it does look like there is a lot stricter limits on the stuff)

#4 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:53 AM

It appears the "volunteer" postbit images are missing (see mine).

#5 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

Symbols! �?� I miss them. �?�

It seems like the forums got downgraded instead of upgraded :wub:

Edited by Maka, 25 March 2011 - 02:13 PM.

#6 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands [NL], stuck in traffic.
  • Server:Ymir(?)

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:09 PM

Recently added topics container isn't working either.

Like Maka said in another thread... I liked that function.

Soooo, like mentioned in the above posts, the forums do seem to miss a few things... (mostly ponies :wub:)
Any reason as to why some of the normal functions/buttons were removed? Security reasons? Or just a new design choice? I am guessing there are gonna be changes/reverts due to the feedback but...
Just curious as to why/what was done.

#7 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:39 PM

All the extra emoticons are gone too.

European date format.

Edited by Maka, 27 March 2011 - 01:29 PM.

#8 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:16 PM

Yep, a lot of the above.

-For one side i like the thing about they sending a mail if someone pm you, but maybe is because the mail i use isnt the same i use for serious matters.

-I dont like that i cant see if someone quote something i said.

-I would like to have the "Support" button back to the forums, it was quite useful.

-And would be nice to get back all those emotes that we dont have now.

-Also, and not les important, the forum looks like take a lot more time to load than before.

-Speaking about the Friend list in the forum, it could be nice to have such thing, and could be even better if one could gift wp points to their friends in that list. That could solve a lot of troubles of people that dont remember their game account mail (the ones that were created before the warpportal) and would prevent a lot of premium sells scamms, and could give friends the posibility of gift points without the need of ask the user and password, wich in all cases isnt the most confotable situation for both sides.

#9 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:32 PM

^ All of the above.

However, about the mail thing, it's due to your forum settings. Just change your notification settings to not email or send Personal Conversations to you about forum changes.

#10 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:48 PM

^ All of the above.

However, about the mail thing, it's due to your forum settings. Just change your notification settings to not email or send Personal Conversations to you about forum changes.

Yeah I adressed it because it used to be in your standard settings and alot of noobs people do not know how to change them -_-

#11 Nuke

Nuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:47 AM

why did they need 1 month to fix a forum? and why is it crappier after they got it back online? so silly.

#12 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:19 AM

A forum change I don't like:

LAG

#13 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:22 PM

Has anything been fixed yet?

#14 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Server:TERA

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:15 AM

sry if not the correct topic.

what happend the the forum skins? i remmeber some CM wrote we will get different skins at the WP forum when it was back after the long downtime. its been some weeks now.. are we still getting them? something else then this brightness would be nice

#15 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:33 AM

what happend the the forum skins? i remmeber some CM wrote we will get different skins at the WP forum when it was back after the long downtime. its been some weeks now.. are we still getting them? something else then this brightness would be nice

I think we are stuck with what we got. No one in charge seems to want to comment on the status of the forums.

#16 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:28 PM

That's typical of Gravity Interactive. I've stopped taking their word for anything a long time ago.

#17 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

Back to top of the page
- There was a button connected to each post that would bring you to the top of the page, that one got removed, so now I have to scroll

Sorry for the long long long delay. It has made its return.

#18 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:47 PM

It appears the "volunteer" postbit images are missing (see mine).

Image is now there to show that you are a first start volunteer.

#19 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:45 PM

While you're at it, maybe could you also fix the forum time
It seems you forgot that now you are in daylight savings time or some other problem related to that

Edited by Niluje, 25 May 2011 - 01:46 PM.

#20 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:28 PM

Not sure if it was mentioned before but the post reporting function seem to not be working (still)? It gives a 500 error when you try to report a post.

#21 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands [NL], stuck in traffic.
  • Server:Ymir(?)

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:03 PM

Oh we can vote posts down now (how long has that been back)? I thought people only abused that feature O_O

#22 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

European date format.

What I can set is a global setting on the back end, no means to show you the date that is proper to you with what I can see.

We never talked about adding skins and making a plan for it. We did talk about changing the layouts, but its a rather low priority since the launch of the forums. We have put more design work into the game websites, so maybe when there is some time the forums may get a new look, but I dont think skins will work long term. Maybe we could take submissions though if some of the community is familiar with these forums and know how to set up the skins correctly.

While you're at it, maybe could you also fix the forum time
It seems you forgot that now you are in daylight savings time or some other problem related to that

I just checked and its set to use PST and adhere to DST when its applicable. It does seem to be right from what I see.

Not sure if it was mentioned before but the post reporting function seem to not be working (still)? It gives a 500 error when you try to report a post.

I tested this and though I did not get a 500 error, I got a white page the report did go through. I will see about getting someone to help us resolve this so it doesn't feel like the reports are broken.

Oh we can vote posts down now (how long has that been back)? I thought people only abused that feature O_O

This was changed along with some other settings this morning. I am reviewing the changes with Heim and if all things are go ill post and let you know them so its not a surprise.

#23 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:17 PM

Well since this thread was bumped and responded to, I am also having troubles with my time (or was a couple days ago). My computer time is accurate and my settings are accurate but the forum kept telling me I was an hour ahead of what I should be.

Also, the MultiQuote button is acting like a reply button. It makes it irritating to respond to more than one person at once..

Edit: 2 more::
- when I rate a topic it tells me I have already rated a topic and can't change my rating then returns to the thread with my rating.
- only a certain amount of notices will show for me. they never go to a 2nd page. for example i have had thing tell me i have 99+ notices but not all of them show up for me to look at. I just realized my letter to the devs got deleted and i don't know when, why or by whom because of this..

Edited by AlisiaMT, 02 June 2011 - 02:54 PM.

#24 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:55 PM

We have put more design work into the game websites

Except Requiem? :)

#25 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

Calanor, everytime I set the right time (GMT+1 + DST) in my profile, the time indicated just under the setting is correct, but as soon as I go to another page it gets one hour ahead compared to the actual hour
And if I disable the DST setting, it gets one hour less than the actual hour

So what I did was to put GMT+0 +DST (even though it's incorrect) so I finally have the right time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users