Avatar Scaling Is Going The Wrong Way - WarpPortal Technical - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Avatar Scaling Is Going The Wrong Way

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:22 PM

It's apparently decided that my avatar MUST be 100X250. I pointed it to an 80x80 image and well... you can see the results. :)

#2 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:26 PM

I find it pretty cool though! o.x

#3 Hanyuu

Hanyuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:27 PM

Are you sure this is really even an issue? Initially I dealt with the 90x90 avatar system when the forums became open to registration. After it was upped to 100x250 my avatar can now be 100x100 as most of mine are. You can tell that for yourself that mine is 100x100.

I uploaded mine to my photobucket and posted it in via url. Perhaps you should mess with yours a bit more and not jump to conclusions too soon and see if it can be fixed.

#4 espeon

espeon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:36 PM

It's apparently decided that my avatar MUST be 100X250. I pointed it to an 80x80 image and well... you can see the results. :)

Just go back in and click save changes again. That's what I did to fix mine, anyway. o_O

Oh, and while we're talking about avatars, can the CMs re-enable avatar uploading?

#5 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:57 PM

Ah, clicking it again did indeed fix it, thanks. :)

It's still a bug though. If it's not something they can fix, they should put a note saying to hit save twice if it borks, so people know.

As for the lack of an upload, they probably changed that to reduce server load. I can host some avatars if needed - OoC's guild server has way more bandwidth than we can possibly use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users