Give scout a defense down skill - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 3 votes

Give scout a defense down skill

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:38 PM

We all know scout is one of the most balanced classes but underpowered to most of the classes now, killing a champ or a knight is nearly impossible on scout. So i was thinking they should implement one of our scout's skills to be defense down atleast to be able to put up a fight with champions and knights.

#2 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:44 PM

Never, get owned and don't talk.

lol, jk. Yea they actually don't stand a chance againts a good champ or a decent knight.

Now u go support my suggestion for spear mastery!

#3 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:12 PM

Change all scout skills to magic attack and leave melee as physical attack, problem solved. :wub:

#4 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:22 PM

id be fine with that, just dont give it to the katar raiders...

#5 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:43 PM

id be fine with that, just dont give it to the katar raiders...

They have one already, lol.

#6 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:17 PM

Scouts should not have magic attacks, they are not magic. But a def down would help them a lot. I guess some of their arrows could be magic and that would make sense but they do not use magic as a skill.

#7 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:33 PM

Scouts should not have magic attacks, they are not magic. But a def down would help them a lot. I guess some of their arrows could be magic and that would make sense but they do not use magic as a skill.

yeah, totally. I love rockin the good ol' wooden arrows, theres no magic in it -_-

#8 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:01 AM

Yeah its impossible for scouts to kill champs.

#9 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:12 PM

They have one already, lol.

exactly, see lets add the def down to the stronger hawker class, and make the weaker ones weaker! see thats how life works. the strong get more powerful and the weak get weaker

#10 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:32 AM

If theres any class thats balance/fair skills it would be scout hands down.

(Note: Bourgs are not balanced due to the lack of power they have so its not balanced)

#11 Callmedude

Callmedude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:26 PM

agreed

scout is so weak that even wearing full chiva set+attack set i can only do 900-1200 to champ

#12 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:16 AM

Added your idea to the list and included a 'new' button for the devs :(

#13 Callmedude

Callmedude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:28 AM

I prefer a new passive that permanently reduced an amount of % defense instead a 'skill' that needed to fire

Example: Eagle's eye
Passive: Reduce opponent's defense by 5%?or 10%

#14 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:31 AM

I prefer a new passive that permanently reduced an amount of % defense instead a 'skill' that needed to fire

Yeah but we want something that inflicts damage along with the def down

#15 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:33 PM

Wait a passive ? You mean a skill like Weaken from hawker melee tree which only does def down no dmg or the mages Aural Pierce ( yes mdef down xD). A passive would mean it would lower the def % of anyone attacking you or something ?

#16 Callmedude

Callmedude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:54 PM

Means this passive skill will auto reduce the target's defense by 5% or 10%? whenever you shoot at him

and i think add some % of accuracy would be good

#17 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:13 PM

exactly, see lets add the def down to the stronger hawker class, and make the weaker ones weaker! see thats how life works. the strong get more powerful and the weak get weaker

Cept that in real life you've got to replace strong\weak with rich\poor.

Edited by Gojio, 04 April 2011 - 03:13 PM.

#18 sexybeast321

sexybeast321

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

I'd like that def down skill for bourgs too, both gun and launcher tree. Also I'd just like to add that the animation lag for gun bourg is slow as, especially for zulie storm - it's like afterwards we have to take a minute for our heads to stop spinning before we can target again or do anything.

#19 littlekami

littlekami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:36 AM

hmm.. why alllway anyone think that any class should be able to kill every other class easy?

if u cant kill a very good knight or champ...then may u are not good enought at ur scout?!?

so look at me as battle cleric.... im fine with killing champs and knights too....but against scouts i get nearly no chance.
so now i have to complain that bc need to get any skill to kill scouts easy ?

there is everytime any class u may cant beat..dun matter what class u play....and its good this way.

the fact u cant kill a good knight or champ doesnt mean ur underpowered or champs/night are overpowered...u still can beat other good classes/chars...

#20 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:49 PM

^^ I would + 1 you if that were true for all classes. Champs/Mages/Raiders can kill any class but other classes do not have the same luxury.

#21 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:33 PM

hmm.. why alllway anyone think that any class should be able to kill every other class easy?

if u cant kill a very good knight or champ...then may u are not good enought at ur scout?!?

so look at me as battle cleric.... im fine with killing champs and knights too....but against scouts i get nearly no chance.
so now i have to complain that bc need to get any skill to kill scouts easy ?

there is everytime any class u may cant beat..dun matter what class u play....and its good this way.

the fact u cant kill a good knight or champ doesnt mean ur underpowered or champs/night are overpowered...u still can beat other good classes/chars...

Maybe because a battle cleric is magic? champions get dominated by magic due to the lack of magic defense. Even if you had high magic defense it wouldn't matter cause you're attack power is way too high for their magic defense to cover. Obviously you don't know anything about this game, killing a champion or a knight without Arua or without def down it's pointless you won't kill them. Scout has 1 stun, 1 poison, and 1 debuff. While the rest of the classes have like 3-4stuns, and a mute and massive debuffs. It's not complaining once again, it's about making it fair cause no matter what gear you have, even if you have full ap you can't damage a champion to the point where you can kill him. You maybe can't beat someone, but it's not fair that you can't beat a specific class because you have no way to effect their defense. Just another tip aswell, clerics weren't meant to battle buddy, so don't expect a cleric to be able to drop people instantly. Why do you think they don't have decloak? "if u can't kill a very good champion or knight.. then may u are not good enough at your scout?!" So maybe if you can't kill a scout you're not good enough at battle cleric.

#22 kieu21

kieu21

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:09 PM

Good idea, lets fix every other class that cant kill a specific class. =X and it goes on and on and on. there is no such thing as balance. your scout might not be good at killing soldier, but is good at picking cleric off from a distance.

#23 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:11 PM

Good idea, lets fix every other class that cant kill a specific class. =X and it goes on and on and on. there is no such thing as balance. your scout might not be good at killing soldier, but is good at picking cleric off from a distance.

Why are you guys so upset over a defense down skill, it's not a stun its not a mute, it's a simple defense down for scouts to be able to inflict some type of damage. Scout is by far the most balanced class out there, adding def down isn't going to make it overpowered or a terrible class. Bourg & scout are far behind from power than the rest of the classes, so why would you be upset if they make scout/bourg better? I know cause you only have ideas or care about your class. Balancing the game is about adjusting skills, obviously adjusting a single scout's skill will help because scouts do need a way to inflict damage to high defense classes. How's a scout suppose to kill a champion hitting 600s-900s with high damage?

Edited by iBryan, 14 April 2011 - 01:13 PM.

#24 kieu21

kieu21

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:14 PM

Why are you guys so upset over a defense down skill, it's not a stun its not a mute, it's a simple defense down for scouts to be able to inflict some type of damage. Scout is by far the most balanced class out there, adding def down isn't going to make it overpowered or a terrible class.

there, youve said it. is already balance. why mess the system? i know this is just a suggestion thread and is never going to happen but everyone is going to want a certain skill. heck, i want a skill with super high AP enough to do over 2k to champ cuz they have too much hp =X

#25 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:16 PM

there, youve said it. is already balance. why mess the system? i know this is just a suggestion thread and is never going to happen but everyone is going to want a certain skill. heck, i want a skill with super high AP enough to do over 2k to champ cuz they have too much hp =X

It's balanced compared to the other classes at the moment, but seriously? you are like crying/complaining about scout getting a defense skill? Katar has a def down, champion has a def down, mage has a def down, knight has one, Why shouldn't we have one? Nowdays clerics have defense how are we suppose to kill clerics with good defense? even having good stats and all you can't inflict damage to the defense. Thats making a scout useless and that's why theres more of one class than another due to the power on each other class. Instead of it being like that getting other classes better will boost up the population. I'm not saying to make scout Overpowered, a defense down skill won't really do much but it can give us a higher chance to be able to effect high defense.

Edited by iBryan, 14 April 2011 - 01:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users