2 replies to this topic

#1 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:03 PM

First of all, i want to make clear that Space Activation (Druid) works great and shouldnt be changed at all. Also, one must understand that Druids are mainly melee and Tempests are casters, wich in this game means that Druid's teleport skill should remain better than the Tempest version.

This info come from the Requiem-Wiki

In the comparation, the values marked in red are the cons in comparison with the other skill and the ones marked in green are the pros.

Space Activation

Casting Time: Instant
Downtime: 1 minute
Prerequisite Level: 52
Lvls: 5
Distance: 20 m ~ 40 m
Success Chance: 70% ~ 90%
DNA: none
Doomguard exclusive skill

Instant Moving

Casting Time: 1.5 secs
Downtime: 50.8 secs
Prerequisite Level: 60
Lvls: 6 (until they rise the lvl cap)
Distance: 10 m ~ 35 m
Success Chance: 50% ~ 75%
DNA: 10 lvls of dna to reduce the 1.5 secs of casting time (currently the dna dont reach lvl 10).

Seeing this, i think that Instant Moving have 2 bad things. The first is the amount of lvls (including the amount of dna lvls) and the success chance. The best option could be that the amounts of lvls was reduced to 5 and the dna lvl also was reduced to 5, but if that isnt posible, then just reduce the amount of lvls of dna to 5 (in wich the 5th lvl would reduce 1.5 the casting time).

For the other side, the success chance probably would rise if the cap lvl (and the skill cap lvl) were rised, but at the moment is kind of low for so big investment (6 skill points and the dna too).

Probably someone will said "tempests are fine as they are" and is true, but the Instant Moving skill is there, and one cant expect less than have a working skill, and the skill investment would make the player to take skill points and dna from other impotant places, wich would balance it at the end.

If someone have other suggestions about how to fix Instant Moving, are welcome.

#2 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:39 AM

God the Druid one is way better......

First thing they should do is change the name. "Instant Moving" should be called "Not so Instant Moving". The cast time should indeed be instant without DNA. DNA could be kept to improve chance and or increase range.

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:50 AM

Yes, it is, but i agree that should be better, because Druids are melees. Still, the difference is too big.

The idea of change the dna to have more success or range is very good.

The CD alredy guaranty that the skill wont give a huge adventage to the class, and tbh i wouldnt know from where take points to add such skill, even if it was like the Druid one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users