The Hyalikween's Guide to Savage Behavior - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The Hyalikween's Guide to Savage Behavior

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:33 PM

Important: Before you read this guide�?�
1. Feel free to criticize, but do note that I am always right.
2. If you have any questions, please post your IGN along with the question. I will not answer any questions for IGNs such as�?� XxAzNrEtArDxX, Yurai, ImDiene, etc etc. �??cuz I get irritated.
3. If you think you�??re better than me, then good for you. Too bad I�??m better than you.
4. Please. This is an endgame PvP based guide, not a WERE I LVL ??? guide.
5. I am not responsible for any losses. The one who will be responsible is you, because you�??re bad enough to lose.

Table of Contents
I. Class Analysis
II. Skills Analysis
III. Equipment
IV. How to Make People Ragequit
V. FAQs
VI. Credits

I. Class Analysis
Why should you pick Savage to PvP? You don�??t. If you picked Savage to PvP, you wouldn�??t be reading this guide. This guide is for you, who picked Savage to PvE, because you�??re bad. I would make a pros and cons list, but the cons would just go on and on forever. So, here�??s the pros list:
Pros
- Savages can get out of most locks.
- You can easily tell between a bad Savage and a good Savage.
- The Savage class tree has been nerfed over and over. You would not care anymore even if the next patch nerfs the Savage class again.

II. Skills Analysis
http://irowiki.org/~...313512531500050
That is your build. Of course, if you don�??t spend cash then you can drop Rocket Punch and Dexterity and allocate the points wherever you want.

Air Combo Launch

Pre-requisite for a couple skills. You will rarely use this.

Aerial Frenzy

This is a rather important skill used to end combos or support air combos. Its main purpose is to stall time so that your cooldowns can refresh.

Cutdown
I prefer 3 points in this skill so that it can launch rather than knockdown. Launching them allows you to predict where they will aerial recover to, rather than following their rolls. It also stalls more time and can be used to relaunch as it is your fastest relauncher (depending on positioning).

Rocket Punch
This is a very important catching and linking skill. Learn to use it as soon as possible. When used incorrectly, you are left very vulnerable and will most likely get caught. The infinite lock depends on this skill.

Dexterity

This increases your BASE (the stats you have without any gear on. It includes the stat points you allocate at level 60+) agility by a good percentage. It is a great skill for boosting the aim and evade of you and your teammates. The only downside is that it takes a good chunk of mana.

Exit

Generally a useless skill as many people can time the duration. However, you can use it to avoid any damage if say�?� you�??ve been logged or stumbled and cannot hit anyone. Do note that during the cast animation you are vulnerable. Try to end the skill while in the air or away from people.

Burrow
Burrow now has a duration limit so that the retards can�??t hide in burrow for the whole duration of the game. Burrow is very nice to dodge projectiles with, but be warned that the cooldown is rather long and do not stay in burrow for too long. Your burrow hole will get trapped and you will pop out eating a freeze and a silence and movement impairing debuffs.

Rolling Stinger

This used to be used in the infinite lock without the use of Rocket Punch, but after the patch and the server transfer, I find that PvP is much laggier. Therefore, this skill is generally avoided in PvP. It leaves you very vulnerable and there are much better support and locking skills.

Final Decision

Savage PvP revolves around this skill. It does a good chunk of damage and is a great linking skill. It can also be used to catch aerial recovers and bad positioning. It does NOT hit fallen anymore. However, it leaves you rather vulnerable if you miss.

Upper Screwdriver

This is often used to support air combos or used in a typical 1 v 1 combo. It follows up after Final Decision and Aerial Frenzy or Aerial Kick chains after this skill.

Mind Reading

Evade buff, what else? Try not to use this in a 1 v 1 if the opponent goes from 100% hit chance to 30% hit chance. Feel free to use it if they can hit you 75% or higher.

Motion Capture

This passive boosts Mind Reading by giving it damage reduction and more evade.

Stance

Passive that increases base ATK and DEF. Self explanatory.

Moonwalk

This is probably the best skill in the 3rd job skill tree. Any pause in a lock will allow you to use this skill and get away. Even if it is canceled, you gain invulnerability status. It can be used to dodge launches (you�??ll still be launched, but not on their screen), get out of a myrmidon�??s ground combo with wrestler, and also take less hits from log, etc. Do note that you gain around a second of invulnerability status even AFTER the moonwalk is over. In this period of time, attacks will go through you and if you attack anyone, it will not take effect even though it shows that it has. Best use of this 1 second is to position yourself.

Windmill
Support DPS in a lock. It�??s not reliable enough to use as a support lock or standalone skill. It can also be used to chain a Seven. Movespeed affects your movement speed on windmill. A recent patch allowed opponents to see where you move during windmill.

Seven

Seven is only usable during Windmill, and not during the last hit. It hits mid air targets so you can use it to relaunch if Upper Screwdriver and Aerial Kick are on cooldown for some reason. You can use it to support an air lock if the opponent glitched on your screen and you are unable to Aerial Frenzy because he is too low.

Aerial Kick

Main usage of this skill is to support air locks. It can be used to disrupt and also stall time for cooldowns. It is not instant, so be aware when you use it.

Sonic Boom
Useless. You cannot chain anything after it, and you have better long range disruption skills.

Judge Dread

Some people like to use it after Aerial Frenzy, but I feel that it places you in a worse position. I would not use it very much. It is TOO situational and may require good communication with a teammate for good usage.

Cossack Dance

Good long range poke in 1 v 1 fights. Very nice support DPS. It flinches the target so if it connects in a 1 v 1 fight, you can dash in for a Final Decision.

Provoke

The description of the skill sounds nice, but its success chance is VERY low. Do not rely on it for a stun. Low success rate combo linker and catcher.

Claw Fishing
It pulls enemies towards you, but it does not stun 100% of the time. This is nice to reposition people (such as pulling people together to lock both) and a decent saving skill. The stun, if procs, is delayed.

Crazy Soul

Gives you impervious status at a chance. Cannot escape Paladin locks. Ignore the existence of this skill if you want to improve in PvP.

III. Equipment
Instead of making another section for stat distribution, I will just cover it here. ALWAYS add AGI even if you are not stacking evade. I will only cover the main equipment builds. If you want a hybrid of some sort, I�??m pretty sure you would not need a guide anyways.
When deciding equipment, first thing to do is decide: Evade or no Evade?
If you chose evade, I hope you buy cash. You will probably want level 10 Dexterity. There is only one true build for evade:

Head: Glorious Turancra (Not Released Yet) �?? Glorious Shine Fever - Chaotic Turancra
Top: Glorious Turancra (Not Released Yet) �?? Glorious Shine Fever - Chaotic Turancra
Bottom: Glorious Turancra (Not Released Yet) �?? Glorious Shine Fever �?? Chaotic Turancra
Gloves: Premium Glove of Alexandre
Shoes: Premium Fur Shoes of Kryos
Pads: Heirloom Bubobubo�??s Fancy Shoulderguards
Backpack: Kimarts or Premium Blizzard Muffler

why is the formatting crap? too lazy sry. CHRIST NOW THERES RANDOM �??s

Edited by Kazra, 14 April 2011 - 06:11 PM.

#2 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:55 PM

I like the skill analysis. Nice guide Hifu!

#3 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:55 PM

wtf are the RANDOM �??s

Edited by ImDiene, 26 March 2011 - 10:12 PM.

#4 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:24 PM

wtf are the RANDOM �??s

Read #2 in important please.

#5 SharpEye

SharpEye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:39 PM

Judge Dread
Some people like to use it after Aerial Frenzy, but I feel that it places you in a worse position. I would not use it very much. It is TOO situational and may require good communication with a teammate for good usage.

Kill with it 1v1 np -_-

#6 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:41 PM

And then they live with <100 HP and you're forced to catch them again. Not to mention the bad position it puts you in especially if they have any movespeed boosts at all.

#7 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:42 PM

worst thief ever.

#8 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:07 PM

We'll go ahead and pin this guide.

#9 FlameTokay

FlameTokay

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:23 AM

Why are you talking about pvp when you said that this is a pve guide? And for pve, hlt+critdmg>agi+evade for pve anyday

#10 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:34 AM

Why are you talking about pvp when you said that this is a pve guide? And for pve, hlt+critdmg>agi+evade for pve anyday

2. If you have any questions, please post your IGN along with the question. I will not answer any questions for IGNs such as�?� XxAzNrEtArDxX, Yurai, ImDiene, etc etc. �??cuz I get irritated.
3. If you think you�??re better than me, then good for you. Too bad I�??m better than you.

5. I am not responsible for any losses. The one who will be responsible is you, because you�??re bad enough to lose.

#11 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:18 PM

I. Class Analysis
Why should you pick Savage to PvP? You don�??t. If you picked Savage to PvP, you wouldn�??t be reading this guide. This guide is for you, who picked Savage to PvE, because you�??re bad. I would make a pros and cons list, but the cons would just go on and on forever. So, here�??s the pros list:
Pros
- Savages can get out of most locks.
- You can easily tell between a bad Savage and a good Savage.
- The Savage class tree has been nerfed over and over. You would not care anymore even if the next patch nerfs the Savage class again.

I guess he failed at typing.

#12 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:57 AM

I guess he failed at typing.

How'd I fail at typing? It was originally meant for the savages that picked savage for PvE, because the few that picked savage for PvP aren't bad enough to need a guide.

Don't think I'll finish this too lazy unless someone really wants me to.

#13 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:32 AM

How'd I fail at typing? It was originally meant for the savages that picked savage for PvE, because the few that picked savage for PvP aren't bad enough to need a guide.

Don't think I'll finish this too lazy unless someone really wants me to.

Finish it pls. I really want you to.

#14 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:11 PM

I'd love to see this finished.

#15 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • LocationIn your closet, stalking you!
  • Server:GUESS.

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

I made a Savage after seeing how awesome Jumpluffspore was in PvP, so I thought if Harlequins are good in PvE and THAT good in PvP, then I gotta make one~
So far this guide has helped me quite a lot and I can't imagine how much it will help other Savages when [Insert evil plan's name here :)] finished!

#16 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:03 AM

Note: This is pre-NewOrigins. May update/finish.

Edited by Kazra, 19 September 2011 - 01:03 AM.

#17 MelonGuyXD

MelonGuyXD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationIn the Melon Trees

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:34 AM

Finish it or I'll make a Savage guide and make fun of yew! >:3

#18 OnlyKidAlive

OnlyKidAlive

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

So is this guide for pvp or pve?

#19 papapap

papapap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationWhere I live
  • Server:Vvyren

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

So is this guide for pvp or pve?

Engame pvp it says in the beginning..........

#20 admirenkiwi

admirenkiwi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

IGN:iJest
Can you update this as of 2012 there are more skills added(well not that much, but yea...lol)
I have questions as to why not chain hurricane kick, mega drill drive or heavy smash? I just read thier moves and they dont sound bad

Edited by admirenkiwi, 06 October 2012 - 02:43 PM.

#21 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:57 PM

My god this is still pinned as a guide in 2016.

Head spin is non existent.

#22 Spaarky

Spaarky

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationAt Home Playing Games
  • Server:The Only One

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:38 AM

Last post in 2012, holy damn.

#23 iMeTaClawsXD