Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • Location3rd Planet from the Sun
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:44 AM

Everyone talks about PvP but a lot just play PvE. I know 5 people who first started off as a Radiant then switched, using their free job change, to Tempest days after playing as a Radiant, because they found it a pain to level up.

What takes 10-15min for a tempest to complete, takes about an hour for a good healing Radiant.

Run around in circles shooting feeble elec bolts and with an occasional Holy Bolt when you have them in sleep.

This is not really fair or fun. Games are meant to be fun. It gets a lot worse when you hit 58+. Can you please make a Radiant more fun.

Either 1 extra AoE damage, or Stun on Job 2. Or better still Mastery of Elec Attack with 30% extra damage without the need for DNA. Maybe extra passive defence once you choose your second job as Radiant.

Have you ever tried to kill 40 Volcano Robbers? Forget that, try to kill 20 Black Spiders at NHW with a pathetic drop rate. You need have killed about 50+ before you get your 20 drops.

Or even extra exp and drop for each "solo kill" and quest we hand in. Even if you increase both by 30% we still be slower than a Tempest.

Radiant need to be more fun to play
Thanks

#2 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:42 AM

I always thought Glaring Light should be a level 49 skill (first job)... They could replace Glaring Light with a different AOE for Tempest. One with different graphics/effect...

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:44 AM

Yes, i made a similar suggestion here: http://forums.warppo...n-for-radiants/ Give them a skill like Holy Light or Glaring Light but that deal light damage instead.

But the main suggestion, i agree with you, is to make Radiants more fun. In other games the healer classes have a lot of attack skills, because they know that, no matter what, one will end playing alone at some point.

#4 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:54 AM

Yes, i made a similar suggestion here: http://forums.warppo...n-for-radiants/ Give them a skill like Holy Light or Glaring Light but that deal light damage instead.

But the main suggestion, i agree with you, is to make Radiants more fun. In other games the healer classes have a lot of attack skills, because they know that, no matter what, one will end playing alone at some point.

Even if they just move Glaring Light to 49 as it is would be fine. Adding a "light damage" skill prob wont matter, because as it is now, only adding in the +3's or lesser ones will give you light damage bonus. Of course, if they made skills like the ELM-Bliss of Fairy give a bonus to "Light" (as it should) it would be nice.

#5 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:49 AM

Does Gravity actually care what the end user thinks? Like Nadesh said, on the end of the day you are going to be playing solo a lot of the time.

Every rad I spoke to, said they have it hard. Questing is too laborious and grind is a thousand times worse.

We just need one powerful AoE with a low CD on the start of Job2. It should not be available to tempest as they already have enough attack power.

^^

#6 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:29 PM

Yes, it would be good for every one, since the Radiants that want to be full healers, can choce to dont pick such skill, while the ones that cant find a party for grind or for quests, or just dont feel like they want at that moment, can grind without so many troubles.

#7 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:45 AM

Yeah, they nerf PvP stuff but only to make it hard during PvE. :/

#8 Fudd

Fudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3714 posts
  • LocationInfinity
  • Server:The stable one

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:38 AM

What level 60 class is usefull for a JS party ?? Radiants are.

I've 'healed' a full team of defilers once in JS and i leveled from 55 to 65.

#9 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:44 AM

Again PvE is not the same as PvP, so I dont see why people bring it up in this thread. In the end majority of players are PvE and have to grind and quests (still grind for a rad).

The issue is many of us play solo a lot of the time. You were lucky to get a good party in JS.

#10 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:36 AM

Yes, the need of a change for Radiants, over all the add of a skill similar to Holy Light, is obvious when one try to quest alone at lvl 65+. I saw Radiants of the big guilds suffering, doing quests alone, why it would different for the ones of the smallest guilds? Unless one have a group of friends, that, by coinsidence, are also online at the moment one need to do quests, the Radiant is doomed.

#11 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:38 AM

An easy solution is to add more attack skills, but if you add points to those skills.
You get less heal skills.

The catch 22, is that skill reset is not free.

#12 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:24 PM

An easy solution is to add more attack skills, but if you add points to those skills.
You get less heal skills.

The catch 22, is that skill reset is not free.

Exactly, its a trade off.

Maybe something like "Magic Weapon Mastery" that the Tempest has but at level 50 for a Rad or maybe just one AoE at 50. We really should not have any new AoE below level 50 as that would really give them an even larger advantage over other classes both in PvE and PvP.

#13 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:33 PM

Yes, the need of a change for Radiants, over all the add of a skill similar to Holy Light, is obvious when one try to quest alone at lvl 65+. I saw Radiants of the big guilds suffering, doing quests alone, why it would different for the ones of the smallest guilds? Unless one have a group of friends, that, by coinsidence, are also online at the moment one need to do quests, the Radiant is doomed.

I just saw your link: "Memento Mori List of Suggestions"

Its huge. Do they actually listen to the end user or is it a waste of time?

#14 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:51 AM

I must update that list, but with all the events, well, i guess i choce to play for now -_-

Well, i guess they do. But if you want an answer to be sure, then sumbit a ticket with your ideas, that way you will get an answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users