Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • Location3rd Planet from the Sun
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:50 AM

I blocked a user and I was wandering if by blocking one of his characters do you I block all his characters? Also what exactly do I block; all types of chat including normal chat?

Ideally I think once you block a user all his characters on his account should be blocked, as really that guy must be a real jerk for someone to block.

Thank you

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:05 AM

Dont know, people could abuse of that. First, if was posible to automatically block all of the characters by blocking one, the list of names should never appear in the block list, because would be an easy way to know all the characters someone have. And even if the names didint appear in the list, one could block someone and then test to send whispers to other characters to see if belong to the same person or not, wich again, could lead to abuse.

Sadly, there are a few good ideas for the game that cant be implemented because someone would try to abuse of them.

#3 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • Location3rd Planet from the Sun

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:03 AM

Thank you Nadesh,

The list of names should not be shown but the rest of the user characters should be blocked. As to whisper, there is no way of knowing if the receiver is blocked or not, if no reply is returned it just means no reply is returned. No one is also that sad to go that far, I think.

It is more likely that a person who is being harassed can be abused by the same user using a different character without them knowing.

#4 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:46 AM

Block works on shouts, that's for sure.

#5 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:TERA

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:10 PM

block should work on battlefields too. i blocked only 1 person but reading him in FoC makes me sick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users