Nerfing Brutal Scud to match Clairvoyant's range - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Nerfing Brutal Scud to match Clairvoyant's range

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:55 AM

Well after Clairvoyant's nerf, which is not a bad setup.
It basically should match the range of Brutal Scud.

If not, then Clairvoyant is really a bad nerf.
Each level of Brutal Scud should increase the range.
- Maybe give DNA to increase the range to match Ele's DNA.
- Maybe Brutal Scud should stay at 3 seconds and use DNA to increase the stun time.

#2 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:39 PM

no, no, no and no.

#3 xXAppelXx

xXAppelXx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

why should they nerf a weak class that only depend on the player's gameplay or if you really want, they can bring back the old clairvoyance but they should remove paralysis on BM/Elem skills or maybe change it to slow effect. http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

#4 UrbaKing

UrbaKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 761 posts
  • LocationIn your mind
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:28 AM

if eles really want to see sins that bad they should be willing to pend points on it. Could u imagine them still being able to bust sins ass from far away before they scud?

#5 EvilClaws

EvilClaws

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Faildes

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:09 AM

no, no, no and no.

+1

#6 DrAg0r

DrAg0r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationValdes

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:57 AM

no, no, no and no.

+1

+10000

#7 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:42 AM

why should they nerf a weak class that only depend on the player's gameplay or if you really want, they can bring back the old clairvoyance but they should remove paralysis on BM/Elem skills or maybe change it to slow effect. http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

You're gonna have to explain how Sins are such a weak class.
Any arguement that gear is weak (or requires high item mall to fix) is the same for every other class.

if eles really want to see sins that bad they should be willing to pend points on it. Could u imagine them still being able to bust sins ass from far away before they scud?

I don't see the arguement here.
Cause a Sin that is higher level than an Ele will be the same setup as it is now.
A Sin that is lower level than an Ele will be seen and hit before the scud.

This is the whole argument of this nerf.
A lower level sin can't hit a higher level Ele.
Likewise, this will be unchanged, a lower level Ele still has the disadvantage of a higher level sin.

When you are in stealth mode, none of the stuns that an ele has (2 of them) work until they are unstealth.
So, what's the arguement of stunning at long range?

By the time Ele sees a sin, the sin has enough time to scud them.
1) Ele sees the sin, throws a stun, stun misses, sin can scud.
OR
2) Ele sees the sin, throws something, destealth the sin, the sin can dash away.
- Ele's can't dash like Druids.

But, but, what if the sin's dash (or retreat if they used) is on cool down...
That's tough, that's part of the knowledge of when to use a dash or not.

#8 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:12 AM

or ele just casts snow burst and nearly 1 hits a sin, seriously gtfo with your stupid ideas

scenario 1 applies to dumb people only who don't know that stun won't work on stealthed char, also often ele will unstealth a sin but sin can't scud them cos if they do they will get ripped to pieces by the rest of the team cos unlike stupid pew pew caster with stuns, heals, hp and dmg buffs sin needs to get close and think about stuff

scenario 2 is valid

only 2 classes elem and range have stealth detection ability, be greatful that you have it at all...as ranger all you can do is aa sin hopeing that he won't scud you, so what's your argrument? and if you want good range and time of clairvoyance lvl up and invest skill points and dna points

edit: lvl 10 clairvoyance + lvl 10 dna has 43m range..op much? ofc it's up to player if they want to invest in it or not

Edited by Famous, 05 April 2011 - 08:28 AM.

#9 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:44 AM

or ele just casts snow burst and nearly 1 hits a sin, seriously gtfo with your stupid ideas

I recall some 40 pages back in the forum, everyone shouting, "Resist build, resist build, and more resist build."
Of course, most people resist build towards Fire, Elec, and Curse.
So when water or wind hits you, yeah it's gonna hurt.

scenario 1 applies to dumb (ignorant) people only who don't know that stun won't work on stealthed char, also often ele will unstealth a sin but sin can't scud them cos if they do they will get ripped to pieces by the rest of the team cos unlike stupid pew pew caster with stuns, heals, hp and dmg buffs sin needs to get close and think about stuff

So it happens or some people do by habbit. :(

scenario 2 is valid

only 2 classes elem and range have stealth detection ability, be greatful that you have it at all...as ranger all you can do is aa sin hopeing that he won't scud you, so what's your argrument? and if you want good range and time of clairvoyance lvl up and invest skill points and dna points

Stealth Detection on rangers still apply. if they are low level, they are screwed.
If you face a high level Ranger, than it's on even ground.
I'm not gonna argue 1 vs 1 tactics. Anyone who drops bombs or totems always have the OP attached to them.

edit: lvl 10 clairvoyance + lvl 10 dna has 43m range..op much? ofc it's up to player if they want to invest in it or not

Tell me an Ele that puts DNA on Clarvoyant and don't put points in other stuff (and still gets invited to raids).
25 DNAs
1) 10 points in Holy Biss (your left with 15 DNA).
2) 7 points in Bliss of Fairy (your left with 8 DNA).
3) 5 points in Snow Burst (your left with 3 DNA).
4) 3 points that maybe 1 will be in Raging Strike or not.
- So 3m extension in your Clarvoyant. So 46m max on Clarvoyant (assuming Ele puts Clarvoyant at lv10).
- This is what your are arguing about?

[...]This is the whole argument of this nerf.
A lower level sin can't hit a higher level Ele.
Likewise, this will be unchanged, a lower level Ele still has the disadvantage of a higher level sin.
[...]

Cause my arguement is about low level sins having it at max distance at low level Scud.

[...]- Maybe Brutal Scud should stay at 3 seconds and use DNA to increase the stun time.

I still think Brutal Scud needs a some DNA to make it better.

#10 DrAg0r

DrAg0r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationValdes

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:09 PM

You always think about 1v1 pvp. but you forget that there is a server without any PK.
And the only real pvp for valdes people is FOC (and duels, but is you don't want to be stunned, don't duel sins...).
In FOC you have a TEAM witch can easily kill a sin if he scud you.

#11 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

he is just some cry baby fail emo (probably from chips and dips) who never even does foc so knows nothing about it.

you have a possiblty to make it 43m if you don't want to, don't just stfu

#12 Nuke

Nuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:58 PM

the only "nerf" sins need in party vs party pvp are the failkids who camp the spawn when the battle is on the other side of the map. i suggest a personality test before choosing a character so those failkids wont pick the sins. in a duel...who cares about duels in this game lol

#13 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:08 AM

I understand the point of the thread but i dont think that make Brutal Scud max its range at max lvl is the answer. The problem is simple, while Scud cap its range at low lvl, Clairvoyant cap at its max lvl, wich means that one must compare it with Scud at each lvl to see if there is a balance between them or not.

If they want to balance both skills, then what they should do is to make Clairvoyant have at least 26m range (more or less) at lvl 6 (character lvl 65), that way Clairvoyant + its DNA would have a total range of 32m; instead of have 23m (23m + 6m dna = 29m wich is lower than the scud range, and i think is the point of the thread).

#14 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:11 AM

what they simply should have done is leave clairvoyance alone like it was before...only needed lvl 5 to make it usefull and spammable

but clearly korean devs thought that elems are too strong and nerfed it...

now get on with it, do you think they will go back to what it was before after they nerfed it? >.>

@nuke those are annoying but even more annoying ones are those who sit in the middle of their own team and only scud zerk/wl or other sins when they charged at their team so they have a back up of the whole team

#15 DrAg0r

DrAg0r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationValdes

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:17 AM

And what about all caster's long range skills witch have their max range at 30m from the level 1?
Should they be nerfed too?

If they want to balance both skills, then what they should do is to make Clairvoyant have at least 26m range (more or less) at lvl 6 (character lvl 65), that way Clairvoyant + its DNA would have a total range of 32m; instead of have 23m (23m + 6m dna = 29m wich is lower than the scud range, and i think is the point of the thread).

Yeah it's maybe a better way to solve the problem.

#16 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:50 AM

And what about all caster's long range skills witch have their max range at 30m from the level 1?
Should they be nerfed too?

Yeah it's maybe a better way to solve the problem.

You know ele's skill on 3 attacks (1 that is a main) has a minimum distance, so if you sin stands next to it, they can't attack.
Assuming Flame curse strike is on cool down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users