Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:30 PM

Emporia Wars!<BR>
<UL class=bbc>
<LI>Registration: <B>Wednesday</B> <B>3:00PM ~ Friday 3:00PM</B>
<LI>Tournament Start-up Time: <B>Saturday</B> <B>2:00PM PST ~ 5:30PM PDT</B>
<LI><FONT size=2>Emporia Challenge Matches: <B>Sunday 2:00PM PDT </B></FONT>
<LI>Up to 8 guilds slots will be open for the tournament
<UL class=bbc>
<LI>Only the highest 8 bidders will enter, however any number of guilds can register.
<LI>Guilds who register, but are not chosen will be refunded their bid.</LI></UL>
<LI>Guilds will be notified to enter the Emporia battle arena approx. 10 min before the match, or the user can enter by opening the guild menu window(hotkey G)
<LI>If a guild has not entered the arena by the start of the match, the guild is forfeited and the opposing guild will automatically be given the victory.</LI></UL>Each match can last up to 30 minutes<BR><BR><B><U>How to Play? <BR></U></B>The 8 Guilds who have successfully accepted bids(Gold Donation from Guild Vault) for the tournament spots will battle it out in a single elimination match on Saturdays! Following which, the winning guild will again fight for their rights to a Castle(1 Star) on Sunday against the current Castle Holder. Winners of the 1 Star match will continue on and challenge the 2 Star Castle holder for the top spot. Winners of the 1 Star and 2 Star Castles will gain rights to own(and enter) the Castle until the next Sunday Emporia. <BR><BR><U><B>Requirements </B><BR></U>Each Guild will need to be at minimum, Level 2, before signing up to battle in the Emporia. There are no restrictions on the number of players in a Guild. Guildmasters can also take advantage of the new Guild interface and set permissions for specific members to join or not! <BR><BR><B><U>Mercenary System & More...<BR></U></B>The new mercenary system provides opportunities to even small guilds of less than 50 members. In the unfortunate event that some of your fighters fail to excel at the PVP Tournament, they can redeem themselves by handling the Surprise Missions as well. Rewards will be delivered by an in-game post system after the Tournament. <BR><BR><B><U>FAQ:<BR></U>Q:</B> Will 2 Star Emporia be active?<BR><I><B>A:</B> Yes we are hoping so. All internal tests went off without fail. We are hoping the live server does the same.<BR></I><BR><B>Q:</B> What's a Guild Vault and how do I use that money to bid?<BR><I><B>A:</B> Guild Vault can be opened by a level 2 guild or higher, at NPC Dony . Gold can be deposited into guild vault by Guild Master(exceptions can be made by Guildmaster for others to donate), bid may only be made by Guildmasters.</I>

#2 dar2

dar2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:36 PM

FIRST !

#3 Midoof

Midoof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationocean
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:43 PM

Pure Excitement

#4 fyerolight

fyerolight

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:43 PM

Yay!

#5 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:45 PM

Arigato

#6 Halohead

Halohead

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:08 PM

I'll approach this with reserved pessimism. You're not breaking this heart again. :(

#7 XlucasX

XlucasX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:09 PM

Yay, Thanks Hastur.

#8 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:39 PM

Thanks, great news!

#9 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:49 PM

first

#10 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:16 PM

Can you clarify on using the guild vault to bid? Does that mean we can use gold to bid instead of guild points?

#11 Thuy

Thuy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:17 PM

late april fools!

#12 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:29 PM

fff i have work :(

#13 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationStar 61 in the AOB 1337 Nebula

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:29 PM

Oh, that's nice. Now if you could adress my missing weapon and return it to me, kthx. -.-

#14 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:32 PM

How to Play?
The 8 Guilds who have successfully accepted bids(Gold Donation from Guild Vault) for the tournament spots will battle it out in a single elimination match on Saturdays! Following which, the 8 guilds will again fight for their rights to a Castle on Sunday. The winners of the Sunday match will gain rights to own(and enter) the Castle until the next Sunday Emporia.

Saturday winner gets one star castle and Sunday gets two star? Or is Saturday just for practice or something?

#15 paulafini

paulafini

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:38 PM

Thank you for this!

#16 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:58 PM

How to Play?
The 8 Guilds who have successfully accepted bids(Gold Donation from Guild Vault) for the tournament spots will battle it out in a single elimination match on Saturdays! Following which, the 8 guilds will again fight for their rights to a Castle on Sunday. The winners of the Sunday match will gain rights to own(and enter) the Castle until the next Sunday Emporia.

Is that a typo? Why would they fight twice?...

#17 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:34 PM

Can you clarify on using the guild vault to bid? Does that mean we can use gold to bid instead of guild points?

Correct, the system has changed a bit since it was last implemented. Bids are now gold from the guild vault instead of guild points.

Oh, that's nice. Now if you could adress my missing weapon and return it to me, kthx. -.-

Thats the GM team, can't really help ya there. But best of luck.

Saturday winner gets one star castle and Sunday gets two star? Or is Saturday just for practice or something?

Yea its a typo, i've clarified the language a bit in the original post:

The 8 Guilds who have successfully accepted bids(Gold Donation from Guild Vault) for the tournament spots will battle it out in a single elimination match on Saturdays! Following which, the winning guild will again fight for their rights to a Castle(1 Star) on Sunday against the current Castle Holder. Winners of the 1 Star match will continue on and challenge the 2 Star Castle holder for the top spot. Winners of the 1 Star and 2 Star Castles will gain rights to own(and enter) the Castle until the next Sunday Emporia.

Also since this is the first week(4/8) players who win the match on Saturday will automatically be placed in a 1 Star Castle (since no other guild currently holds that spot). 2 Star will remain empty, and there will be no Sunday matches. The following week(4/15) matches on Saturday will proceed normally and Sunday the winner will challenge the 1 Star Castle holder from the previous week. If the defender of the 1 Star castle wins the match he will be moved to the 2Star Castle and the Challenger remains castle-less.

So to clarify, in order to move from 1 Star Castle to 2 Star Castle you must win, hold the castle for one week, and then defend the 1 Star Castle from the challenger in order to move to the 2 Star Castle.

#18 Xyltch

Xyltch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

Also since this is the first week(4/8) players who win the match on Saturday will automatically be placed in a 1 Star Castle (since no other guild currently holds that spot). 2 Star will remain empty, and there will be no Sunday matches. The following week(4/15) matches on Saturday will proceed normally and Sunday the winner will challenge the 1 Star Castle holder from the previous week. If the defender of the 1 Star castle wins the match he will be moved to the 2Star Castle and the Challenger remains castle-less.

So to clarify, in order to move from 1 Star Castle to 2 Star Castle you must win, hold the castle for one week, and then defend the 1 Star Castle from the challenger in order to move to the 2 Star Castle.

So it should go something like this then?:

• Fight 1(4/9): One-star castle is claimed
  • Fight 2(4/17): Winner and 1 star castle holder fight, potential 2 star castle claim.
  • Fight 3: Once 2 star castle is claimed, next winner gets the 1 star castle
  • Fight 4: Once 1 and 2 star castles are claimed, next winner fights 1 star castle holder
  • Fight 5: if 1 star castle is held, 1 star and 2 star castle holders fight
  • Fight 6: if 2 star castle is over-taken, 1 star castle is left vacant and fights 3-6 are repeated. If castle is held, no placement changes.

Please correct me if any of this is mistaken.

#19 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:07 PM

In the words of Michelle from Full House: "You got it dude!".

• Fight 2(4/17): Winner and 1 star castle holder fight, potential 2 star castle claim.
  • Fight 4: Once 1 and 2 star castles are claimed, next winner fights 1 star castle holder
  • Fight 6: if 2 star castle is over-taken, 1 star castle is left vacant and fights 3-6 are repeated. If castle is held, no placement changes.

Yes that's how this is supposed to work. We're really excited and will have folks watching the matches on the back end to ensure things go off.

#20 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationStar 61 in the AOB 1337 Nebula

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:11 PM

Thank you for the well wishes Hastur. I hope so too.

#21 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:49 PM

Thanks, this is much clearer. Are the Sunday matches going to be the same dragon defense that we had before?

#22 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:31 PM

Does our emporia work differently from other versions? I remember that the winner of the 1 star match, regardless if it was the defender or the attacker, would get 2 star. Is this the case over here?

#23 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:31 PM

In the words of Michelle from Full House: "You got it dude!".

Yes that's how this is supposed to work. We're really excited and will have folks watching the matches on the back end to ensure things go off.

That sounds all wrong according to the other versions, and why would our version be anything different?

#24 HiRyan

HiRyan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 901 posts
  • LocationIn your pants

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:35 AM

our version is special.

#25 DaShizzWizz

DaShizzWizz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:11 AM

That sounds all wrong according to the other versions, and why would our version be anything different?

Dragon Saga.. Dragonica
o.o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users