AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:01 PM

As this post is incredibly long I added a tl;dr section (summary) at the end of each thought.

First off, it is well known that people switch to the winning side. It has been brought up multiple times on the forums to randomize it so everyone is in a faction but fighting for a random side. Honestly this never made sense to me, so I came up with an alternative. If anybody knows anything about the 10-17year old range (range varies) you will know that friends are made and betrayed on a regular basis. This being said I think we should stick with fighting for our factions but eliminate the alliances that the factions have (in other words have the factions' allies be random for each war). Let them get mad at each other every now and then. This will make it so you can still collect points for those pesky equipment pieces but you will never know what the winning side is cuz it will change from game to game.

Long story short: Don't randomize the character's roles in UW; randomize the faction's roles.

Secondly, I have noticed that, for the attacking side, even if you are right ON respawn the attacking side can still see everything you say and they can see every move you make. So i came up with a brilliant idea! lengthen the map and move spawn areas back and expand them bit. Then maybe we can go through those side tunnels without being detected and be able to speak in respawn without being overheard (spy's not included in scenario).

Long story short: Increase attacker's privacy; lengthen the respawn point.
Spoiler

And last but not least, I came up with a design for a new union war map that can be randomized along with the factions. It is just a rough copy done in paint as i'm worthless at 3D modeling. If anybody who has more expertise wishes to help me with the modeling please feel free to pm me and i'd be happy to tell you what i was thinking for EVERY angle of the map..

Long story short: This is a 2 level map for UW.
Simple
Spoiler

Complex (more detailed)
Spoiler

Edited by AlisiaMT, 15 April 2011 - 11:21 AM.

#2 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:44 PM

The idea sounds nice i just need to get a grip of the picture once i got it down ill comment further :(

#3 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:54 PM

LoL ya as i said i suck at graphics XD its easier if you copy it then flip it upsidedown XD

#4 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:18 AM

The idea sounds nice i just need to get a grip of the picture once i got it down ill comment further :)

you ever manage to figure it out or should i do some more editing??? :(

#5 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:20 AM

lol its great but there's a few things that could be changed others will comment about them when and if they find it necessary~

#6 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:22 AM

I am appreciative of everyone for the incredibly vague responses....

I'm starving! give me feedback!!!

#7 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:47 AM

I am appreciative of everyone for the incredibly vague responses....

I'm starving! give me feedback!!!

first off idk how many people want to do a maze after dieing all the time in the UW im not fond of that but anyways, the little ramp under the respawn sides could be problematic for the talking and others hearing part since even if you are high above or below you can still hear them, the random Union/Faction sides is a great idea had by many that would help the sides balance a little but people still wont change Unions since we have 1 set per house.

my two cents for now

#8 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

first off idk how many people want to do a maze after dieing all the time in the UW im not fond of that but anyways, the little ramp under the respawn sides could be problematic for the talking and others hearing part since even if you are high above or below you can still hear them, the random Union/Faction sides is a great idea had by many that would help the sides balance a little but people still wont change Unions since we have 1 set per house.

my two cents for now

good point on the ramps and i thought of dieing all the time, but figured if the maze was one that would be considered "easy" then it might be fine. I'll see what i can do with that..

Also, I did not mean randomize the people, if that's what you were reffering to. Doing that would cause way too much confusion for getting the faction sets. What i meant was making it so the factions themselves would be randomized. For example, in one war it could be RC + AR vs FG + JO and another war it could be JO + AR vs FG + RC. This would make the winning side unpredictable but people could still fight for their unions.

#9 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:44 PM

Also, I did not mean randomize the people, if that's what you were reffering to. Doing that would cause way too much confusion for getting the faction sets. What i meant was making it so the factions themselves would be randomized. For example, in one war it could be RC + AR vs FG + JO and another war it could be JO + AR vs FG + RC. This would make the winning side unpredictable but people could still fight for their unions.

i got that and thats what i meant but still its like this all the Chiv is in RC all the Prec is in FG Lum is idk AR? and Glor is JO? so people pretty much only want two of those if that the RC one or the FG one so everyone would still go for them and even though it would work like that when u have the 25% chance *i think* of being the RC/FG again its a pointless UW again *on Draco anyways*. my thinking is go back to the spread out Union Equips then when you want a certain piece you have to work for it again or at least change the Union your in.

Edited by Zurn, 06 April 2011 - 12:45 PM.

#10 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:49 PM

Oh, yes, I agree.

hmmmm...changing the map is going to be tricky since the parts that you don't like is kind of what it revolves around... any suggestions?

#11 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:15 PM

Almost any changes would be good for UW. Many ideas and maps have been suggested. Your ideas are good and I hope they take all the ideas and do something soon!!!!1

#12 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:24 AM

So, i'm working on a simpler visual (like what andy did for his) for the map i created and have posted the first floor. I hope this makes it easier to understand for everyone. As always, if anyone is willing to help me put this into a 3D model please pm me. thanks =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users