Wednesday April 6 VIP implementation Maintenance - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Wednesday April 6 VIP implementation Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
254 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:11 PM

CLICK here to get a guide on patching.

So here is what we are expecting to occur during this Wednesday Maintenance.

• St Patrick's Hat will exit the Kafra Shop
  • Four Leaf Clover in Mouth will exit the Kafra Shop
  • O'Reilly's Green Box will exit the Kafra Shop
  • Green Ale turnin NPC will leave.
  • Double Exp event for Green Ale redemption ends.
  • Brasilis Launch!
  • VIP System Launch!
  • One Time resetter is coming in until May 5th. If you have already used him, it won't work a 2nd time.
    He is in Eden Group area "Mesmerist"
  • For our great support of the MercyCorp fundraiser for Japan we will continue on to do another week long double exp event!
  • Next week 4/13 we will reset all alchemists lists.
VIP System Implementation!

• Default Exp for ALL servers goes to 100% (like Valkyrie now)
  • Default Monster Item Drop goes to 100% (like Valkyrie now)
  • Default EXP loss on Death becomes 3%
  • Default Storage is 300 on Yggdrasil and Valkyrie
  • Default Storage is 600 on Ymir
  • Default Warps and prices for Kafra services will be what valkyrie uses.
  • More and cheaper services from Kafra when VIP.
  • Upgrade rates will be set to "premium server" rates. eg. Armor is safe to +4, enhanced rate from Enriched when higher than that.
  • Kafra shop items will use the best price offered on any server, and be unified on all servers. Valkyrie will tend to have lower prices after the update, and Ymir/Ygg will get rental items. Convex mirrors will not make the transition to Ymir.
  • Items like Empty Bottles will be sold by NPC on all servers
  • Empty bottles will be 400z from trader NPCs.
  • Empty bottles may NOT be sold to NPCs (but you can drop them or sell to players)
  • Marriage: If you are non-VIP you require a Written Oath of marriage
  • Marriage: If you are VIP, you have an option of doing a written oath of marriage or the standard in-game item options.
  • Storage overflow: If you have 300+ / 300 you can access all items and pull items OUT. But you may not create any new stacks of items in storage until you are under the "X" 300+ / X . Pretend that storage is full at 300 anything overthat is all you get. You could add items to an already made stack of white potions, but you couldn't stick that cotton shirt in if you are over capacity.
Yggdrasil and Valkyrie changes

• Items sold to NPC (Etc items) are 75% normal value (like Valkyrie is now)
    Equips and consumables will be full 100% value. VIP will get quest rewards that will give stuff and possibly zeny. Looking at most players habits the amount made from etc item sales to NPC is less than 16% of their intake. Bots it tends to be over 70% of their zeny intake. This impacts players to give them about 4% less overall wealth incoming compared with bots losing 17% of their income. Most etc items can be sold to players for use in creating something.
  • Creamy, Vitata, Deviling, and Ghostring will drop from monsters on Open servers. OCAs will not have those items.
  • 3rd Class change will require either a Reset Stone OR VIP on the account
    Reset stone boxes can be purchased from player vends, purchased from Playspan.
Adding VIP Package!

• Purchased from the WarpPortal to empower an account.
  • Its bonuses apply on all servers.
  • Any remaining subscription time will convert into VIP at a rate of 1 day -> 1 Day VIP
  • Hourly will also convert: 1 hour of hourly -> 1 Day of VIP
  • For 1 Month of VIP it will be 700 WPE (same cost as current subscription)
  • Vip Package gives you 150% Drops, EXP, 1% death penalty and 600 storage.
  • Creating more than the server default character limit is possible with VIP active.
  • YMIR default is 0 characters
  • Valkyrie/Yggdrasil is 3 characters.
YMIR is our "VIP" server
Yggdrasil and Valkyrie are "Open" servers.

Manual Patch Method :
-Download the Manual Patch..
-Extract it into your Ragnarok Installation folder, default is "C:\Program Files\Gravity\Ragnarok Online\".
-Run the new Ragnarok.exe to patch and play as normal. You will need to manually update any shortcuts you use to use Ragnarok.exe instead of the "others".
This method also works on freshly downloaded clients from October 2010.

OR

Normal Patch Process:
Patch as admin using the Renewal.exe or RagnarokFree.exe/Valkyrie.exe.
When it completes patching, close the patcher.
Change your shortcuts to point to "Ragnarok.exe"
Run as admin the 1st time to be sure you got all patches.

Play on whatever server you wish.

#2 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:22 PM

3rd Class change will require VIP OR VIP on the account
Do you mean reset stone?

What about the 2x exp promised?
http://blog.gravityus.com/?p=1035

As well, can the St. Patrick's Day Hat stay for one more week? A lot of people from Valkyrie wanted to get +7 of these hats but were waiting until after VIP maintenance to get the better upgrading rates to attempt a +7. Some people have stocked up on several hats to upgrade them after VIP, but it would be quite a shame if none of them actually made it to +7.

Edited by Pril, 05 April 2011 - 05:30 PM.

#3 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:26 PM

Do we user (Valkyries) still need to buy Written Oath of Marriage to get marry. ?

#4 blitzrick

blitzrick

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:26 PM

Default Storage is 300 on Yggdrasil and Valkyrie (maybe temporarily on Ymir)

How likely this will apply to Ymir? and for how long?
What will happen to overflowed items? 600/300

#5 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:31 PM

Going to update with these questions.

#6 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:34 PM

Hmm... I didn't noticed the 3rd class part.

What is the point of the servers having different 'perks'? Shouldn't all of the servers be equal, other than character creation..? Why does Ymir get no convex and eventually more storage..?

As well, if the "Open" and "Closed" server is the entire reasoning behind that, you need to pay for 3rd class anyway. So, pay for VIP, create all of your characters, get your third classes, and voila! Now the same people get the same thing, except half get more storage room.

Makes no sense... But thank you for the information.

#7 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:38 PM

Will items sell to NPCs for their normal price if you have an active subscription? It seems pointless to impose the restriction otherwise. :(

Will having an active subscription allow you to use the Kafra teleportation service from all towns and cities?

Edited by richard, 05 April 2011 - 05:42 PM.

#8 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:41 PM

Will items sell to NPCs for their normal price if you have an active subscription? It seems pointless to impose the restriction otherwise. :(

Will having an active subscription allow you to use the Kafra teleport service from all towns and cities?

No the selling price will not be influenced by VIP status, as you could just give it to a friend to sell for you, or to a stranger offering service.. The latter is a scam and a half waiting to happen. it is purely a plan to keep the amount of zeny entering the market under control; and it is something we will review after we see the effect on the server in a month or 2.

With VIP there is the opportunity to offer special rewards on quests, such as items/zeny to help make up for the loss from the etc sales.

#9 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:48 PM

Hmm... I didn't noticed the 3rd class part.

What is the point of the servers having different 'perks'? Shouldn't all of the servers be equal, other than character creation..? Why does Ymir get no convex and eventually more storage..?

As well, if the "Open" and "Closed" server is the entire reasoning behind that, you need to pay for 3rd class anyway. So, pay for VIP, create all of your characters, get your third classes, and voila! Now the same people get the same thing, except half get more storage room.

Makes no sense... But thank you for the information.

do not want bots to take over Ymir.

#10 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:53 PM

So, do we have the special npcs yet?

#11 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:54 PM

do not want bots to take over Ymir.

Really? That's why I have no problem with the character creations, but the gimping of two servers? Fascinating, how did I not see it before! Silly me, it was so obvious.

Really though, I see the reason for the character limitations.

I do not see a reason for Ymir having <x> or <y> over Valkyrie and Yggdrasil, especially when players are going to pay just as much for the same things.

#12 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:02 PM

http://irowiki.org/w...vers_Comparison

For a somewhat easy way to compare things.

#13 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:10 PM

http://irowiki.org/w...vers_Comparison

For a somewhat easy way to compare things.

Yesss. Exactly what I am talking about. Even more apart than I thought, though... Different Seal Quest participation? Really?

Still no clue for why, though. Less bots, more everything... What's the point of the other servers again? Oh, so we can "try out" 3 characters? Cool. Then what? Oh, we're stuck doing everything the hard way (even if we pay the same amount as Ymirians) unless we want to transfer to Ymir? I seeeee.

...Not really. And when my boyfriend wonders why I'm still playing RO instead of <x> game he's interested in, I must say, I will join him in this wonder. Unless, of course, he actually convinces me one day.

#14 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:19 PM

Yesss. Exactly what I am talking about. Even more apart than I thought, though... Different Seal Quest participation? Really?

Still no clue for why, though. Less bots, more everything... What's the point of the other servers again? Oh, so we can "try out" 3 characters? Cool. Then what? Oh, we're stuck doing everything the hard way (even if we pay the same amount as Ymirians) unless we want to transfer to Ymir? I seeeee.

...Not really. And when my boyfriend wonders why I'm still playing RO instead of <x> game he's interested in, I must say, I will join him in this wonder. Unless, of course, he actually convinces me one day.

The differences are pretty negligible from what I see. Maybe you're just overemphasizing them. The seal differences account for the difference in population size.

#15 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:26 PM

The differences are pretty negligible from what I see. Maybe you're just overemphasizing them. The seal differences account for the difference in population size.

Oh, because the barely 40 people a day Ygg will totally be able to come up with those extra 25/50 people. :|

Overemphasizing, maybe a bit. But, I have gotten no reason for these differences between servers. All are going f2p. The only extra obstacle to play on Ymir is that you need a VIP the first day, but after that you don't have to until you third class. Except, that's with all the servers (needing to pay to third class). So, if every account needs to pay at least once in their account-lifespan, why should there be *any* difference between the servers?

(Outside of Character Creation. Again, I see the point in that. As well, I understand about the market testing with the NPC selling amount. I don't see the point for everything else.)

Edit// Fixed a typo.

Edit2// Hmm. Perhaps not. I told my guildmate (who is usually the only other one on) and now he wants to move to Ymir. Sera is right, GMs DO want to empty out Ygg...

Edited by Evionne, 05 April 2011 - 06:30 PM.

#16 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:32 PM

The seal thing is 100% about the popsize difference. And really the reason it isn't changing right now is because I don't want to change it 2 times.

We are working with you on updating the seal quests, at that time we'll see where we are for differences between servers.

For the storage thing it is 100% having to do with a huge % of accounts on Ymir (who are our targets for bringing back) that are over 300, and if we make the limiter be 300 it will cause accounts to turn away before giving it a chance. Ygg and Valk never had an issue of storage, so it is not a concern to the community.

If things go well, in 2 years the default across the board will be 600 with VIP expansion beyond that and you will fill that storage with all the neat new stuff in-game.

Really Ygg players are given a chance to get to Ymir, and we welcome them to it. Ygg is a fresh start server, we do expect it to be more about "new players" or those that want a "fresh start" rather than veterans, veterans have ymir and to a more recent extent Valkyrie. The other alternative was merging Ygg forcibly (always a problem when we force action) and reopening it as a new server.

#17 SisterBelle

SisterBelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationArkansas, USA

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:35 PM

"Default Warps and prices for Kafra services will be what valkyrie uses."

Tears. :'(
If I'm reading that right...sooo if you're not VIP then only really Prontera has Kafra warps?

#18 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:37 PM

Well, at least you're honest. Will ever we have the Seals difference dropped to fit Ygg, since it'd most likely go the way of Iris (being forever small)?

What about the card differences? As well, will Ygg be having their god-making items dropping from castles? (If not, it will vouch for you taking away GTB. Not for GR/Devil, however.)

/endbitchyquestions

Speaking of castles, do we have to reach a goal of <x> people playing during WoE to have more castles open? Or will all the realms be open on WoEs after Thursday?

Edit// Just saw your edit to your post, Heim. Everyone here in Ygg is a fresh start... I know I completely restarted on Ygg, even after regaining all my gears on Ymir. (What else would we be..? Transfers weren't open to us! :( )

Edited by Evionne, 05 April 2011 - 06:39 PM.

#19 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:41 PM

I think this applies to ygg but not valk.

ygg has low population, so getting new people to join(try) there will have quite a few benefits for them instead of joining ymir.
Even though the bot population might(will) turn them off unless something will get done to eliminate(limit) them.

#20 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:52 PM

I do not see a reason for Ymir having <x> or <y> over Valkyrie and Yggdrasil, especially when players are going to pay just as much for the same things.

Playing on Yggdrasil I completely agree with your point of view; since all the server have the VIP options it's unfair to have differences in the settings so in favor of Ymir.

Really Ygg players are given a chance to get to Ymir, and we welcome them to it. Ygg is a fresh start server, we do expect it to be more about "new players" or those that want a "fresh start" rather than veterans, veterans have ymir and to a more recent extent Valkyrie. The other alternative was merging Ygg forcibly (always a problem when we force action) and reopening it as a new server.

Many Yggdrasil players are former Ymir veterans with several trans characters there; if they started from scratch on Yggdrasil they had strong reasons... Saying "you can get back to Ymir" sounds like you put extra effort to level your character from scratch with crappy gear only to get it back to a server where you could have used your good equipment on you already existing characters and get to an higher level with much less effort...
A big waste just to be back to a server they didn't want to play in.

#21 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:53 PM

Will you add the promissed extra benefits like quests, new maps, services, etc?

I was really excited about the possible new VIP maps and quests you were planning...

#22 Allysia

Allysia

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationIn a better Place.
  • Server:My Company

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:19 PM

I want just remember you this piece of the mail that Gravity US sent at all accounts when the renewal is arrived.

"To accompany such a big reimagining of Ragnarok we have opened a new Server "Yggdrasil" to allow new players and veterans a fresh start for their adventure."

I'm a veterans, I have 8 Trans and 4 third Classes chars on Ymir and a good equipment. If I'm on Ygg is cos I had a serious reason that you Heimdallr know. And believe me if Ygg was like Valkyrie in the beginning I would have avoid to spend time and real cash on it. I went there first for the reason that you know, second cos it was a premium servers with premium service. As I would have avoid to spend the same time and money to remake chars, when I could continue to use my high lvl characters on Ymir, only to come back there without the drop that I want.

So Please make all server equal, at least Yggdrasil like Ymir.

Edited by Allysia, 05 April 2011 - 07:20 PM.

#23 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:25 PM

Self-imposed Post Cooldown ending in... 3... 2... 1...

Playing on Yggdrasil I completely agree with your point of view; since all the server have the VIP options it's unfair to have differences in the settings so in favor of Ymir.

Hah, I knew I wasn't over-<adjective>ing this!

As well, during my self-imposed post cooldown, I was thinking:

Ymir Players -> No problems, they're still top dog, they still get more perks.

Valk Players -> Slightly less problems, they still get more perks.

Ygg Players -> Yeah, problems, we get downgraded!

Hmm..

As well, Brokenguy, it is both a positive and a negative to join the 'new' (Open) server.

Pros:
Easier to catch up to the top level-wise
Easier to catch up to the top gear-wise
Easier to sell needed items via market (As not many have 'em)
Easier to MvP
Easier to join a guild
People generally more friendly

Cons:
Harder to gear yourself via Market
Harder to make money (Even more so once we get 75% NPC Pricing...)
Consequently, harder to level with potions
Consequently, slower to level (Doubles with hard to gear yourself)
There is no Market
There will be Bots (Lots)
Lower Priority (Issues solved slower)
Less 'Perks' (Than Ymir)
Less people to help guide you
Less people to party with
Less people to WoE with
Not a lot of guilds to join
Guilds are rather barren

I'm sure there's more that I missed...

Edit// Fixed a typo, saw Allysia's post. Again, yes! This is exactly what I mean. We COULD'VE stayed on Ymir. We RESTARTED on Ygg. Fresh! New! Painfully! We had to tear ourselves from guildmates, and friends we've played with for years in some cases! We could've kept all of that for the last <x> months! But, we supported the new server. And now we're getting kicked in the ass for it.

Edit2// I'm not just supporting equality for Ygg and Ymir, I'm rooting for Valkyrie too. They have every right and reason to be the same as Ymir as much as Ygg, especially since they've been dealing with the bot problem longer than we have!

Edited by Evionne, 05 April 2011 - 07:32 PM.

#24 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:42 PM

You have the same options staying on Yggdrasil as always. There is NOTHING being taken away from Yggdrasil if you are on VIP setting. In fact there are gains on Yggdrasil (and all servers) when VIP is brought into the system. I do expect Yggdrasil population to climb higher than it is right now, once yggdrasil has a high enough population (300+) to possibly sustain WoE then WoE will open up.

Ideally we want as few differences between the servers as possible to avoid confusion, but unfortunately Ymir has many things set in stone such as certain cards being around from long ago, that are things we can fix on the newer servers. Price of items sold to NPC only effects etc items and frankly the amount of stuff that you BUY from NPCs quickly trickles away as you level. Player trades uses available money in the market so whatever the prices are will work out for the player market.

If you choose to stay on Yggdrasil, that is awesome, you will be the elite class that all the new players will try to emulate, that in itself is a good opportunity. If making Yggdrasil open to new players for Free doesn't get more players playing on it, then we may have to review further options for Yggdrasil. The population on it is not a sustainable game server population, both from a game play perspective or a business model. I want yggdrasil to grow and thrive and get up to Valkyrie Population levels, and our bot hunt team to be extra busy killing the bots on both those servers.

From the next move perspective we are:
Looking at a test of VIP map system, hopefully soon in April
Party system revamp to make it more feasible to party
Seal quest and treasure drop system re-imagining.
EXP gain rate review, to try and smooth the progression through the game to remove the brick wall effect at ~ 110-120.
Cast time review between all 3rd classes

All while this is going on we have the Dev team already working on balance items and the patches that have been applied in Korea to get implemented for us.

All those items are things we have lightly discussed in the past, but have all been put on hold by Dev team because their development pipeline was full with our Brasilis and VIP settings. This being completed tomorrow allows us to realyl start looking at the future rather than the right now.

#25 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:43 PM

I was forgetting about the warping problem which VIP changes seemed promissing, but looks like warps will be a premium feature...

Could make it so a quest purchased with reset stones opens the kafra warps to non premium accounts please? I'm glad that I will have no problem warping my main account around, but paying a subscription just for the warps in my alt accounts feels not so rewarding. I mean, some alt accounts are accounts I won't level at all, or hunt in, so the only benefit would be the warps... I would pay a few reset stones to unlock the kafra warps, but paying monthly just to warp sounds too much. At least until you add the extra VIP quests/dungeons =p.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users